• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009
    Innnit interesting how the "I'm so annoyed" thread is twice as long as the "I'mm so happy" thread?

A good whine I always find uplifting the spirit so much more than to share in someone's hyperbolic joy....especially on a cold grey day, with only a cranky boss to look forward to in a project nobody wants, with the coffee machines having been refilled with chemically enhanced caf-substitute as it's more cost efficient and your mp3 player accidentally having synced James Last's Greatest Hits On Accordeon.

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009 edited
    True. The complaining is endless!

You are all whiners! WHINERS!

;-) biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think you maybe meant to say "whiners" there, Bregt...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    I think you maybe meant to say "whiners" there, Bregt...

biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Martijn wrote
    with the coffee machines having been refilled with chemically enhanced caf-substitute as it's more cost efficient

If I ever have a job five days a week and they only have those kind of coffee machines, I'll bring my own coffee maker, that's for sure.

One school I work makes coffee the old fashioned way, you know, real coffee, but the other school is much bigger and they have a machine. Not so good that coffee...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote
    Martijn wrote
    with the coffee machines having been refilled with chemically enhanced caf-substitute as it's more cost efficient

If I ever have a job five days a week and they only have those kind of coffee machines, I'll bring my own coffee maker, that's for sure.

I did

The catering company is positively up in arms about it.
    Apparently I'm infringing on their franchise? confused

So now...
    ...I'm hiding it. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Martijn wrote
    So now...
    ...I'm hiding it. biggrin

Ha!
    Hiding the machine, OK. But that sound?? Must raise some eyebrowes?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I close the door.

So far, it's worked.
    I feel like a right rebel!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bregje wrote
    Martijn wrote

I bring in my own coffee. Save a fortune, and it's much nicer. It's the way to go!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm only allowed coffee in the morning so that pretty much ends that discussion for me. If I want to go to the local shop which I do on occasion I have to wait to have it.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009
    I only drink two cups of coffee in the morning. If I want another one I have a decaf.
    But I never drink coffee with my breakfast, always after breakfast, so on working days that would be at work.

Bregt, I want a coffee emoticon. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bregje wrote
    I only drink two cups of coffee in the morning. If I want another one I have a decaf.
    But I never drink coffee with my breakfast, always after breakfast, so on working days that would be at work.

I'm exactly the same! Only two caffeinated beverages per day. Either two coffees, or a coffee and a tea. In the afternoon, if I want any more then it's always decaf.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DECAF!?!?!? vomit
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    DECAF!?!?!? vomit

Well, you know me, with my ultra-healthy lifestyle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I don't like the taste of decaf as much as regular coffee but sometimes it's the best option, when I really want another coffee but I'm already kind of nervous!

I think it's funny how addictive coffee is even though I don't drink much. When I haven't had coffee before 11.00 I become really kranky! Or I have a headache...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know why people drink decaf; it's just that it doesn't make sense wink Why not drink 2 coffees and if you more go for an absolutely healthy clear green instead? Coffee is not coffee without caffeine. That's what i am saying smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    I know why people drink decaf; it's just that it doesn't make sense wink Why not drink 2 coffees and if you more go for an absolutely healthy clear green instead? Coffee is not coffee without caffeine. That's what i am saying smile

I just like the taste of coffee! Even decaf (but not so much). It's not like that vile creation "Diet Coke" whose relationship with proper Coke is so remote I'm amazed they get away with calling it the same thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Christodoulides wrote
    Why not drink 2 coffees and if you more go for an absolutely healthy clear green instead? Coffee is not coffee without caffeine.

Because I want something that tastes like coffee? I have tea when I want tea.
    That's after I'm done with the coffee. Which is now actually.
    lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, isn't it? To someone not into decaf, that stuff (the 2-3 times i've tried it) definitely doesn't taste like coffee at all, especially if by coffee you mean pure filter coffee without sugar or milk or espresso coffee, like i do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I drink black / pure coffee as well. Decaf tastes a little bit different and it's really only once in a while I drink decaf, but it's not that bad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009
    Hey I didn´t notice until now: Demetris has reached the 10.000 posts mark too! punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Congrats D beer

Not long before me n' youz rule the universe cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Congrats D beer

I think you already are.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Congrats D beer

You´ve been too lonely for too long at the top of the craziest posters Tim wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Congrats D beer

Aye, twas a lonely existence being the desolate one. And now another mortal has breached the great barrier into godhood let light shine throughout the multiverse.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Congrats D beer

Aye, twas a lonely existence being the desolate one. And now another mortal has breached the great barrier into godhood let light shine throughout the multiverse.

smile I couldn´t have explained it better (really, I couldn´t)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2009
    Before I had the stroke I use to drink up to a gallon of coffee per day. Well, it is a drug and I was addicted to it. The doctor put a stop to that. I have a little coffee in the morning, usually when I'm on this board. For a treat during the day I might have a coke but in the evening it is 7UP, water, or cocoa. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2009
    Gaining again on Demetris for the #1 killer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2009
    sdtom wrote
    Gaining again on Demetris for the #1 killer

If Hitchcock were still alive you'd be his #' 1 star Tom wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2009
    Cool!
    I'm member of the week again (with a MUCH better slogan this time!)

bhangra