• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjohnbijl
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2011 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    It's not sold out!

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7064/.f

Yes it is. Although http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/M0 … -expanded/ seems to carry it still.
    Nothing is as loud as silence - Miklós Rózsa
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2011
    popcorn
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    My mistake... my cache was still loading the page from yesterday! Wow! I'm glad I bought my copy last night. I was hesitant... but this is a Goldsmith/Dante collaboration so it's really was a no brainer!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    popcorn ............ slant

throws popcorn away rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0

Seems to be a difference of opinion
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I can't afford it anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    From "Doug's Corner" at Intrada.

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.I/id.1 … egory=-102

9/6/11

ATTENTION! POLICY ALERT!!...

EXPLORERS is already just about sold out! We're not happy to see people get left out of such an exciting release. So we're arranging to quickly re-press an additional batch, enabling more people a chance to purchase the CD. So...

Effective immediately, Intrada plans on tweaking our limited edition model to have the quantity of CDs be more reflective of the demand. Golly!

The AFM historic rates policy remains in effect so these will, by definition, have a cap at 10,000 in any case. But our concern right now is avoiding sell-outs in 24 hours... or in this case, even less than that!!

We'll still produce limited editions, per se. If you folks love the title, we'll make enough to get around. BUT... there's always a but... the caveat will be that if you people have little interest in something we release (and we have plenty of limited editions that misfire) then we'll quickly drop that title from our active catalog and move on. As such, you may still need to make something of a quick decision on less obvious projects. Otherwise, you might check back in a few weeks to get a lowball item and it'll be gone. So we're going to keep some pressure on folks to prioritize. Our goal isn't to mothball the idea of limited editions. It's to avoid having people left out within the first day or two of release. When a limited edition sells really well, we'll make enough to meet your demand. When it slows down, we'll do the same. And if it just stalls, we'll cut it loose. YOU people get to be in charge!!

Bottom line. This is an experiment on our part to help get all of you folks who support this music a chance to get the releases you want. It's a window. It can't stay open for long, we still have licensing and AFM rules to play by. But it will allow us to make enough copies to meet your demands without overstocking... which would just sink our ship. And people who love to speculate will stay have a place in the strategy: we all will be guessing what the demand is on many titles anyway. If we're stuck with more copies than we'd like on something right off the bat... we'll delete it. And speculators may come out ahead. Personally, I'm saddened to see a title sell out instantly. Sure, I love the income. It's my livelihood. But I don't love seeing people lose out. So here's hoping this new limited edition policy at Intrada will help put you guys in the driver's seat on quantities.

This policy has no effect - obviously - on titles in which we are fortunate enough to control long-term licenses. Things like that will be in our catalog for the long haul: SILVERADO, TOMBSTONE, FIRST BLOOD, PATTON, ALIEN, THE WIND AND THE LION and so forth. We try to keep them around for generations, so to speak. Anyway, this is a dramatic change for the limited edition model we helped establish in the marketplace but perhaps we all may come out winners!

This goes without saying, I suppose, but this policy is an experiment. If it turns out that a lot of you folks buy titles like this JUST because they are limited, irregardless of the music, then we'll admit we shot ourselves in the foot. We'll put bandages on and follow your lead. Like I said, we're just trying right now to let YOU have some control. We understand that without you... there is no we.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. I think this "new model" is good as it sometimes feels like that if you are away from the computer for a few days then there is a chance of missing something you really want. There is the murky download option once something goes so you won't go without, but it is good to see Intrada being able to have some flexibility in order to let as many people get the music - and make some additional income.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sensible.

I ordered it, though am a little sceptical as to whether it will really improve on the old album (which I love).
  2. So you should love that too?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Well... depends whether the 45 new minutes are as good as the 30 old ones!
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    My mistake... my cache was still loading the page from yesterday! Wow! I'm glad I bought my copy last night. I was hesitant... but this is a Goldsmith/Dante collaboration so it's really was a no brainer!

-Erik-

3000 copies in not even 24 hours shows how many people still yearn for that good old 80's sound
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bravo to Intrada, very sensible move.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

3000 copies in not even 24 hours shows how many people still yearn for that good old 80's sound

I think it rather shows how big Goldsmith is in certain fan circles.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2011 edited
    A thread like this at FSM would be into 100's of pages by now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    A thread like this at FSM would be into 100's of pages by now.

1000's, probably.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    And I wouldn't even have had a chance to start it. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2011
    Still can't afford it
  4. Thor wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I think it rather shows how big Goldsmith is in certain fan circles.

it shows above all this: people rather want an expanded quality score from a score they already have, than a score from today that they don't have.

Quality, they simply want quality. And Goldsmith is quality you just can't forget
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Not quite sure I share that sentiment myself, but it may of course be what certain people feel.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. I think that a significant number of units sold are multiple CD purchases by people wanting to make some money on eBay, etc. And also, there are the number sold to people who feel they need to buy now or they would miss it.

I think these two factors must be significant, otherwise Intrada would not be modifying their "limited edition" strategy.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeah as well!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I think that a significant number of units sold are multiple CD purchases by people wanting to make some money on eBay, etc. And also, there are the number sold to people who feel they need to buy now or they would miss it.

I think these two factors must be significant, otherwise Intrada would not be modifying their "limited edition" strategy.

That's true, but the 'collector mentality' that you describe is almost never as present as it is in relation to Goldsmith releases, so again we're back to that.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. It will be interesting to see how these next releases go.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2011
    Very true with Goldsmith.
    Tom
  7. Are the next special releases a couple of sub-par Goldsmith titles? It will be interesting to see how they shift if they are. Also, how did City of Fear sell? Having Goldsmith's name on the cover doesn't make it an automatic seller.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    La La Land is releasing Sleeping With The Enemy and Forever Young. I had a listen to both original albums a few days ago and I was surprised how much I liked them especially Forever Young which is has this wonderful romantic/adventure flair about it! Sleeping With The Enemy is Goldsmith in 90's suspense mode. I'm really looking forward to the Forever Young release! Some excellent action material to be found in that score!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorjohnbijl
    To be fair, these are scores I hope won't go in the first 24 hours -- or the first weeks for that matter. I'm not thát fond of both original albums (perhaps I should re-listen them too) so they're not on top of my buying list. I would like to hear some experiences from you guys first before I pull out my wallet.

Speaking of expanded Goldsmith: how's Bad Girls?
    Nothing is as loud as silence - Miklós Rózsa
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Here's a good review of BAD GIRLS
    http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=1651#more-1651

-Erik-