• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2011
    SHERLOCK HOLMES : a game of shadows

cd cover and first info:
    http://scoremagacine.blogspot.com/2011/ … me-of.html
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I disagree too. I don't have a problem with jordi and i know he is passionate and I appreciate him a lot. What I don't like it's the fact that the photo ismn Facebook and he doesn't want to share it with us and privacy came up as a term as well. But all n all I want to stress that it's ultimately his decision and his material, he can do whatever he wants and I will respect it.

Also, Pawel. To be fair, I interacted with Hans in 2006 soncinemad as organizing committee member and I can too say he is not comfortable With the public at all.

I've met quite a lot of celebs, some of them are arse-holes ( Keith Allen, who I delight in tormenting year after year at Glastonbury ) and some of them are a delight to be around, Ronnie Wood of The Rolling Stones, Rick Wakeman of YES, I'm happy to say that most of them are fine.

Of film composers I've met, John Barry didn't seem overly comfortable but he was friendly, the same for John Williams. For Ennio Morricone it seemed to be a great effort and yet, Michael Nyman whom I'd heard negative reports about before hand was a delight, very friendly talkative and approachable.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote
    I'm sure I mentioned before that Mel & I were backstage at Glastonbury and I recognised Phil Hartnoll from Orbital, asked him for a picture and he said "sure" so I handed him the camera, he looked a bit bemused while Mel & I posed for him.

See, I have form in this area biggrin wink

That is why you are a legend, Timmer.

Holy crap!

Peter punk
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2011
    Track List of "Sherlock Holmes 2":

1. I See Everything
    2. That Is My Curse (Shadows - Part 1)
    3. Tick Tock (Shadows - Part 2)
    4. Chess (Shadows - Part 3)
    5. It's So Overt It's Covert
    6. Romanian Wind
    7. Did You Kill My Wife?
    8. He's All Me Me Me
    9. The Mycroft Suite
    10. Don Giovanni A Cenar Teco - Schörg, Regina / Skovhus, Bo / Renato Girolami / Nicolaus Esterhazy Sinfonia / Hungarian Radio Chorus, Hungarian Radio C
    11. Two Mules For Sister Sara - Movie Screen Orchestra
    12. Die Forelle - Bostridge, Ian / Drake, Julius
    13. Zu Viele Füchse Für Euch Hänsel
    14. The Red Book
    15. Moral Insanity
    16. Memories Of Sherlock
    17. The End?
    18. Romani Holiday (Antonius Remix)
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2011
    Exclusive First Listen of "Sherlock Holmes 2" over at CinemaMusica:

http://www.cinemamusica.de/1696/sherloc … em-streich

Enjoy!!
  1. The sound sounds like they raised the pitch higher.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2011
    It's official. Hans lost it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    Hmm. I thought I didn't like the last one much--at least as an album, it worked very well in the film, but I really don't like the samples for this one. Half of it sounds like ambling soloist improv sessions. The other half sounds like Hans synth orchestra from 10 years ago. I did like "The End?" alright, but it's basically identical to a track on the first album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2011 edited
    Several Morricone references again (for instance the harmonica thing in the first track is an obvious homage to Once upon a time in the west), and even an actual Morricone composition on the album.

Anyway, I didn't enjoy the first Sherlock Holmes score very much, and this one sounds less interesting judging from the samples.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorKri1985
    Im enjoying those clips but im rather looking forward to hear the action tracks at full length. I prefer the old synth sound of Zimmer, so im glad to find those here. The variations of the previous themes with new arrangements also sound like fun . Though I can agree with those people who didnt drop down their jaw from Sherlock Holmes score...i appreciated it as a score for the movie but it never really was a "love affair" to me and its definately not among my favourites from Zimmer. My anticipation rather goes for the The Dark Knight Rises.
  2. http://collider.com/hans-zimmer-dark-kn … ew/130271/

This is interesting:

Do you read film reviews and online reports about the movies you work on?

ZIMMER: I read it. My character is flawed, and I read it and suffer terribly when people don’t like what I do, or misunderstand it, but I learn things from it. Every and any conversation you have about the thing that you’re most interested in – which in my case, happens to be the movies I’m working on – might not be a novel conversation, but somebody’s point of view does make me think about things.
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2HunQtpP7E

Piano cover of Inception.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2011
    KevinSmith wrote
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2HunQtpP7E

Piano cover of Inception.

Very well done. It's not that tricky to play, technically, but it's quite tricky to get RIGHT.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2011
    Hans told me that he take slovakian people in a bus...I thought he was kidding.
    But he wasn't

SH2 making off the music.

http://www.aol.com/video/sherlock-holme … ce=message
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Love it, love it, love it!! Great video! applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Oh...and this about Zimmer and Oscar.
    http://filmmusicreporter.com/2011/12/08 … my-awards/
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Bregje wrote
    Love it, love it, love it!! Great video! applause

Not everyone is on facebook, right? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, it's a fantastic video. Always great to see composers "out of their element", so to speak.

I thought about Elfman, for some reason. Not only because he's a big fan of gypsye music too (evident in scores such as EDWARD SCISSORHANDS or THE WOLFMAN), but because he spent one year in his late teens hiking around Africa, exploring various forms of tribal music and percussion which he later used in his film scores.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Really? That's cool! spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2011 edited
    Well, I just enjoyed the article and videos below so very much. Isn't it great he goes there to totally experience authentic gypsy music and collaborate with the musicians??
    bhangra

The Sherlock Holmes 2 Soundtrack comes out Tuesday, and the story behind it is thousands of miles in the making: http://huff.to/hzholmes

•  
      CommentAuthorKri1985
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2011
    How come none speaks about the score already?;-) Honestly my impression is not the best but i was not the fan of the first score either. I liked it but that was all. From this one the only interesting material is the Shadows suite (Part 1,2,3). The rest is generic gipsy music. IMHO. Not to talk about that 6 minute long remix (Yes that long!!), which is an absolute nonsense again.
  4. I have had a listen to the new Sherlock Holmes score and I don't like it at all. There's far too much gypsy music for my tastes. This style is such a strong one in terms of tempo, instrumentation, etc that I quickly took a dislike to it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorKri1985
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2011
    I agree with you..though i would not say i dont like it at all but it definately wont be among my favourites. As i mentioned above the only worthy tracks to me are Shadows (part 1 2 3 ). Maybe" to the Opera too"..interesting to hear the opera mixed with Zimmer style.Yes..gipsy music is too much especially for me..its soo common here in Hungary!I guess they used it so much because of the character of Noomi Rapace but..this score could have been a way better.
    • CommentAuthorBlu
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2011
    For now I prefer the original much better. Too much random randomness in the sequel score. But the "Tick Tock" cue, especially from the 2:47 mark all the way to the 2-minute mark of "Chess", is great. It is like a "Peacemaker" dish, seasoned with low-key cellos of Pirates 2's "Kraken", the Blackbeard motif from Pirates 4, and the sharp-sounding brass segments of Gladiator! Totally crazy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2011
    Blu wrote
    For now I prefer the original much better. Too much random randomness in the sequel score. But the "Tick Tock" cue, especially from the 2:47 mark all the way to the 2-minute mark of "Chess", is great. It is like a "Peacemaker" dish, seasoned with low-key cellos of Pirates 2's "Kraken", the Blackbeard motif from Pirates 4, and the sharp-sounding brass segments of Gladiator! Totally crazy!

Same here. The 3-part Shadows suite is the best part of the whole album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2011
    lp wrote
    Blu wrote

Same here. The 3-part Shadows suite is the best part of the whole album.

Yes, but still lacks some inventive orchestrations and solists integrated on it that made the first score so great.
    Maybe Zimmer wanted something darker, or maybe he wanted the solists have his "own" moments in the "Romani" tracks...I don't know.

It has his moments. and in the right mood you can enjoy the whole album. But the first score was not just fun, it was a really mature and constructed score.

Anyway, How you said, if you like Zimmer action music you can't resist to enjoy "tick tock". wink)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKri1985
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2011
    Jordi, I have read Clemmensen's review on filmtracks..though i don think this score is good but it deserves more than one star ..i would give a solid 3 since its average or the worse 2 and a half. But not one . He is just beiing biased again hanging in POTC 4.
  5. A new article is coming up. Just adding final touches to my recording session report from Sherlock Holmes 2: Game of Shadows.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorKri1985
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2011
    I'm curious about that report!!You will publish on this site?
  6. Nope. Links will be given here though.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website