• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2009 edited
    Head on over to the official site for Pixar's Up to hear what could very well be a bit of Michael Giacchino's score playing in the intro. At least... I hope it's Giacchino, 'cause it sounds great. cheesy
  1. Well, according to a post at MMUK from someone who was on the studio lot, recording on "Up" began last week.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2009 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    Well, according to a post at MMUK from someone who was on the studio lot, recording on "Up" began last week.

Really? Then you can disregard my above post. Hmmm... Does anyone know where the music in that intro is from, then? confused
  2. They could've posted a clip that long by now, couldn't they? It could be Giacchino's score by the sound of it....This coming from a guy with one Giacchino score...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2009
    Doesn't sound like Giacchino to me. Maybe from one of McNeely's Disney scores?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2009
    I don't know...it didn't literally "sound" like Giacchino, but it did sound like something he could write. If what Justin said was correct though then I highly doubt it was.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2009 edited
    I'm going to try my darned hardest to get this Giacchino site up today. I've got LOADS (everything) to do for the features section and I haven't got a contact e-mail set up, and most of the pages are still unfinished.

For now though all the discography is done at www.michaelgiacchinomusic.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2009
    I learned a new thing today... how to pronounce "Giacchino"! wink biggrin

Great site, Ant! I bet it'll be great!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Nice Anthony! punk
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ugh, I'm so low on motivation. I've spent ages on the discography section and now i've got this massive features bit to do. For the past month I've worked on it for about 5 minutes every weekend and then have just given up and listened to music instead. slant sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's looking good though Ant, stick in there!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    crazy

I'm forcing myself now!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I really like the "tilted" look of the CDs you incorporated.
    And the fact that you actually took the trouble of adding values to the CDs.
    It looks extremely pleasant and professional. One of the best pages in its genre I know.

Well done! Really well done! wine champagne
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2009 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    I learned a new thing today... how to pronounce "Giacchino"! wink biggrin

Great site, Ant! I bet it'll be great!

Ugh, I hope I pronounced it right when I did a short presentation about Lost in class...

EDIT: Darn.... I pronounced the "Jyah" part as "Gee-a"
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Right, I've done one sessions page now and I'm fairly happy with how it turned out (I've been struggling for days on how to do a decent layout). Thoughts?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Right, I've done one sessions page now and I'm fairly happy with how it turned out (I've been struggling for days on how to do a decent layout). Thoughts?

I like it, but maybe a bigger letter size?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

I like it, but maybe a bigger letter size?

I'll worry about stuff like that last. As long as layout is ok and is intuitive I'm happy. smile wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    And what about the revolving covers? It´s such a cool feature!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thank you, but aside from text size is there anything else that causes issue on the Turning Point feature page? I've slaved over that today I want to make sure people like before I go and do 20 more. tongue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    It is more than ok IMO. General information about the score, a link to photos and video of the sessions, details about the soundtrack and a lot of clips. You add the revolving cover and it´ll be perfect cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    But they're already on the discography page. Why do you think it should be on both? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Oh, my bad. I hadn´t noticed it yet shame
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2009
    Turning Point doesn't have a cover as it just comes in the DVD case with the game disc.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I won't add anything more to the site until it's near completion, but lets just say you are in for a treat with the features section. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    My wife and I are planning a trip to Virginia for my daughters graduation from College and we are going to swing by SAE in Linden , Geroge is going to hold a Star Trek and Lost Season 4 for me.

YES!! biggrin
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    and Ill give a trip report, Moonie desends on SAE.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote
    is there anything else that causes issue on the Turning Point feature page? I've slaved over that today I want to make sure people like before I go and do 20 more.

Excellent and intuitive lay-out, Anthony.
    If you add comparably wondefrful navigation bar at the bottom of every page, it's easily one of the best designed pages I've seen of its ilk. (Agree with the font size, btw: it's quite small, really).

Carry on with your good work, Sir!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Anthony you have been bookmarked. wink

Damn fine website you have there son. Layout is freezing cool! Artwork is smoking hot! Keep it up you big professional you!!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    If you're bookmarking anything make sure it's the main page - I'm probably going to change the addresses for everything else but that one will remain constant. smile wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ah-ha! The secret is out. How Giacchino does that crazy string writing in Lost. Way over my head. I think I'll leave it to the professionals. dizzy