• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2016
    The time has come for me to sell off a large part of the collection if possible. I'll be moving into smaller quarters and there will be no room. I'll have a roomate which will be very nice for me as falling is an issue in my life. Put in your requests and I'll see what I can do. Not a happy time in my life.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Tom - Have you thought about contacting Screen Archives or Intrada. They buy large private libraries.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    yes I did Erik. The cost of shipping them is way too much. For what little I would get the work involved would not justify it. It makes me sad thinking about it but I do have some time and I'd be able to transfer a lot so at that point the CD's could go into the plastic recycle bin.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Damn, that sucks! Really no alternative?

Where are you moving Tom?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sorry to hear that you have to sell your CD's "involuntarily", Tom. I've been trying to sell off a great chunk of my collection for years -- voluntarily -- but with no luck. Do you have a list (with or without prices) that you could post here, perhaps?
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Would keeping the CDs themselves be an alternative? (And maybe the better quality booklets?) Those can be stored much more efficiently once the crystal cases are gone.

smile Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2016
    Thor: I would appreciate it so much if you and anyone else who might be interested post your requests. My prices will be very reasonable; the dilemma we face is the shipping. We can do it of course without jewel cases, I'll ship the CD with the liner notes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Volker, I'm planning on doing that with the ones I keep. If there is anything you're looking for post a list of the requests.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2016 edited
    It's pretty hard to browse a store that doesn't share its inventory, Tom. smile

I know it may be inconvenient to share a list, but didn't you have a database of your CDs? Then an extract couldn't be *too* hard, could it?

For us to just throw out random titles on the off chance you might have a copy doesn't seem very workable, I'm afraid.
    I, for one, have absolutely NO wish list. Although if I were to peruse any catalogue or list almost always a number of titles strike my fancy.

Very sorry to hear the reason for your need for "slimming down".
    I hope the future is kind to you, Tom.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2016 edited
    Yes, I'm afraid the only CD's I currently have on my wish list are those I already have in digital format, but which I need to pick up in physical format for completist reasons. I doubt you have any of them:

David Gilmour - Rattle that Lock
    David Gilmour - On an Island

John Williams - Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    John Williams - Tom Sawyer

Danny Elfman - The End of the Tour
    Danny Elfman - Avengers: Age of Ultron
    Danny Elfman - Goosebumps

Elliot Goldenthal - Othello Symphony
    Elliot Goldenthal - Symphony in G Minor

Supertramp - 70/10

Alan Parsons - Livespan

Eric Woolfson - Somewhere in the Audience

Jean Michel Jarre - Electronica, Vol. 1
    Jean Michel Jarre - Electronica, Vol. 2

But if you had a list of items, I might throw myself on a title or two.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Tom, do you have Kritzerland's recent release of Beneath the 12-Mile Reef? I have a think about others.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    Do you have "Body double" (Donaggio / Intrada), "Shogun" (Jarre / Intrada) and "MacArthur" (Goldsmith / Varese)? Thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Tom, do you have Kritzerland's recent release of Beneath the 12-Mile Reef? I have a think about others.

Yes I do and will be happy to send it to you. PM me.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I do have MacArthur and I'll check on the others
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Martijn wrote
    It's pretty hard to browse a store that doesn't share its inventory, Tom. smile

I know it may be inconvenient to share a list, but didn't you have a database of your CDs? Then an extract couldn't be *too* hard, could it?

For us to just throw out random titles on the off chance you might have a copy doesn't seem very workable, I'm afraid.
    I, for one, have absolutely NO wish list. Although if I were to peruse any catalogue or list almost always a number of titles strike my fancy.

Very sorry to hear the reason for your need for "slimming down".
    I hope the future is kind to you, Tom.

I wish I had a list but never generated one and for that I'm guilty. I offered these to MT on the chance someone might want something. I just don't have the energy. My next purchase is going to be one of those scooters to be able to get around better.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    Do you have "Lionheart" by John Scott and "White fang" by Poledouris/Zimmer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I fully understand, Tom.
    Really hope some of your gems find a good home. Should I still think of any gaps in my collection I'll PM you!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorDennis
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2016
    Hi Tom.
    Looking for Intrada's Brubaker which is the only one I missed (don't know how!)

D.