• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Erik Woods wrote
    I don't understand. Why keep stats if you are just going to reset them? I know it's not a life altering thing but it's part of the fun of posting in a message board!

-Erik-

I completely agree, Erik.

What's the point of doing the stats in the first place if they're going to be changed/deleted?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010 edited
    I'd better make this clear.

I wanted to go back to zero posts, I asked Bregt and he made it so. It was my request and as the ball rolled Steven requested the same.

Nothing to be concerned about.

Maybe it's the mountaineer in me? Climb to the peak, go to the bottom and start all over again!? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I appreciate the history to it all. But, maybe it's the scientist in me preferring that the stats reflect what is actually happening.

As you say, it's no big deal.

I'd suggest just deleting the stats.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010
    What no stats and be like FSM. We can't agree with anything they do!!!!
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I appreciate the history to it all. But, maybe it's the scientist in me preferring that the stats reflect what is actually happening.

I have the same weird feeling about it too.
    It just isn't 'right' anymore now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Guys, what a fuss!

If Timmer and Steven don't want THEIR OWN stats counted anymore (remember: it was a request!), who are we to tell them they should?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010 edited
    I'm not saying they should. I am saying how I personally feel about it. Huge difference.

Plus, I'm not too serious about it. Just a feeling of "Oh... confused weird".
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Huge difference, indeed. smile
    (I was just addressing several different reactions in one reply)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I agree with Martijn on this one.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  3. Still it's fishy that all of sudden Bregt creeped in on the number 10 spot. I find all of this vaguely coincidental. slant

Conspiracy anyone?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    If the Top Ten Posters section is showing something other than the top ten posters then surely it should be removed? What's the point in it, now?
  4. The point of it right now is that there is no point to it. If anyone cares to elaborate on that point, be my guest.

What's the point of a babe-filled topic on a soundtrack forum?

None, but it's there nevertheless. And luckily so. cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I don't want to be part of a fake list, so please remove me too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    rolleyes dizzy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    It seems that we got jealous from the European crisis and we face our very own! rolleyes
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    If the Top Ten Posters section is showing something other than the top ten posters then surely it should be removed? What's the point in it, now?

It's not a top ten section: it's a Craziest forum posters section. All is still right with the world.
  5. Yes and the world is a little less crazy with the 2 biggest loons out of the picture. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote

It's not a top ten section: it's a Craziest forum posters section. All is still right with the world.

True - but it's still become pointless now. I know it was only ever a bit of fun in the first place, so no harm done.
  6. Southall wrote
    True - but it's still become pointless now. I know it was only ever a bit of fun in the first place, so no harm done.

Trying to put a positive spin on all of this: at least it's now one more section of the site I don't need to visit.
  7. At least one of us is going to have to keep an eye out for the moment Bregt is surpassed by current poster #11. But then it'll be D's turn to be reset. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote

Trying to put a positive spin on all of this: at least it's now one more section of the site I don't need to visit.

slant
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Southall wrote
    I don't want to be part of a fake list, so please remove me too.

I repeat my plea!
  8. Bregt wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote

slant

It's true though, Bregt. I'm finding less and less that interests me here. But that's my problem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    rolleyes

For people repeatedly stating it's no big deal, some sure are making a FUCKING BIG DEAL out of this.
  9. Martijn wrote
    rolleyes

For people repeatedly stating it's no big deal, some sure are making a FUCKING BIG DEAL out of this.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter. But, for me, it's just a symptom of how the site has been evolving.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Which is?

C'mon Alan. Don't leave us hanging.
    Criticising is easy from the sidelines! What needs to be improved then? WHat can YOU do to improve things (if you should want to)?
  10. Don't let a stupid thing like statistics (which is just more for fun in all honesty) affect the way you think about this board. We've got a good thing going here... I've never felt part of an internet website before like I do here. I may not be the biggest poster but I sure do like to hang around here, and no bloody statistic will affect my opinion on that. beer
  11. Martijn wrote
    Which is?

C'mon Alan. Don't leave us hanging.
    Criticising is easy from the sidelines! What needs to be improved then? WHat can YOU do to improve things (if you should want to)?

I'm off to watch Caprica - I'll be back.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I wasn't being facetious (should you think so)!
    It was quite a serious question!
    (Or is Caprica really starting? shame )
  12. Martijn wrote
    I wasn't being facetious (should you think so)!
    It was quite a serious question!
    (Or is Caprica really starting? shame )

I was "catching up" with Caprica on Sky2 (missed it last night).

I've PM'd you.