• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Anthony wrote
    The only Flight Simulator game I've played was 1998.

I have the 2004 one, though I haven't played it for three or four years.

If you got a computer to handle it, see FSX. You'll be stunned.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Back in the day I would make a flight from one continent to another, in real-time. That shows you how obsessed I was with Flight Simulator. Ah the lovely memory of static unanimated one-coloured oceans is a cherished one! That and looking like crazy around the cockpit for enemy patrols... biggrin

Anthony wrote
    Oh you know you'd rather just have these. cool tongue

Where did you get those? I must have em... they look awesome!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Anthony wrote
    The only Flight Simulator game I've played was 1998.

I have the 2004 one, though I haven't played it for three or four years.

If you got a computer to handle it, see FSX. You'll be stunned.

Cool! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008 edited
    I play GTAIV continuously on PS3 (that's it until tomorrow when i'll be at the butchery biggrin )and it's mindblowing! Can't wait for it to get released on PC!
  2. Huh? Will you just go through it again on PC? More importantly will your machine be strong enough to follow the console's power?

Personally I do not see myself play it on two different platforms. These types of games are meant to be played on a big screen TV and without major technical hassles, which the PC version WILL suffer from...
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008
    Well, i play it on my brother's alias, on his ps3, just for a while. When i get back home, i want to start playing it on my own profile from the beginning.

I don't think my pc at 4 processors (intel core 2 quad) at 3.2 ghz each, 4 gigabytes of ram and an Nvidia geForce 8800 gt with a possibility of 3 simultaneously working nvidia cards via SLi is going to have any problems with it wink
  3. OMG, can you photograph your setup? biggrin

What software needs THAT equipment?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't think my pc at 4 processors (intel core 2 quad) at 3.2 ghz each, 4 gigabytes of ram and an Nvidia geForce 8800 gt with a possibility of 3 simultaneously working nvidia cards via SLi is going to have any problems with it wink

Wow! I need to get something along those lines too! wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    OMG, can you photograph your setup? biggrin

What software needs THAT equipment?

FSX does, and even more rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Has anyone played Company of Heroes, is it good? A friend has it so I'm considering whether to get it or not. The screenshots sure look good... lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    DemonStar wrote
    Has anyone played Company of Heroes, is it good? A friend has it so I'm considering whether to get it or not. The screenshots sure look good... lick

Play it ASAP!. One of the most addictive games I´ve played. Lots of action (as a strategy game is almost an arcade), nice score, and really fun to play. Highly recommended.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Marselus wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Play it ASAP!. One of the most addictive games I´ve played. Lots of action (as a strategy game is almost an arcade), nice score, and really fun to play. Highly recommended.

Thanks! beer
  4. Redneck Rampage...

A 1997 game (I can't believe it still works on my computer shocked ) !

One of the best video game I've ever had ! punk
  5. Oh I remember Redneck Rampage, I was a certified chicken-slayer back then hehehe...

How far we've come in terms of graphics: just now I'm going through Medal of Honor: Airborne

It looks like real-life war, gameplay is edge of the seat-stuff, the missions (all 6 of em) are cool!

One downside: it's over before you've really gotten into it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2008
    Redneck Rampage.....the shoot 'em up with the chickens??!?!??

OH MY GOD THAT GAME IS EPIC!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008 edited
    Still playing METAL GEAR SOLID 4 on the PS3.

This game is seriously wonderful. Gameplay is tuned to perfection and VERY satisfying. Just leading Snake through the wonderfully created environments is a joy and there's always multiple routes to take. And the ways to take on the enemy are equally brilliant, you go the stealthy way and make silent kills or just put them to sleep, or you equip one of the tons of machine guns (all superb virtual copies of the real thing btw) and just pull the trigger. Hey you can even use Playboy magazine (nudity not included) to increase your stamina meter or to lure the enemy so they can keep themselves busy while you go around them.

The story is the usual bits of incomprehensible techno-babble we've come to expect from the series, but luckily there's lots of room for character development, which is again of the highest standard. I dare you not to feel for these virtual people as their backstories all intertwine and lead to something truly satisfying. But I yet have to see how satisfying. The cutscenes are Hollywood action film quality. If you've seen any of the trailers you know the quality I'm talking about.

This game just oozes quality and perfection out of its very pores. To play something like this in high definition is truly what the fans have been waiting for. It's gameplay is breathtaking, its graphical flair is jawdropping, its story is insanely complex but emotionally satisfying. In short: a newborn classic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008
    Got my hands on Spore Creature Creator. This is more like a pre-release of a portion of the retail game that's set to hit stores later in September but it's highly entertaining on its own. The tool allows you to create your own "creatures" and when I say create it means you do it like a god, the way you want from head to toe, customize it with colors, skins, and all that stuff. Totally wicked.

Read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spore_Creature_Creator
    It's available for free download from the game's website. Trial version of course.

Looking forward to the final game now!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sylvos wrote
    Trial version of course.

You realise this isn't really a trial version and that the creature creator is out just so people can start making stuff before the games release right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Anthony wrote
    You realise this isn't really a trial version and that the creature creator is out just so people can start making stuff before the games release right?

The one that you can download for FREE is a TRIAL version bud. You only get 25% of the contents. Those who want the complete thing have to go out and buy the retail version of the tool for 10 bucks I heard. But since it'll be a part of the final game, I don't think it worth buying. I mean why buy the same thing twice?
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    Redneck Rampage.....the shoot 'em up with the chickens??!?!??

OH MY GOD THAT GAME IS EPIC!

Yeah !

THAT one !

"I'm gonna get you boy ! I'm GONNA GET YOU !!!!"

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
  7. Sylvos that reminds me of an old game called Creatures, where you had to hatch an egg into something out of the Muppets, and learn it tricks and let it grow into an adult thingy. The trick was to always guide it for good and punish it when it was doing something bad. But not teaching it what you should or not caring for it could result in the Creature crawling up in a corner and slowly dying. I was interested in playing that at the time, because of its originality but I lost track of it and never got to play it.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/win3x/creatures
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Interesting. Never heard of that one but what you wrote sounds like Black & White's creature training meets Spore creature creator. Well, sort of. biggrin
  8. Well yes, but this was released in a time when most games were still 2D, it looked like an interactive cartoon.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/vi … mp;id=6262
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2008
    Sylvos wrote
    Anthony wrote

The one that you can download for FREE is a TRIAL version bud. You only get 25% of the contents. Those who want the complete thing have to go out and buy the retail version of the tool for 10 bucks I heard. But since it'll be a part of the final game, I don't think it worth buying. I mean why buy the same thing twice?

So there's the TRIAL VERSION and the CREATURE CREATOR?? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote

There is the trial and retail version of Creature Creator only. Trial version is available to download for free from developer's website where you only get 25% of the contents, retail version is available to buy where you get all contents. Spore itself will hit stores later this year.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2008
    Sylvos wrote
    Anthony wrote

There is the trail and retail version of Creature Creator only. Trial version is available to download for free from developer's website where you only get 25% of the contents, retail version is available to buy where you get all contents. Spore itself will hit stores later this year.

Aargh, they lied about the creature creator being free. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2008
    I´m just playing Legend - Hand of God (PC) and all I can say is I´m addicted! punk
    A Diablo-esque role playing game with nice graphics, a good score and the most important thing for me with this kinda games: simple and easy to use menus regarding magic and actions you can do with your character!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Any news on GTAIV on PC yet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Christodoulides wrote
    Any news on GTAIV on PC yet?

It's officially announced a couple of days ago. It'll be coming to Europe on November 21, three days after the North American release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sweet!