• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. LAKESHORE RECORDS PRESENTS BEYOND: TWO SOULS -
    ORIGINAL VIDEO GAME SOUNDTRACK

Featuring Original Music By Lorne Balfe

(April 4, 2016 – Los Angeles, CA) – Lakeshore Records will release BEYOND: TWO SOULS
    - Original Video Game Soundtrack digitally on April 15, 2016 and on CD May 6, 2016.
    The album features the original score by Lorne Balfe (TERMINATOR GENISYS, PENGUINS
    OF MADAGASCAR, ASSASSIN'S CREED III).

The BEYOND: TWO SOULS is an interactive drama action-adventure video game for the
    PlayStation 3 home video game console, created by French game developer Quantic
    Dream and published by Sony Computer Entertainment. BEYOND: TWO SOULS features
    performances by Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe, which was originally released in
    October of 2013 and re-released in 2015 for PS4.

"Scoring a film has restrictions, whereas scoring a game does not,” Balfe stated.
    "Everyday I worked on BEYOND: TWO SOULS brought a new surprise. As a composer, you
    spend your time with your head down, staring at your hands, stumbling to find a
    chord progression or tense. But when I looked up at this footage, I never would have
    thought it was a game I was scoring. At one moment it was a game, but then it
    quickly became more far more."

Lorne Balfe is a Grammy Award-winning, EMMY and BAFTA nominated film composer from
    Inverness, Scotland. Lorne is known for composing the scores to Dreamworks
    Animation’s Penguins of Madagascar and Home, as well as Paramount Pictures and
    Skydance Media’s Terminator Genisys.

Lorne’s credits include major studio film releases, video game franchises, beloved
    animated features, and highly acclaimed documentaries. In 2014 Lorne composed the
    score for Manny, a documentary about the life of Manny Pacquiao, eight-division
    world champion and ten-time world title winning boxer, which premiered at SXSW in
    2015. He composed the score for Dreamworks Animation’s Penguins of Madagascar that
    was released worldwide in the fall of 2014. Immediately following the release of
    PENGUINS, Lorne completed the score for Dreamworks Animation’s Home starring
    Rihanna, Jim Parsons and Steve Martin that released in March 2015. Balfe kicked off
    2016 with the release of 13 HOURS: THE SECRET SOLDIERS OF BENGHAZI.

In addition to recognition earned for producing two of Hans Zimmer’s Oscar-nominated
    scores, Sherlock Holmes and Inception, Lorne found additional footing in the video
    game world. In 2011, Lorne composed alongside Jesper Kyd for the game, Assassin’s
    Creed: Revelations and earned a BAFTA nomination for Best Original Music. A year
    later in 2012, Lorne was already hard at work composing as a solo composer for
    Skylanders: Giants and Assassin’s Creed III that earned Lorne his second BAFTA
    nomination for Best Original Music, as well as the nomination for the BSO Goldspirit
    Award for Best Score for a Video Game. In late 2013 Skylanders: Swap Force as well
    as Beyond: Two Souls were released. Lorne has since composed the scores for all of
    the most recent Skylanders games by Activision.

From the visionary mind of David Cage, director of the award-winning Heavy Rain™,
    comes the most powerfully emotional experience on PlayStation® 3. A singularly
    unique psychological action thriller delivered by A-list Hollywood performances by
    Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe, BEYOND: TWO SOULS takes you on a thrilling journey
    across the globe as you play out the remarkable life of Jodie Holmes.

Lakeshore Records will release BEYOND: TWO SOULS - Original Video Game Soundtrack
    digitally on April 15, 2016 and on CD May 6, 2016

# # #

http://www.lakeshore-records.com

For more information contact KrakowerGroup[at]gmail.com, or @KrakowerGroup on Twitter
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2016
    This is quite good. A bit too "on-the-nose" at times, but definitely rewarding.

I read up on the game, and for someone who doesn't play videogames anymore, it looked quite intriguing -- basically like an interactive movie.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2016 edited
    In Hollywood they have run out of ideas, but not in the videogame industry, except for a couple of yearly updated franchises. As the medium is maturing, it's also getting more and more sophisticated, cinematic and immersive. Interactive entertainment is the future. smile

Balfe's music is wonderfully emotional. Jodie's theme is sure to please many score fans. And as someone who heard the music in context, in the game highly effective. But that's only my opinion.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2016
    I really, REALLY like this score!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2016
    Balfe has done some really nice things as well apart from this smile He's one of the gifted of the bunch imo
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. It's a film score for a blockbuster game. It they ever make a movie of this, I hope they honor the source. It's a superb game, and as my brother said the score's highly effective. Jodie's theme is wonderful
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2016
    I am soo happy by this announcement. I wanted to buy this score so bad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2016
    IT IS FOR SALE GUYS!

Sorry for the caps, but I am really exited :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Gorgeous score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor wrote
    This is quite good. A bit too "on-the-nose" at times, but definitely rewarding.

I read up on the game, and for someone who doesn't play videogames anymore, it looked quite intriguing -- basically like an interactive movie.

I'm in the same sort of situation you are. I've never played one other than Pacman when my daughter was little.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Is there anything to listen to?
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2016
    You can officially "buy" it on the PlayStation store for quite a while. At StreamingSoundtracks.com we luckily got a copy.

But since it is out t is now on Spotify as well: https://open.spotify.com/album/6SCstolTyQVCCtJEEM6DXR
  3. To be honest I think the official album is a bit lacking, there's much more good material found in the game itself, or in the gamerip (if someone knows what that is and where it can be found wink)
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. a bootleg ripped from the game, an isolated score maybe, if suchlike things exits with games. I quit video games after Galaxian, so I can only speculate. Or ask Google. I won't.

smile Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  5. It's basically extracting the audio part from the game's files, as the files are installed on the hard drive anyway and can be manipulated by the user. Many gamerips need some assembling, but some actually are presentable and in quality resembling the official release (depends on the audio format of course).
  6. It's a bit harder, if the game is a console exclusive (PS3 in case of Beyond Two Souls).
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website