• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. It varies constantly because I have so little room on my iPod, but at the moment, as some posters here have noticed, I've been on a James Horner/John Williams/Thomas Newman binge lately. There's a little Alexandre Desplat in there for good measure though...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010 edited
    At this moment I only have a 512 MB iPod Shuffle, so I usually put some selected favorite tracks to listen on a train or at school. I like listening to fun, uplifting or loud short cues (and songs) with earphones, while I play quiet or long tracks at home.

The tracks on this top 25 list on iTunes are mostly the ones I usually keep on my iPod.
    (except The Closing of the Year, which I repeated for writing down the lyrics, and SST can't be on iPod Shuffle of course)

(1. StreamingSoundtracks.com)
    2. Homeland (Main Title) - Hans Zimmer - Spirit: Stallion Of The Cimarron
    (3. The Closing of the Year - The Musical Cast of Toys featuring Wendy and Lisa - Toys)
    4. Maestro - Hans Zimmer - The Holiday
    5. The Wind Of Time - Joe Hisaishi - Porco Rosso
    6. Yuushi Sassou - Hattori Takayuki - Shinsengumi!
    7. Fly Away Home - Mark Isham - Fly Away Home
    8. This Land - Hans Zimmer - The Lion King
    9. Bolt Transforms - John Powell - Bolt (Promo)
    10. That's How You Know - Amy Adams - Enchanted
    11. The Waterpark - John Powell - Ice Age: The Meltdown
    12. Cry - Hans Zimmer - The Holiday
    13. Driving Miss Daisy: Driving - Hans Zimmer - The Wings Of A Film: The Music Of Hans Zimmer
    14. Circle Of Life - Carmen Twillie and Lebo M - The Lion King
    15. Up Is Down - Hans Zimmer - Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End
    16. I Just Can't Wait To Be King - Jason Weaver with Rowan Atkinson and Laura Williams - The Lion King
    17. Ride The Dragon - Harry Gregson-Williams & John Powell - Shrek
    18. Madness ~Flight~ - Joe Hisaishi - Porco Rosso
    19. The Meltdown - John Powell - Ice Age: The Meltdown
    20. Kings of the Past - Hans Zimmer - The Lion King -Expanded Score-
    21. Spanglish - Hans Zimmer - Spanglish
    22. Welcome To The Claskys - Hans Zimmer - Spanglish
    23. End Titles - John Powell - Bolt (Promo)
    24. La Vida Con Objetivo - Pascal Gaigne - Dark Blue Almost Black
    25. Mini-Sloths Sing-a-Long - John Powell - Ice Age: The Meltdown

I know there are too many Z name and the lion thing tongue
    But I just ordered 160GB iPod Classic (along with a new MacBook cheesy ) so the list will change...
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010
    160GB is a lot of animation scores.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010 edited
    Even I can keep animated movie clips on new iPod bunny
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Miya wrote
    Even I can keep animated movie clips on new iPod bunny

Busa Simba, Busa Simba Yo!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    My music player has a capacity of around 2 GB. Here's the tracks I have currently in -

160 BPM - Angels & Demons
    Hero - Kung Fu Panda
    Sayuri's Theme - Memoirs Of A Geisha
    Why So Serious - The Dark Knight
    Main Titles - Hocus Pocus
    Truth & Reconciliation Suite - Halo
    Lagaan: Once Upon A Time In India (A.R Rahman)
    Riddle Of Steel/Riders Of Doom - Conan The Barbarian
    Tangiers - The Bourne Ultimatum
    The Kraken - PoTC: Dead Man's Chest
    Devoe's Revenge - The Peacemaker
    The Egg Travels - Dinosaur
    Mausam & Escape - Slumdog Millionaire
    Tai Lung Escapes - Kung Fu Panda
    Chant - Black Hawk Down
    Scooter Chase - Bolt (promo)
    Barry Flies Out - Bee Movie
    Will And Elizabeth - PoTC 1
    Raid On The Castle - Prince Caspian
    The End Of Our Island - Dinosaur
    Up Is Down - PoTC: At World's End
    A Building Panic - Titanic
    To The Roof - The Bourne Supremacy
    Budget Meeting - King Arthur
    Chariot Race - Prince Of Egypt (promo)
    Stone In My Heart - The Thin Red Line
    Raptors/Stand Together - Dinosaur
    Like A Dog Chasing Cars - The Dark Knight
    Sacred Pool Of Tears - Kung Fu Panda
    ...To Die For - The Lion King
    Arrival To Earth - Transformers
    The Sinking - Titanic
    Red Warrior - The Last Samurai
    Scherzo For Motorcycle And Orchestra - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    Hyenas - The Lion King
    Wheel Of Fortune - PoTC: Dead Man's Chest
    Paris Burning - Hunchback Of Notre Dame
    Jafar's Hour - Aladdin
    The Bridge - Kung Fu Panda
    The Way Of The Sword - The Last Samurai
    War - Pearl Harbor
    The Leviathan - Atlantis: The Lost Empire
    Return Of The Lion - Prince Caspian
    I Don't Think Now Is The Best Time - PoTC: At World's End
    Sanctuary! - Hunchback Of Notre Dame
    And He Shall Smite The Wicked - Hunchback Of Notre Dame
    Barbossa Is Hungry - PoTC 1
    One Day - PoTC: At World's End
    Chevaliers De Sangreal - The Da Vinci Code
    Jai Ho - Slumdog Millionaire
    Leave No Man Behind - Black Hawk Down
    This Land - The Lion King
    Run Free - Spirit: Stallion Of The Cimmaron
    Land That Plane - Bee Movie
    Panda Po - Kung Fu Panda[b]
    Battle - [b]Elizabeth: The Golden Age

King Of Pride Rock (complete film version) - The Lion King b**t
    The Ultimate War - Hook
    Navras - Matrix Revolutions
    The Sacking Of Troy - Troy (rejected)
    Cave Of Wonders - Aladdin
    End Titles - Bolt (promo)
    Dueling The Basilisk - HP and the Chamber Of Secrets
    The Battle - Aladdin
    The Incredits - The Incredibles
    Mischief Managed! - HP and the Prisoner Of Azkaban
    End Creditouilles - Ratatouille
    Going After Rourke - Atlantis: The Lost Empire
    Dogfight - Atlantis: The Lost Empire (promo)
    The Great Eatlon - Lady In The Water
    Just Do It - Atlantis: The Lost Empire
    52 Chachki Pickup - Up
    Afghanistan Theme 1 - Bose: The Forgotten Hero
    Myotis - Batman Begins
    Molossus - Batman Begins
    Desert Chase - Raiders Of The Lost Ark
    DuckTales suite
    Escape From Muntz Mountain - Up
    The Bridge Of Khazad Dum - Fellowship Of The Ring
    End Credits - Jurassic Park
    Head Towards The Animals - King Kong
    Tooth And Claw - King Kong
    Beauty Killed The Beast I-V - King Kong
    Main Titles - Spider-Man 2
    Twilight: New Moon main titles
    Jar Of Dirt - PoTC: Dead Man's Chest (unreleased track)
    The Battle - Gladiator
    Up With Credits - Up
    War - Avatar

I kept them at 192 bitrate so a lot could fit in. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010
    He, he...last time I participated in this thread, I only had a friggin' discman!

Now I have a classic 120 GB iPod that stores my ENTIRE CD collection (about 1000 CD's) in addition to some films and TV series stuff that I put on whenever I'm travelling. With that, I still only use about HALF of the capacity!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010
    I still don't own an mp3 player apart my lg phone but then again i don't really listen to that either, at least not as frequently as i would like. Listening to music from my studio speakers / mixer consoler and vinyl / cd's or even mp3 at the comfort and quiet conditions of my house can't even be compared with the crowded streets and buses where i find myself each day.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2010
    ^ Of course it can't but if you want be portable with your music then an iPod or any other MP3 device is a must!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    If you want to be portable, of course you're true!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. When's someone other than Apple (and excluding the poorly reviewed Archos options) going to sell a high-capacity mp3 player?
    crazy
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    If you want to be portable, of course you're true!

It's that the whole point of owning an MP3 player? confused

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'd love to be able to take my 5.1 system with me on my bike... but alas, I wouldn't advise trying it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    When's someone other than Apple (and excluding the poorly reviewed Archos options) going to sell a high-capacity mp3 player?
    crazy

Why not get an iPod?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    When I listen to film music it's always the CDs. So you can't really find film music on my mp3 player. But it's full of my favourite pop/rock songs that I listen while driving or traveling.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    When's someone other than Apple (and excluding the poorly reviewed Archos options) going to sell a high-capacity mp3 player?
    crazy

Why not get an iPod?

The absence of the concept of folders or support for this is extremely annoying.
    (I have several workarounds and tricks to emulate this functionality, but still...)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Come again?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2010 edited
    iPod (or iTunes) does not understand folders.
    Or better: it does not use a way of structuring that is inherent to container thinking (which is the basis for the folder format in any operating system).

Right now, I can't make a folder with subfolders of whatever organization I have, and search through that to find the organizational unit I want.
    I have to use playlists.
    And while you now can have playlist containers (i.e. a playlist of a series playlists), which is an improvement, it's still a hassle.

For example, I would love to have a folder Soundtracks with several organisational subfolders, which would help immensely in keeping track of 180 GB worth of tracks and albums!

One really important folder for me would be a subfolder called New, which would contain all the albums I have not yet listened to.

Now I have to fake that functionality by searching on my iPod on a specific genre I created named "New" which I assign to new albums I load unto my iPod.

I can't fix that with playlists, as playlists actually cannot contain albums.
    Only tracks, which is idiotic.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Steven wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    crazy

Why not get an iPod?

Martijn's comments above just adds to my reluctance to invest in an iPod.

Also, I may be mistaken but is using an iPod mean that your pretty much tied to iTunes as an interface between my tracks on my PC and the iPod itself. I like being able to choose between using something like MediaMonkey or WMP to move my tracks. I also have a sprinkling of wma files on my player and I think that I'd have to convert to mp3 for them to play on an iPod (not a hard thing to do but just a bit inconvenient).

And isn't iTunes a bit of a PC resource hog? Maybe when I upgrade my old PC I'd consider iTunes but at the moment I'm concerned that it would bring my PC to a standstill.

Thats a few reasons that come to mind immediately.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Also, I may be mistaken but is using an iPod mean that your pretty much tied to iTunes as an interface between my tracks on my PC and the iPod itself.

No, there's a couple of alternatives, the independently designed (and free!) Floola being the best by far.

I also have a sprinkling of wma files on my player and I think that I'd have to convert to mp3 for them to play on an iPod (not a hard thing to do but just a bit inconvenient).

Yup.
    iPod won't play WMA.

And isn't iTunes a bit of a PC resource hog?

It's an INSANE resource hog.
    Honestly. On a PC it's the epitome of poor programming (apparently it's a LOT better on an Apple).
    But it slows my system down to a crawl (and takes well over 15 minutes to start, but that has also to do with other factors: a HUGE library, connected on an external disk over the network. Which is no excuse, by the way.).
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2010 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Right now, I can't make a folder with subfolders of whatever organization I have, and search through that to find the organizational unit I want.
    I have to use playlists.
    And while you now can have playlist containers (i.e. a playlist of a series playlists), which is an improvement, it's still a hassle.

That's the whole point of playlist. I don't understand how what you discribe is any easier than creating a FOLDER called John Williams and then within that folder create PLAYLIST or SMART PLAYLISTS called Action Music, Tracks I Haven't Played, End Credit Suites, etc.

Martijn wrote
    For example, I would love to have a folder Soundtracks with several organisational subfolders, which would help immensely in keeping track of 180 GB worth of tracks and albums!

One really important folder for me would be a subfolder called New, which would contain all the albums I have not yet listened to.

Now I have to fake that functionality by searching on my iPod on a specific genre I created named "New" which I assign to new albums I load unto my iPod.

I can't fix that with playlists, as playlists actually cannot contain albums.
    Only tracks, which is idiotic.

Martijn... you CAN do this. Yes, you have to use playlists but by using SMART PLAYLISTS you can find all of the albums/tracks you haven't listened to. For instance in THIS EXAMPLE I have created a SMART PLAYLIST that looks for all of the new music I have uploaded in the past year and that I haven't played. Once the album or tracks are played they automatically disappear from this playlist. Here is how it look in FULL SCREEN MODE. You can add as many playlists and folders that you want. And on your iPod the playlists ARE oganized by ARTIST, then ALBUMS then TRACKS so it's easy to find the ALBUM that you want to play within in playlist.

Martijn wrote
    It's an INSANE resource hog.
    Honestly. On a PC it's the epitome of poor programming (apparently it's a LOT better on an Apple).
    But it slows my system down to a crawl (and takes well over 15 minutes to start, but that has also to do with other factors: a HUGE library, connected on an external disk over the network. Which is no excuse, by the way.).

