• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009
    We didn't mention gimp because the gimp is sleeping.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

He, he...by the way, I think it worked like charm, Erik. Thanks again!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

He, he...by the way, I think it worked like charm, Erik. Thanks again!

Anytime!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009
    Erik the pro!!!!!!!!
    listen to more classical music!
  1. I'm looking for an alternative to Photoshop - there's just so much on it that I don't use that I want a leaner program.

I've reviewed the comments here and I've been looking into Paint.net, however, I notice that it needs ".NET Framework 3.5 SP1". What is this and why do I need to download it to run the program?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2009
    It's a Microsoft framework platform thingy which interconnects various stuff in the pc, you can download it freely and no worries, it's totally safe and in the later version of windows it's already integrated.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm looking for an alternative to Photoshop - there's just so much on it that I don't use that I want a leaner program.

I've reviewed the comments here and I've been looking into Paint.net, however, I notice that it needs ".NET Framework 3.5 SP1". What is this and why do I need to download it to run the program?

Do you have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, Alan
    Thomas
  2. sdtom wrote
    Do you have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, Alan
    Thomas

I have the full-blown version of Photoshop, so there's lots of functionality that I never use (nor even know what it does!)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Check out the simple version basic version called Elements. I found it to be far less intimidating.
    Thomas
  3. sdtom wrote
    Check out the simple version basic version called Elements. I found it to be far less intimidating.
    Thomas

Cheers, Tom. I use Elements at work. I may switch to that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009
    Alan, I found it pretty easy to navigate around in it. I purchased a book on it which proved to be helpful.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009 edited
    I'm looking for a photo of various soundtrack covers in a montage, OR, better yet, a way to make one myself....you know, kinda like this...only with soundtracks.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009
    Nevermind this query now. I just found the perfect program for this.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Will we get to see the result?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yes! It's for an upcoming montages.no article. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009 edited
    Thor wrote
    Nevermind this query now. I just found the perfect program for this.

And... which program is it?

I used to do the montages of cd covers for the Guess the Score games. If I remember right, I wrote a HTML file that reads in the images named as the matrix location it should go in. Simple, home-made solution but if there's a program out there that does it, then I'd like to know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    http://www.shapecollage.com/
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It is a pleasure to be working with Photoshop again after a week with Picassa. I know Picassa is free and maybe in time I might get use to it but I'm comfortable with Photoshop.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009
    I couldn't think of where else to put this?

After rifling through my loft I came across some VHS tapes containing approx 18 hours of footage from my trip to Nepal back in 1999, unfortunately I don't have the master cassettes from the original video camera so my question is, does anyone here know anything about transfering this lot onto disc?

Any advice welcome thanks. wave
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Find a local video house to convert it for you. You know those places that will convert your old 8mm film to DVD... those same places will archive your VHS collection as well.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, i agree with Erik. You can try and do it yourself but it will cost you more, time and effort.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Not to mention disk space and computing power!
    I've done a bit, and it's quite labour and time intensive. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009 edited
    I have lots of VHS goodies too (for example various taped appareances on TV from when I was a "celebrity" a couple of years ago), and always wondered if I could do the transfer myself. You know, by hooking my ol' VHS directly to the PC and press "play" or something. biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    AAAARGH!!! I suck so bad in working with photos!

Now I need the SIMPLEST of SIMPLEST task - namely putting two pictures next to each other, adjust them so that they're the same size and save it as ONE image. But I can't seem to get it done neither in paint.net or Microsoft Picture Manager.

I feel like a bloody caveman here! crazy
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thank you for the advice guys smile

After Martijn's experience I'll take Erik's advice and check out prices here in my city for getting this lot transfered.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    AAAARGH!!! I suck so bad in working with photos!

Now I need the SIMPLEST of SIMPLEST task - namely putting two pictures next to each other, adjust them so that they're the same size and save it as ONE image. But I can't seem to get it done neither in paint.net or Microsoft Picture Manager.

I feel like a bloody caveman here! crazy

What exactly do you need done? How big are the original files and how big do you need the finished product to be?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    http://www.wired.com/gadgets/gadgetrevi … D_machines

I've had no problem with the Pinnacle unit.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    http://www.wired.com/gadgets/gadgetrevi … D_machines

I've had no problem with the Pinnacle unit.
    Thomas

Thanks, Tom.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    What exactly do you need done? How big are the original files and how big do you need the finished product to be?

-Erik-

Well, size is not that important (but hopefully not much more than 1 MB). I need to put two images next to each other, and then save it as one image. That's it, really.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009 edited
    Thor,
    Just look at the image properties of each pic and find their sizes. Decide what size you want them to be. Resize them separately to the required size. Open canvas and insert the pics. Flatten (if your have more than 1 layer) and crop. Save. Enjoy!