• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2008 edited
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Well, I meant that it would have been better if they kept the LP program, and not breaking that up into a C&C presentation and then telling us to re-arrange it BACK to that LP program if we wanted to.

Nooooooooooooo. I can't believe FSM gave us a choice to listen to it in it complete form or in the LP presentation. Choices! THOSE BASTARDS!!!

Well, it WOULD have been a choice if they'd actually presented both in the same package (a la THE FURY or GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD). I'm not interested in programming my CD player every time I pop it in. Nor should I be required to.

Where is the single tear emoticon?

Oh well, this will have to do.

cry

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    There was no force involved. The album put on weight of its own accord in the years since its heyday.

Well, I meant that it would have been better if they kept the LP program, and not breaking that up into a C&C presentation and then telling us to re-arrange it BACK to that LP program if we wanted to.

Nooooooooooooo. I can't believe FSM gave us a choice to listen to it in it complete form or in the LP presentation. Choices! THOSE BASTARDS!!!

-Erik-

I feel ya bro, terrible innit!? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2008
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, i don't agree in the way you think that people should not be excited about a release of LOST which contains A LOT OF GREAT NEW material, as heard by everyone, just because older, possibly better scores remained unreleased. What does one have to do with the other besides your personal wish list? Why should the two self-cancel each other?

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no desire for people to not be excited by Lost! It's just a "grumpy old man" thing, wishing people got just as excited by things we think are equally (or more) deserving. Heavy Metal is vintage music by one of film music's all-time-greats - now that is cause for celebration and several pages of adulation - that's all. Not trying to take anything away from Lost or those who are excited by the coming release.

Perfectly put James.

LOST shouldn't be an issue here and I'll take the blame for that.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Well, reading the comments here makes me wish I had heard more of the score beside Taarna's theme, which I have on two Silva compilations already. Not a big fan of Bernstein, I love his work on Ghostbusters and Saturn III, I will check it out eventually.

Sad the composer has never seen the day his work would be recognized like it is now. I prefer the old style of composing, and less the modern scores, as many here do apparently, so guess I need to get it at some point. fantasy, epic, and sweeping are all gold marks in my book.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. I'm away from my PC for a couple of a days and I go and miss the announcement of Bernstein's score for Heavy Metal!!

It's great news indeed - a score that fully deserves the love and attention that you get from FSM!! (Just think, if Lost - Season 3 were to have remained unreleased now we may have looked forward to a deluxe 2-CD set full of excellent liner notes and track-by-track analysis from FSM in 20 years!! What a wasted opportunity!)

This means, Tim, that you're now off the hook!! Many moons ago when you send me a copy of this score you promised to forward track titles. Do you remember? Well, you don't need to now.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. elenewton wrote
    Glad I didn't buy the bootleg for $38. I was looking at the bootleg yesterday and luckily I made the right decision.

Lucky escape!!

Has anyone noticed whether keeping an eye on the sudden appearance of "difficult-to-get" unreleased/bootleg scores on places such as eBay is linked to the subsequent announcement of official versions of these scores?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm away from my PC for a couple of a days and I go and miss the announcement of Bernstein's score for Heavy Metal!!

It's great news indeed - a score that fully deserves the love and attention that you get from FSM!! (Just think, if Lost - Season 3 were to have remained unreleased now we may have looked forward to a deluxe 2-CD set full of excellent liner notes and track-by-track analysis from FSM in 20 years!! What a wasted opportunity!)

This means, Tim, that you're now off the hook!! Many moons ago when you send me a copy of this score you promised to forward track titles. Do you remember? Well, you don't need to now.

I never sent you the track titles? Sorry about that! shame

The track titles on the boot were incomplete.

None of that matters anymore, the boot is now set to become a coffee coaster biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2008
    What does 'ack' mean?

Probably not acknowledgement?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2008
    Bregt wrote
    What does 'ack' mean?

Probably not acknowledgement?

At a guess maybe someone forgot to put T and R in front of it?

It would help if you quoted where this "ack" is o' jet lagged one? wink cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2009
    Combing "ACK" and Heavy Metal is of course that eighties' icon Bill The Cat, famous for playing electric tongue in fabled metal band Deathtöngue, rechristened to a more wholesome-sounding Billy And The Boingers after a particularly gruelling inquest by Tipper Gore.

It isn't often I miss the eighties, but Bloom County will do it for me...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2009
    So was it worth the spectacle?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What? The eighties?
    Not a bit of it, mate.
    We're all better out of 'em.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I loved the 80s. So few worries. The joys of being aged between 3 and 13.