15 MINUTES?!?!? Time to invest in a new computer!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Also, I may be mistaken but is using an iPod mean that your pretty much tied to iTunes as an interface between my tracks on my PC and the iPod itself. I like being able to choose between using something like MediaMonkey or WMP to move my tracks.

You can use Winamp wit the iPod HOWEVER iPod will not play APE or FLAC files. Only APPLE LOSSLESS files. And no, the iPod won't play wma files. Reencode them using MP3, AAC or APPLE LOSSLESS.

-Erik-
  4. Thanks guys.

I may at some point in the future go with an iPod - purely on a capacity level. And when I do I may look back and think about what all the fuss there was with my reluctance to go with an iPod.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    Martijn wrote
    I have to use playlists.

That's the whole point of playlist. I don't understand how what you discribe is any easier than creating a FOLDER called John Williams and then within that folder create PLAYLIST or SMART PLAYLISTS called Action Music, Tracks I Haven't Played, End Credit Suites, etc.

Because a folder can contain other folders (albums).
    And THAT is what I primarily need: something to hold selections that consist of albums.

Playlists are extremely useful for cross-folder compilations, but not for organisation.

[Martijn... you CAN do this. Yes, you have to use playlists but by using SMART PLAYLISTS you can find all of the albums/tracks you haven't listened to

No, you can find the TRACKS...but not albums.
    Check on your iPod: any playlist will only contain tracks, but not albums.
    It's such a simple and logical way of organising...I can't for the life of me understand why Apple never implemented it.

15 MINUTES?!?!? Time to invest in a new computer!

No, it's actually a known issue.
    When accessing very large libraries (mine is roughly 700 GB) over a network, validation of the library can take a loooooooong time (and of course I'm also running last.fm which is definitely NOT helping speed-wise, also a known problem. So it's partially my own fault. shame

But looking at the resource monitor, iTunes IS and remains a CPU killer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I've never had the need for sub-folders on my iPod. I'm just not that anal. tongue

But seriously, I get on perfectly fine with my 8GB iPod, but it really depends on what you want from it. I prefer the portability, the tough design and the easy-to-use-in-your-pocket-without-looking-at-it factors of it.

And iTunes is a CPU killer, true. But I'm so used to it, I'm reluctant to change to anything else... plus its features are very handy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    And on your iPod the playlists ARE oganized by ARTIST, then ALBUMS then TRACKS so it's easy to find the ALBUM that you want to play within in playlist.

Sorry, missed this earlier.
    Not sure how that works?
    When I look at the playlists on my iPod, I see the track title and the artist...but not the album. So I have no clue where an album begins or ends (and even then that is pretty unworkable with dozens of albums in one playlist).

But maybe I'm missing something?

(BTW: thanks for your input! Much appreciated! I know if there's something I've missed you're the one to point it out! beer )
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    I've never had the need for sub-folders on my iPod. I'm just not that anal. tongue

Your iPod is simply small enough to be manageable. Just you wait until you get a 160 GB one... smile

And iTunes is a CPU killer, true. But I'm so used to it, I'm reluctant to change to anything else... plus its features are very handy.

Sure. I'm not anti-iTunes per se.
    Otherwise I wouldn't use it at all, and I do. Regularly.
    It has loads of very nifty features and options, even if it is quite top-heavy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    And on your iPod the playlists ARE oganized by ARTIST, then ALBUMS then TRACKS so it's easy to find the ALBUM that you want to play within in playlist.

Sorry, missed this earlier.
    Not sure how that works?
    When I look at the playlists on my iPod, I see the track title and the artist...but not the album. So I have no clue where an album begins or ends (and even then that is pretty unworkable with dozens of albums in one playlist).

But maybe I'm missing something?

Actually, you're right! But I've never needed to see the ALBUMS separately in a playlist but I can see what you are getting at.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2010
    Asterix ... Talgorn
    Robotjox... Talgorn
    Inner Space - Goldsmith
    Alien Intrada album
    The Shadow - complete
    Padre Pio - Morricone
    Aliens deluxe
    Project X

and... lots of old skool erotic Morricone stuff. Very groofy and cool.

A bunch of Kitaro albums...
    Brain Sync Theta Waves audio - for Brain Power
    Brain Sync Theta Waves audio - Weight Loss (hehe)
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates