• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Review of 2012

biggrin

I wish we could assign stars to reviews as well as the scores proper!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009
    Fantastic cover!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Review of 2012

biggrin

I wish we could assign stars to reviews as well as the scores proper!

does that mean I wrote for once a good review?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Agreed, the most darkly comic review I've read in a while. applause :tipmyhat:
  2. I think you were a little generous with that extra star.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. justin boggan wrote
    I think you were a little generous with that extra star.

yep, sometimes I think that too, but it's still effective
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    If there's one piece of music that best illustrates the concept of world's end before my eyes, it's "Mount Doom" from LotR: Return of the King. Chills me to the bone, that one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009
    I loved the review tag! biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Sylvos wrote
    If there's one piece of music that best illustrates the concept of world's end before my eyes, it's "Mount Doom" from LotR: Return of the King. Chills me to the bone, that one.

Amen. The sinister choral work is nothing short of hair-raising.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I can't say whether I agree with your view or not Thomas as I've not heard it ( though I suspect, agree with you I would wink ), but that really was an entertaining read smile beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. wow, thanks guys for the kind remarks, I'll try to whop up a couple more like these, I think there is still crap worth reviewing right? wink

Christodoulides wrote
    I loved the review tag! biggrin

yeah, the movie was a great help in finding that smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Reviewing crap soundtracks should be considered a public service.
  5. Timmer wrote
    I can't say whether I agree with your view or not Thomas as I've not heard it ( though I suspect, agree with you I would wink ), but that really was an entertaining read smile beer

Check the first page the of the thread; link to hear the whole CD on Amazon (another country Amazon).
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2009
    Timmer wrote

Yeah, and reviewing Tyler Bates should be paid extra!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

I would call it compensation. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Doesn't that sort of thing get covered in global agreements (like the amount of money you get if your plane crashes, etc)?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tyler Bates...plane crashes? There's a difference!?
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

I like reviewing him shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

I know. You're probably into S&m too!
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

I know. You're probably into S&m too!

if it's with a girl, well yeah tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009 edited
    From a real review of the 2012 score on Amazon:

This review is a bit premature since I have not seen the movie, but heard only one track on the classical music station KDFC.com, but the writing by Wanker and Kloser on the track "The End is Only the Beginning" is excellent. I can't recall modern film music in the classical genre that's as well written, including compositions by Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman, Maurice Jarre, John Williams, Michael Kamen, etc. Definitely worth a listen.

I wonder what, if any, film music will be considered great by future generations in the way that say, opera or popular music like Viennese waltzes from the past are. Perhaps Williams will be regarded that way, but these tracks by Harald Kloser and Thomas Wander are definite possibilities. Some of the best contemporary writing I've heard.

shocked confused
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009
    I saw 2012 yesterday and friggin' loved every minute of it!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009
    I enjoyed the film as well. But the score was little more than wallpaper, not even as impactful or integral to the feel of the film as the Day After Tomorrow score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009
    Thor wrote
    I saw 2012 yesterday and friggin' loved every minute of it!

Same here. The score is the most impersonal background listen i've heard in modern film music for a major film, in years though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009
    Scribe wrote

This review is a bit premature since I have not seen the movie, but heard only one track on the classical music station KDFC.com, but the writing by Wanker and Kloser on the track "The End is Only the Beginning" is excellent. I can't recall modern film music in the classical genre that's as well written, including compositions by Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman, Maurice Jarre, John Williams, Michael Kamen, etc. Definitely worth a listen.

I wonder what, if any, film music will be considered great by future generations in the way that say, opera or popular music like Viennese waltzes from the past are. Perhaps Williams will be regarded that way, but these tracks by Harald Kloser and Thomas Wander are definite possibilities. Some of the best contemporary writing I've heard.

shocked confused

I'll take what this dude is smoking please.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009 edited
    Not Me D! Do that and you'll end up on the rocky road to baaaaaaaddddd music.

and not bad good just bad bad dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Christodoulides wrote
    Scribe wrote
    I wonder what, if any, film music will be considered great by future generations in the way that say, opera or popular music like Viennese waltzes from the past are. Perhaps Williams will be regarded that way, but these tracks by Harald Kloser and Thomas Wander are definite possibilities. Some of the best contemporary writing I've heard

I'll take what this dude is smoking please.

Unlike most of the situations where that line is used, in this case I think he actually might have been smoking something when he listened to that score... shocked
  8. Scribe wrote

shocked confused

from a real review, that means mine's not biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    By real, I just meant that what I was posting was so absurd that I wanted to make sure everyone understood that I wasn't making it up tongue *

Yours is real...and much more realistic biggrin

*like some people on this forum have gotten so good at making up Horner track titles that when the real Avatar track listing came out, I could barely believe it was real and not faked by somebody here
  9. Scribe wrote
    By real, I just meant that what I was posting was so absurd that I wanted to make sure everyone understood that I wasn't making it up tongue *

Yours is real...and much more realistic biggrin

got ya wink