• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Update from LLLR at their Facebook page:

Now that we are winding down the year I thought I would give you all a heads up on our remaining schedule for 2012

Oct 23 -- we only have 1 Limited edition title coming out on this date. I'll let you know what it is on Tuesday

Nov 6 - we had hoped to have a very cool title come out this day, but we are still waiting for final artwork approval to happen. We'll see.

In the meantime, we definitely will have an awesome smaller title come on this day

Nov 23 -- Black Friday -- You all know Trek is supposed to be out, but we also have 3 other titles to announce this day as well.

Dec 18 - A last minute entry? It's looking like we will have a release to a big film coming out just in time for the film's release. Stay Tuned

Our offices will then be closed Dec 24 to Jan 4 for the holiday season. We will reopen on Jan 7, 2013.

We plan to have our first batch of titles for 2013 come out on Jan 15, 2013 at 1 pm pst

We'll see how it all goes. lol
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. I forgot to post this, but after, but a few days ago Perserverance Records re-issued (and remastered) the old "Witches of Eastwick" CD. In the FSM thread, LLLR replied on this:

We tried, but WEA gave it to Perserverance then apologized to us (forgot we asked for it when the license was with Collector's Choice). Sorry guys. Maybe in a few years time a complete release will happen. In the mean time pick this up. It's only $13 and will sound better than previous releases.

MV

And this exchange:

JB Fan:

Well, now I'm waiting for Definite version from LLL!

No, buy this version first so it will sell out fast. Then, we can do ours.

MV
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2012
    The original album is a massively superior listening experience to the complete score.
  3. This was posted at FSM in regards to "Wyatt Earp" and LLLR:

Sorry if there's already a thread about this but in the interview with JNH in this month's FSM Online there's mention of this score coming out next year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Coming out? It's been out for AGES....a long and wellrounded album too.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It is. It could do with a bit of trimming I think, but it's a decent album.
  4. Thor wrote

Isn't that a bit of an oxi moron? Yes, we already know the old OST was out. For years, in fact, so it stands to reason we are talking about -- as we have been for a decade now -- about newly expanded & remastered editions, especially from LLLR, whose output has been 99% expanded/complete releases.
  5. Next up from LLLR:

Coming next Tuesday, Oct 23 from LA-LA LAND RECORDS

WIZARDS
    MUSIC BY ANDREW BELLING
    LLLCD 1223
    LIMITED EDITION OF 2000 UNITS

PRODUCED BY NICK REDMAN AND FORD A. THAXTON
    MASTERED BY JAMES NELSON AT DIGITAL OUTLAND
    LINER NOTES BY RANDALL LARSON
    ART DIRECTION BY MARK BANNING

Making its world premiere release in any form, La-La Land Records and 20th Century Fox are proud to announce the release of Ralph Bakshi’s WIZARDS. Back in 1977, two similar, but very different films were coming out from Fox – “WIZARD WARS” and a little film known as “STAR WARS”. As a favor to Lucas, Bakshi dropped the “WARS” part from his title and released his animated epic a few months before Lucas’ now classic space opera. This animated cult classic has since gone on to fascinate and entertain all those who have watched this truly unique film. One of the greatest contributions to this film, is the amazing score by Andrew Belling. Lyrical, experimental, jazz and rock n’ roll infused music permeate the politically charged fantasy film about two dueling Wizards and the fascist take over of this magical realm.

This world premiere soundtrack (PRESENTED in MONO) represents the primary components of the Wizards score as it was recorded. Some musical elements were not found – most significantly being the main title music (A delicate, synth-choral melody running 1:22 plays over the brief opening titles and regrettably was not used elsewhere in the score). Aside from that, the other missing tracks are mostly very brief transition cues running only a few seconds or, in a few cases, as much as a minute. However, several unused cues have survived and are included on this cd. All of the extent tracks have been carefully remastered by James Nelson of Digital Output with input from the composer. Liner notes by Randall Larson include exclusive quotes by filmmaker Ralph Bakshi and composer Andrew Belling. Gorgeous artwork by Mark Banning and the inclusion of the never before heard FULL VERSION of TIME WILL TELL performed by Susan Anton highlight this fantastic release!

This cd goes on sale Next TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2012 at 1 pm pst

See y’all next week!

Forgot to add that the first 100 or so units purchased through our website will receive a signed boooklet by Andrew Belling at no extra charge

MV
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2012 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    Thor wrote

Isn't that a bit of an oxi moron? Yes, we already know the old OST was out. For years, in fact, so it stands to reason we are talking about -- as we have been for a decade now -- about newly expanded & remastered editions, especially from LLLR, whose output has been 99% expanded/complete releases.

From the responses I've been reading, no...it doesn't seem like people know an old OST is out. They DO know, of course, but it's as if it's being conveniently ignored; as if it magically evaporates and didn't exist in the first place now that this is coming up. That's a bit annoying to me, whenever that happens.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Of course it's being completely ignored ... because they're talking about an UPCOMING LA LA LAND RECORDS release.

Sometimes these old, non expanded arguements don't work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    justin boggan wrote
    Of course it's being completely ignored ... because they're talking about an UPCOMING LA LA LAND RECORDS release.

Presented as if it's the first-ever release of the score (I'm referring to the FSM thread).
    I am extremely serious.
  7. The next Varese Sarabande CD Club will hit October 22nd. I predict amongst the batch: a complete "Star Trek: Nemesis".
  8. The next Kritzerland title has been guessed.

Why, if it were The Geisha Boy by one of my favorite underrated film composers, why if it were the very first CD release of a Golden Age Jerry Lewis title, why I'd be dancing a jig and eating sushi - especially because The Geisha Boy is one of Walter Scharf's best scores, filled with gorgeous melodies. A surprisingly deep score for a Jerry Lewis comedy, with moments of great beauty and pathos, as well as the fun stuff. Oh, yes, I'd be dancing a jig.
  9. Update on the ST:TOS box set:

We'll be making an announcement shortly. We are still crossing "t's" and dotting "i's" on some really exciting stuff and want make sure everything is ready for a full scale launch of this out of this world release

Rest assured, things are still on track for the Holidays.

Thanks

MV
  10. Little news tidbits:

Kritzerland will have an Alex North score sometime in the near future.

As things stand, no Bill Conti from LLLR for the rest of 2012.
    Also, aside from potentially ST:D.S.9. in January/February next year, NO Trek releases from any label until after the new JJTrek is out.

New Digitmovies releases for November 6th
    (I copied & pasted here, so not a lot of info):

CDDM220 Il figlio di Cleopatra - Coriolano eroe senza patria - Carlo Rustichelli
    CDDM222 L'Immoralità - Ennio Morricone
    CDDM224 L'uomo più velenoso del cobra - Stelvio Cipriani
    CDDM225 La vendetta di Lady Morgan - Piero Umiliani
  11. New Quartet Records CD's (five, one a LP)
    http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0
  12. One new La La Land Records CD coming:

MAN ON A MISSION
    MUSIC BY BRIAN SATTERWHITE AND JOHN CONSTANT
    LLLCD 1235
    LIMITED EDITION OF 500 UNITS
    RETAIL PRICE: $15.98

PRODUCED BY BRIAN SATTERWHITE
    MASTERED BY JAMES NELSON AT DIGITAL OUTLAND
    ART DIRECTION BY DAVID C. FEIN

MAN ON A MISSION is a behind-the-scenes journey with video game legend, Richard Garriott, in his quest to become the first second-generation astronaut, from making his fortune to spending it ($30 million!) to reach the International Space Station via Russian rocket. From secret training in Moscow, to a rumbling launch from Kazakhstan, to 12 glorious days onboard the ISS, the adventure is captivating. And for the first time ever, a camera is rolling in the capsule during the fiery return to earth. Owen Garriott, his astronaut father, is there to greet him, welcoming us all to the next generation of human space travel.

Satterwhite’s and Constant’s soaring score is the perfect companion to this fascinating documentary. Notes by the film’s composer and the filmmaker’s take the listener deep into the scoring experience as David Fein’s art direction shed some light on this in depth documentary score.

Sound clips and cover will be posted when the cd goes on sale Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 1 pm pst

Also on that day we will have TEN (10) different cds go on sale for just $10 each! It will be the last sale we do to celebrate our 10 year Anniversary as a label so make sure to take advantage of those insane deals!
    See y’all back here on Nov 6 at 1 pm pst

You can hear six cues at Satterwhite's site:
    http://www.nuancemusic.com/blog/ (on the right, scroll down a little bit)

I guess all the "soaring" cues were by Constant, 'cause they're not on this site. IT's like some next generation poor Blue Man Group immitation.
  13. A new double-header from KRitzerland:

14. New Chelsea Rialto Studios release:

I guess MainTitles is just a worn out old shoe; nobody wants to come here to make announcements except the PR lady.
  15. Are we the niche group in an already niche group?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2012
    It's ok, you are our own old lady smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2012 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    I guess MainTitles is just a worn out old shoe; nobody wants to come here to make announcements except the PR lady.

I invite them all here, but there is not much effort. We're also quite small, so I can understand.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Why bring them all here? Do we want to become a clone of fsm? Our community is something entirely different Justin, not an fsm-wannabe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've tried to invite a few good ones over here as well, but they just won't come (or don't have the time to frequent more boards). I guess it's all about 'comfort zones' and all that. I think we could benefit from a few good FSM posters (not the bad ones, obviously) to up the activity here a bit.
    I am extremely serious.
  16. Demetris wrote
    Why bring them all here? Do we want to become a clone of fsm? Our community is something entirely different Justin, not an fsm-wannabe.

No, but it would be nice if say, LLLR, or Kritzerland, felt like communicating over here. How many active film score boards are there, anyway? Probably four. Then infrequently active ones, then nearly dead ones, and "It's dead, Jim" ones.

And we aren't that different, we are, after all, made up mostly of members of the main active boards.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2012
    If they choose to ignore a business opportunity, or if their 'limited to 500 CDs" editions sell out to an all-FSM crew, then surely that's their business. Clearly they make money enough limiting themselves this way. Good for them.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Demetris wrote

There might be some people who have no clue about FSM?
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  17. An online film score fan without at least one FSM CD, is a scary film score fan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    rolleyes
  18. I tend to agree with Justin about the FSM CD ownership point. A fan of "film music" in general would surely have at least one of the selection they have to offer?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn