• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Someone should ban David Arnold from film music events until he gets off his ass and actually composes something. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2016
    I'm up for kidnapping him (and Nicholas Dodd)? I've waited far too long for a new Arnold score. Fuck it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Someone should ban David Arnold from film music events until he gets off his ass and actually composes something. rolleyes

Not before he attends MY festival, which I intend to ask him about soon.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Could you ask Mr. Arnold that when all of us score fans do a kickstarter fundraiser and get enough money together if he would be willing to write his version of Independence Day 2 score, and use an orchestra of his choice and Nicholas Dodd. However due to copyright issues and whatnot he'd have to call it 'The Alien Invasion Symphony for devoted David Arnold fans' and release that in a digital lossless format. But we all know it could serve as a general 'fuck you' to Emmerich and Devlin for going for those two hack composers.

wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wrote
    Could you ask Mr. Arnold that when all of us score fans do a kickstarter fundraiser and get enough money together if he would be willing to write his version of Independence Day 2 score, and use an orchestra of his choice and Nicholas Dodd. However due to copyright issues and whatnot he'd have to call it 'The Alien Invasion Symphony for devoted David Arnold fans' and release that in a digital lossless format. But we all know it could serve as a general 'fuck you' to Emmerich and Devlin for going for those two hack composers.

wink

Well, I believe the 'fuck you' would have gone to Emmerich for hiring John Williams for THE PATRIOT -- which I believe is when they parted ways.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Ok, but The Patriot is actual music, memorable and often brilliant, composed by a man of stature and legend. Those other two guys, I keep forgetting their names, are like the opposite of that.

I can definitely see Arnold admitting that hiring Williams was a good decision. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    I keep forgetting their names

Me too, but at least one of them is a wanker.
  5. Well yeah that's the one name that all of us dudes can never seem to forget. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2016
    Not anymore, though. He's now called Wander.

I like some of Kloser and Wander's work, and I'm waiting to hear the new ID4 before I pass judgement on that one.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Thor wrote

Gee, I wander why? rolleyes
  7. Thor wrote

I like some of Kloser and Wander's work, and I'm waiting to hear the new ID4 before I pass judgement on that one.

I'm fairly certain it will never reach ID of Arnold, so why bother then?
    Bring back Arnold punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2016
    DreamTheater wrote
    Ok, but The Patriot is actual music, memorable and often brilliant, composed by a man of stature and legend. Those other two guys, I keep forgetting their names, are like the opposite of that.

I can definitely see Arnold admitting that hiring Williams was a good decision. smile

Thomas Wanker (now Wander wink and Harald Kloser
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2016
    Next week the Lifetime Achievement Award will be announced, and soon after that more guests.

WHo could the Lifetime award go to? Someone who's prolific in tv scoring?
    Kazoo
  8. Bear McCreary? Jeff Beal? Sean Callery? Mark Snow?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Jeff Beal i think smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Mark Snow is a good bet if we're talking TV composers who've been around for a while. But if they picked someone like Jan Hammer, I would die and go to heaven!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    If Bear is coming, I am so there :-)
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    Bill Conti?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2016 edited
    kilar30 wrote
    Bill Conti?

Good choice, but he's equally famous for his film scores, so I doubt that. My guess is it's going to be someone who's done their fair share of work in TV.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Mike Post and/or Peter Carpenter! cheesy
    • CommentAuthorDennis
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2016
    Thor wrote
    kilar30 wrote
    Bill Conti?

Good choice, but he's equally famous for his film scores, so I doubt that. My guess is it's going to be someone who's done their fair share of work in TV.

Nope, it seems is someone who has worked with De Palma in the past......Morricone? Williams?
    My guess is Mark Isham as he has done several TV music too :o
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    Maybe Dave Grusin?
    • CommentAuthorDennis
    kilar30 wrote
    Maybe Dave Grusin?

Yes, possible. It could be him!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2016 edited
    http://www.filmfestival.be/nl/filmblog/ … -2016/2929

RYUICHI SAKOMOTO receives a Lifetime Achievement Award

W000t!

He will be attending!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorDennis
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2016
    Bregt wrote
    http://www.filmfestival.be/nl/filmblog/ … -2016/2929

RYUICHI SAKOMOTO receives a Lifetime Achievement Award

W000t!

He will be attending!

Cool!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Great choice! I'm not terribly familiar with his work outside the "usual suspects", but it's certainly a Name composer.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sakamoto is a fantastic composer and musician. beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Great choice! I'm not terribly familiar with his work outside the "usual suspects", but it's certainly a Name composer.

Oh absolutely, get down to it asap! Timmer is the expert, but these are must: SNAKE EYES, LITTLE BUDDHA, THE LAST EMPEROR, SILK.

Timmer wrote
    Sakamoto is a fantastic composer and musician. beer

Couldn't agree more!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2016 edited
    Demetris wrote
    Thor wrote

Oh absolutely, get down to it asap! Timmer is the expert, but these are must: SNAKE EYES, LITTLE BUDDHA, THE LAST EMPEROR, SILK.

Familiar with all of those, of course (they are some of the "usual suspects"), but I know he's been a mainstay in art pop for ages (also with Yellow Magic Orchestra), and I don't think I ever sought out any of his studio albums.

I really like SHELTERING SKY.
    I am extremely serious.