• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorzirael
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2008
    Cartographer, their second album was released in mid-Jan. I figure it might be of interest since Unearthed was used a lot for film trailers. The 1st disc seems more chilled out from the clips I've heard. What do you think of the approach they're taking?

http://cdbaby.com/cd/esposthumus3
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    I love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Wow, I didn't know there was a new release. The promises of another album seemed to go on forever so I just forgot about it, only took them 7 years after all. I can't play the music on that site, but I'll get that album pronto. I can imagine we'll see alot of the music being used in future trailers.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    Yeah, I knew it was released but oddly I havn't heard any buzz around the web, even on their site its hard to find, or was, I don't know if it's changed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I suppose it's like their first album, where there wasn't much buzz to begin with either, but several trailers used the music and suddenly the interest just exploded. Considering the reactions on that place, the 2nd disc on the album manage to live up to the high expectations, so it will probably get it's share of attention in time.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I totally loved their first album, it was one very important musical experience for me. I hope this new one will be even better!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2008 edited
    I heard some of it, and found out they're basically songs, not instrumental. All in some ancient language, but I don't think I'll enjoy it better then Unearthed. It's a whole new direction, musically. Have yet to hear the full album, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Bob, according to what people say on the site linked to in the OP, it's just disc 1 that consist of songs. They say disc 2 is like the "Unearthed" album.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    From the Amazon website:

This is a 2 CD collection with Vocal and Remix versions of every song. The Remix CD also contains 2 bonus tracks.

So I thought disc 2 had the remixes of the disc 1 songs, so naturally I steered clear? No? Hmm... worth checking out, then!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    As one of the reviewers say:

-----------
    I am blown away by this album, but let me start by saying that for die-hard Posthumus fans, the so-called "remix" CD (disk 2) is the real album here. The first CD contains 13 tracks with solo vocals sung by Luna Sans. Don't get me wrong, she does a nice job and has a beautiful voice, but disk 2 is FAR more than a simple "remix" CD. I have no idea why they'd sully these tracks with that description. In these tracks the 13 from the first CD have choirs and solo instruments in the place of Luna's vocals, plus electric guitars and electronics on some of the heavier tracks. This is the Posthumus from "Unearthed". This here, to me, is the group's true colors, and this disk blows the vocal disk clean out of the water.

I was rather captivated with the first CD, as it was the first I listened to, but every song is even better on the second disk. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard how complex and passionate these songs are. After disk 2, I'm really wondering why they made two versions of the songs. I suppose disk 1 is somebody else's cup of tea, but it doesn't have as much of the unique sound that only Posthumus can dish out.

7 years were well spent waiting for this album. Let's just hope it doesn't take another 7 for the next.
    ---------
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sweet!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Thanks for the heads up. Unearthed was a terrific album and I'm glad to see more from ESP. I'm not too fond of the songs but I see that the 2nd cd is just what I want smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2008 edited
    Like the first album, the music grows on you with every listen. Way better than the Globus - Epicon album. Better as in it has a more original sound than the Epicon album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Found a link to a music video for one of the song
    http://www.hiphop-elements.com/video/pl … _Sans.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    A bit too eurovision song contesty for me that video. I'm sure it will be on the second disc of "Cartographer" my interest lies.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    The Remix cd is very good. Not as good as Unearthed but still very cinematic at worse. I can definitely see them being used in movie previews..
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2008
    plindboe wrote
    A bit too eurovision song contesty for me that video. I'm sure it will be on the second disc of "Cartographer" my interest lies.

Ha, ha...yeah, I thought the exact same thing! The song, the video, the woman, the clothing....everything REEKED of Eurovision Song Contest.

vomit
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2008 edited
    Woah; the 2nd CD is like Zimmer on Steroids! Actually contains some mind-blowing orchestral - guitars - bass - choir - and drums stuff as well as some deeply melodic passages that would send most of the RC composers (and many of the film composers working today) straight away home! And it's actually VERY good, greatly recommended!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2008
    I listened to some of it yesterday on streamingsoundtracks and I really like it! I'm going to get this one smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2008
    You won't be disappointed, believe me! It rocks, i've been listening to it (esp. the 2nd cd) all day long today!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Woah; the 2nd CD is like Zimmer on Steroids! Actually contains some mind-blowing orchestral - guitars - bass - choir - and drums stuff as well as some deeply melodic passages that would send most of the RC composers (and many of the film composers working today) straight away home! And it's actually VERY good, greatly recommended!

I wouldn't say that it's Zimmer on steroid. Even Zimmer in weak sauce mode is still better than the obvious homage in first track of the 2nd CD (Ashief Pi). Not saying that E.S. Posthumus is second rate Zimmer clones. They have a very unique sound with a solid emphasis on rich themes and orchestrations. There are lots of superb melodic material to choose from, even though none of it achieved the greatness of the first album. What I do like about it is that they've retained the instrumentation and (at time) rhythm of the first album and expanded on the sound. I do wish that there were more high energey tracks since they seems to do it so well without ripping off anyone. Hopefully, the 3rd album will remedy this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2008
    It was not a rip-off comment; it was actually a compliment as to the overall quality of their music wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2008
    Sure. My comment was also directed at people who doesn't like Hans' style, and to convince them to try ESP (if they haven't already done so with Unearthed) and not dismiss them based on your comments. There's much to like on this album, for sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008 edited
    Check out the new tracksounds' interview with the two composers of E.S.POSTHUMUS, over at:

http://www.tracksounds.com/specialfeatu … _page1.htm
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008 edited
    Damn, I still have to get this album. The clips I've heard sound very promising. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008
    Cool!

There's another upcoming interview of the same at StreamingSoundtracks.com
    If you have any question to ask them do check SST
    There is also a prize giveaway (Cartographer cd) for the 'best' question.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2010
    Just found out that one of the Posthumus brothers died in May, so I guess E. S. Posthumus is no more.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_i … 3265476072

Dear Friends:

This has been an amazing year for ES Posthumus. Not only did we release our best selling album "Makara", but we opened the Super Bowl with Jay Z. However, with the sweetness of life often there follows the bitterness of mortality..... my brother, Franz, passed away in May. It was entirely unexpected.

The vast majority of music that we created as ESP is in your hands... there may be 1 or 2 additional songs that become available before the year end; unfortunately, I cannot promise anything.

As for me, I will begin to rebuild what was washed away, albeit in a form other than ES Posthumus. My brother and I created ESP together and we'll "exit stage left" together as well.

Franz was an extraordinary talent.... among other things, I will miss his creative ear and incomparable musical palette. Most of all, however, I will miss his wit and humor.... a consummate storyteller who found a punch line in even the most mundane scenarios.

Finally, thanks to every one of you... as you know, our success was truly "grassroots" ... it was driven by a sense of community and word of mouth.... you made it happen for us... we are eternally grateful..

Be well,

Helmut

Peter sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh, such a shame. Very unexpected news.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sorry to hear that. Posthumus was really the king of trailer music, and although much of it was pastiche, there is no denying their musical talent. The obit doesn't say any age, but I'm guessing he was way too young to go. sad
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nah, their music was much better than the average trailer music camp. Such a shame.