• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2011
    Another nice hot mug of tea for a cool SD morning
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I spent the last couple of nights in London, on Monday me and Mel and Sarah ( Sarah is the widow of my very good friend who died a couple years ago ) decided to be tourists for the day and went to The Tower of London because none of us had been there before, I love History and learnt a few things I didn't know such as the fact that it was considered a priviledge to be executed within the tower walls, the likes of Henry VIII's two wives who were executed were not for public spectacle.

The crown jewels were spectacular, I was seriously considering nicking them but was put off by three foot thick steel doors that weigh two and a half tonnes and an active military garrison stationed within the tower walls, if it weren't for these factors I'd have taken them and used the wealth to purchase some CD's.

He, he...about time you got that done! I've always considered being a tourist in my own city too sometimes, but never got around to it.

I remember visiting the Tower of London and the crown jewels in 1990 or 1991. We also got a special tour since my aunt and uncle (who we were visiting in Rotherhite) knew a beefeater. Funny guy too, I seem to remember! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    A what? Beafeater???
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt, clearly you're not much of a traveller...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2011 edited
    Bregt wrote
    A what? Beafeater???

someone who likes to look at the menu eat
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I spent the last couple of nights in London, on Monday me and Mel and Sarah ( Sarah is the widow of my very good friend who died a couple years ago ) decided to be tourists for the day and went to The Tower of London because none of us had been there before, I love History and learnt a few things I didn't know such as the fact that it was considered a priviledge to be executed within the tower walls, the likes of Henry VIII's two wives who were executed were not for public spectacle.

The crown jewels were spectacular, I was seriously considering nicking them but was put off by three foot thick steel doors that weigh two and a half tonnes and an active military garrison stationed within the tower walls, if it weren't for these factors I'd have taken them and used the wealth to purchase some CD's.

He, he...about time you got that done! I've always considered being a tourist in my own city too sometimes, but never got around to it.

I remember visiting the Tower of London and the crown jewels in 1990 or 1991. We also got a special tour since my aunt and uncle (who we were visiting in Rotherhite) knew a beefeater. Funny guy too, I seem to remember! smile

When it comes to history, arts, museums, shows, gigs etc etc London is quite probably the greatest city on Earth, I've spent nearly 3 years of my life there on-and-off and yet I've hardly been to see anything except the odd museum, gig etc.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    When you work there and have to deal with the traffic on a regular basis, 'greatest city on Earth' is not the first thing that comes to mind I can assure you. crazy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    When you work there and have to deal with the traffic on a regular basis, 'greatest city on Earth' is not the first thing that comes to mind I can assure you. crazy

It's easy to forget that "minor" detail, little old west country boy me gets completely cream crackered just spending a single day in the big city.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've mentioned before that we stay in Mel's Dad's flat in St. Johns Wood, it's just around the corner from Abbey Road and Sarah wanted to see the worlds most famous Zebra Crossing so we took her there, in the day time it's a circus, loads of people of all nationalities wanting their picture taken while crossing the road, it totally confuses the traffic which keeps stopping to let people cross but 99% of them are waiting for the traffic to disappear so they can get a clear shot....it's headscratching dizzy An American woman asked me if I knew where Paul McCartney lived, I said I didn't know because I couldn't think of a smart-alec reply.
  1. When I was by Abbey Road last year I didn't take an opportunity to take the famous Zebra Crossing picture. But the studio itself was a wonderful experience. Paartly, because of the place I went to, but also in huge part to who got me in in the first place.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Did you meet the legend?

George Martin. cool
  2. No, but I was in the creation.

Did you know that it was THIS George Martin who mixed and recorded Backdraft? Hans said that he called him about it and Martin said "Yeah, sure, when?" biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I think I have heard that before!?

Either way it's hardly a surprise, George Martin is a legend and a genius and has worked with everybody that is anybody.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    No, but I was in the creation.

Did you know that it was THIS George Martin who mixed and recorded Backdraft? Hans said that he called him about it and Martin said "Yeah, sure, when?" biggrin

Martin is actually a big Zimmer fan.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. He is? How do you know?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    First I ever heard of it?
  4. Hans definitely knows Martin from his time at AIR, which of course was George Martin's creation after The Beatles fell apart, but I never knew that he was a *fan* of Zimmer's.

I know Spielberg is though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He goes on about it in his excellent BBC music documentary from a few years ago, which I'm sure you've seen (also includes Brian Wilson, Paul McCartney and others).
    I am extremely serious.
  5. KevinSmith wrote
    Thomas reviewed Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie

so? I saw the movie when I was 15, I had a crush on the pink ranger wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    He goes on about it in his excellent BBC music documentary from a few years ago, which I'm sure you've seen (also includes Brian Wilson, Paul McCartney and others).

I expect he's worked with a lot of film composers, both Ron Goodwin and John Barry come to mind, he was good friends with Barry and talked to him for advice on scoring Live and Let Die.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2011
    I'm really getting use to having a nice hot mug of tea with sugar and lemon. Perhaps even the one cup of coffee can go at some point.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2011
    This is more like what made my week better: I finally went back to work on a day off to finish my work, instead of taking my work home with me!!

I teach only on Monday and Tuesday and those days are a bit too full to finish the other stuff as well, like preparing lessons. So I always took that work home with me. And since I'm not too disciplined I often had to do it on Sunday! Not relaxed at all...

So I decided weeks ago to go back to school on Wednesday or Thursday and leave it all there, but still I didn't. Last weekend I was even finishing it on Sunday evening, horrible and stressful. This week I did go back, on Wednesday, and it's wonderful!! I am at home without work, for four days!
    cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I will never take work home with me anymore, never! spin

What made my month or year better: we fixed our sound system.
    I had noticed that the sound wasn't OK anymore, it sounded all really flat and horrible, but we didn't know what was wrong. I was thinking, why doesn't it sound more like with the headphones?

So. We cleaned the sound system and the place where it stands, we tested the speakers and oh, oops, the subwoofer cable wasn't connected anymore... Ah! A lot better now!!! We also found the remote control back, so we can edit the sound.

Of course after the concert in Ghent, we had to test with Inception, which was uber-cool. dizzy
    It was a whoa-moment when that cable was connected again...

I can't believe I had been listening to such crappy sound for over a year probably.
  6. Haha! I would've noticed immediately something was wrong. Not having any kind of low frequencies in films is one my worst nightmares.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I did notice, but I just can't remember how long it had been like that... I'm glad it's fixed now. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    No smog to breathe
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    And a nice mug of tea. Really starting to enjoy this in the morning.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2011
    Tea is good. coffee You prefer black tea or also herbal tea?

I drink mostly red bush tea or green tea. Or camomille.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Green and camomile ate my favorites too !
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Lemon tea and mint tea for Teh Win!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn