• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2010
    Chrome
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    is...?
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ....the best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    ok biggrin
  1. Since our new computers I've reverted back to Opera. I find the experience more enjoyable somehow compared to Chrome. But I do have Chrome installed and I give it a try out every now and again.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivZ0zhcZtOI

I'm not a firefox user, but anyone tried this?

http://www.destroytheweb.net/index.php

lol

P.S. I eventually came back to Safari from Chrome...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Very happy with Chrome
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am really curious as to why people who've tried chrome move onto other browsers. It's the best browser out there, in all aspects. Glad you liked it Tom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am really curious as to why people who've tried chrome move onto other browsers. It's the best browser out there, in all aspects. Glad you liked it Tom.

I haven't moved over to Chrome because I have a pile of plug-ins that I use daily on Firefox. Firefox is working just fine for me so I don't see the need for a change. Plus, didn't Chrome has some privacy issues?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not from what i know. If it's fast with you, it's ok. Are you on MacOs? 'Cause in windows, it's getting very very slow to load and heavy, during the last versions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Mac OSX... yes! As for privacy issues - back in 2008 there was this.
    http://coderrr.wordpress.com/2008/09/03 … you-think/

Not sure if all of this was resolved but it was the major reason why I didn't switch over.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nah, firefox has been also accused of such stuff from time to time. In Macosx, it runs good, but on windows it lags terribly version by version ,it's getting really heavy, and annoying, especially if you load it with plugins.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Still on Firefox, for its many useful plugins, as Erik mentions. Works good for me, but I agree that it is slow to ... launch. Otherwise I have no problems. I'm on Firefox 4 beta 9 now. Good improvements over FF3. Final version should be released soon.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    On chrome, you click on it, instant pop up. I can't wait for the browser to load forever. Plus it crashes all the times in windows if you have lots of plugins.
  2. Bregt constantly harassed me to use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, and so far I have to agree on him by saying it's the better if not the best one I'm using.

so Thank you God wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2011
    Use Chrome too and then we talk smile
  3. It's funny, I really like Chrome but very rarely use it now. I went back to Opera mainly because I found it easier to use in the sense that all I wanted from a browser was easy to hand. I do have Chrome installed and I go back every now and again to see how it is.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bregt constantly harassed me to use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, and so far I have to agree on him by saying it's the better if not the best one I'm using.

so Thank you God wink

Bless you boy for making the transition. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2011 edited
    I switched back to Safari (on Mac), because Chrome sometimes fails to load stylesheets, and I still don't like the the bookmark manager...

There is still the problem I had with Safari (sometimes I have to wait for a few seconds seeing the "spinning beach ball" spin while switching tabs), but I found that it occurs less if I clear the web history every day...

But except those 2 problems, I liked Chrome overall so probably when I have a chance to use Windows next time I'll install Chrome smile
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    Use Chrome too and then we talk smile

ah man, changing again wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2011
    Facebook + google chrome = rockmelt (not worth it unless you're a facebook lunatic, and it's still a somewhat limited release, you have to get invited from someone who already has it). Anyway, the "big project" is a big meh it seems.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011 edited
    IE9 is out. Don't believe what it is saying about HTML5 though. IE9 handles about as much as Firefox/Chrome/Opera/... did two years ago. As usual. But yes, it's a step ahead, that's the least we could expect.

Don't mind the corny url:
    http://www.beautyoftheweb.com/#/download

Read why it is not a modern browser (for developers like me this is rather depressing and means lots of tweaks and hacks):
    http://people.mozilla.com/~prouget/ie9/
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    Why you post the download link then ? smile This is bullcrap from what i read around.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    For people who use IE8. For them to upgrade. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Bregt wrote
    For people who use IE8. For them to upgrade. wink

good point.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    And being the dumb ass I am this board sometime ago convinced me to switch from ie8 to chrome which I did. And being even dumber I like it.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Why are you a dumbass? Chrome is the best out there smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    for developers like me

What exactly are you developing, Bregt?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Breasts.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote
    for developers like me

What exactly are you developing, Bregt?

tongue

I'm a web developer, so I help on creating websites. I'm at the front-end side. I write HTML, CSS, lots of JavaSript and I need to deliver websites that look/work good in all browsers. With new and exciting technologies coming up (like CSS3 and HTML5) that supported by many browsers, but with still a minor market share, it's increasingly frustrating to support another (4 versions right now) limited browser. But it sure opens new possibilities and it certainly pushes us forward. Luckily, using libraries and frameworks that solve these problems for you, help a lot.

We also started with mobile applications, and I focus on browser applications. Very cool! While still very new, it's a whole new way of using the available screen, handling events, ... There's offline applications in the browser, there's geolocation, there's caching, ... But ... Windows Phone 7 delivers the crappiest browser of all new mobile platforms (IE9 is promised for the end of the year), but looking at the current rate of which Windows Phone 7 is going, it'll probably be reach a rather small market share.

Timmer wrote
    Breasts.

That too. I should start running again (and at least more).
    Kazoo