• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2011
    Yes, it's very good.

I had not heard the music before seeing the movie, and I wasn't familiar with the name Chris Bacon. Hearing a score like this in the cinema with zero expectations for the music was SO refreshing. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2011 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Is the movie good? His first movie, moon, was very impressive.

The movie? I'm more than satisfied with HER
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Michelle Monaghan is great!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Oh yes, she is angelic
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Going back to the score, it reminds me a lot of Paycheck (Powell) and Beltrami's work for I, Robot and Die Hard 4. Enjoying it thoroughly.
  1. I must be listening to a different score than everyone else. I thought it was mostly quite boring.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2011
    Souce Code has quite a few nice orchestral cues indeed, especially the final track is really nice. His score to Alpha And Omega last year was pretty enjoyable too.
  2. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I must be listening to a different score than everyone else. I thought it was mostly quite boring.

tongue

I haven't heard it yet Alan, but I want to check it out now

perhaps seeing the movie might enhance the feeling?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2011 edited
    I've just added my review of Source Code here.

Any comments, good or bad/constructive, are gratefully received.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Good review, Alan. Thanks for your thoughts.
  4. christopher wrote
    Good review, Alan. Thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks for the feedback.

I had a response to this score that was quite well formed quite early on - a shame it was not more positive. This score seems to have had very positive reviews elsewhere but I just can't see that. Someone here did question whether I had seen the film and no I have not. Maybe my thoughts would be different. Maybe they would be but I imagine that any change would be only be seen as a cementing of the emotional passages as being even better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2011
    Good review. I am waiting till i see the film first.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2011 edited
    Thanks for the review. Good to see a different opinion. smile
    Kazoo
  5. excellent review Alan. It immediately made me realize I'll never be this good. Then again I have other strengths, so I'll concentrate on mine instead smile . Keep up the great work though. punk

As for Source Code, I partially agree with you. While I give it 3 stars, I understand your concern. The middle portion is filler music that will effectively do its job in the picture, and the opening and final 3 scores deliver you what you've wanted to hear all along. Some cues sound indeed like John Powell while the middle is sinister and easy to forget.

3 stars, decent
  6. Thanks Thomas. I have great admiration for your output and the quality of your reviews.

I was a bit apprehensive about my review. I had listened to the score 3-4 times and I had a clear opinion on the music. But I put the review together in one sitting over a couple of hours.
  7. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thanks Thomas. I have great admiration for your output and the quality of your reviews.

I was a bit apprehensive about my review. I had listened to the score 3-4 times and I had a clear opinion on the music. But I put the review together in one sitting over a couple of hours.

sometimes I don't know what rating I have to give. Sometimes I find it either too less or too much. This was the reason why I went from full stars to half stars after a while. And yet sometimes you just don't know whether it is the right rating. Especially if you already heard so much to compare it with.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Excellent review! Do you mind if I copy and paste it and use it as my own?
  8. Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Excellent review! Do you mind if I copy and paste it and use it as my own?

Cheers, James! beer
  9. Crispy Bacon for Wonder Woman.

Chris Bacon scoring the "Wonder Woman" pilot:
    http://filmmusicreporter.com/
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2011
    I saw Source Code yesterday. The music was okay. The main theme reminded me of The Ghost Writer, with its nervous flutes and strings. The dramatic music was rather underwhelming.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How was the movie like Bregt? Worth it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yeah, it was a rather cool movie! I had fun at the cinema, as had my friends. It was a fast paced movie, and although the little love story is quite obvious and a bit corny near the end, it is all handled quite fast, so annoyance is not that long. The ending fucks the mind a bit. Good movie!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice, will watch it 'cause i loved his first movie (Moon) and the score for Source Code is something l listen to frequently! Thanks Bregt beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2011 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Yeah, it was a rather cool movie! I had fun at the cinema, as had my friends. It was a fast paced movie, and although the little love story is quite obvious and a bit corny near the end, it is all handled quite fast, so annoyance is not that long. The ending fucks the mind a bit. Good movie!

I agree but....don't you think it would have been better it the movie had ended a couple of minutes before? You know, with the [spoiler]frozen sequence[/spoiler]. To me, it would have been a more emotional and moving ending.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I'm not so romantic, and found that moment a bit corny. tongue So I liked the fact that there was a "twist" at the end for people like me. wink
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm with Bregt. I was happy it continued on and presented a twist.
  10. At the same time it's kind of funny, but it's also kind of awful.

Chris P. Bacon has a deal for three books. Sadly, this is not the upcoming talented composer, but Chris P. Bacon the handicap pig:
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06 … book-deal/
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2014
    New release for the guy with the best name ever:

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ … tel/Detail
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2014 edited
    '14 is the year of the great tv music that almost outshames film music (good wife s5, house of cards s2, hannibal s1 etc). This new Crispy Bacon's BATES MOTEL is wholly orchestral, thematic and very touching. Have you heard it?
  11. If that list is an example of great TV scoring in 2014 then I need to give up listening. I found House of Cards boring as anything and Hannibal pretty unlistenable. Bates Motel is far more enjoyable than either of these.