• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. The Land Before Time.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009
    I wonder if there is a single example of a more pathetic set of lyrics written by a "professional"?

I mean...

Valley, mountain
    There is a fountain
    Washes our tears all away
    Words are swaying
    Someone is praying
    Please let us come home to stay

Priceless!
  2. lol

Will Jennings is DA MAN indeed.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Who cares when they're accompanied by such a gorgeous melody?

I'd rather have crappy lyrics, great melody than the other way around.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. Well, this is true, but sometimes lyrics are so funny.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Mummy, will i be like this too when i get married?

yes!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I wonder if there is a single example of a more pathetic set of lyrics written by a "professional"?

I mean...

Valley, mountain
    There is a fountain
    Washes our tears all away
    Words are swaying
    Someone is praying
    Please let us come home to stay

Priceless!

You wish! I'd want my money back.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    The official Avatar site is up, and does have what looks to be some cues from the score as background music. Sounds interesting, but for a James Cameron movie it just doesn't have that omph to it.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009
    Matt C wrote
    The official Avatar site is up, and does have what looks to be some cues from the score as background music. Sounds interesting, but for a James Cameron movie it just doesn't have that omph to it.

Cough... Cough!

You're a few days late to the party.

wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Damn, my order of Star Trek II at SAE is still pending. Maybe I'll have to shout his name...

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm curious to see if that approach works.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009
    And as you screamed that name the head of dispatch at SAE closed his eyes in voluptuous satisfaction!
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Heck, DreamTheater, you screamed so loud that last few exclamation marks are OUTSIDE the border of the thread!! shocked
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Yeah I noticed hahaha. punk

If any more glitches should appear you know who's to blame. shame

But I screamed as loud as I could. I just want that score dammit !!!!
  7. DreamTheater wrote
    Damn, my order of Star Trek II at SAE is still pending. Maybe I'll have to shout his name...

still pending?
    hmn, strange

and yet, you had to wait soooooooo long for this score, can't you wait a couple of weeks more?
    people today have no patience shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    But once the carrot has been dangled it makes all the difference.
  8. Timmer wrote
    But once the carrot has been dangled it makes all the difference.

hehe, that's true
  9. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Damn, my order of Star Trek II at SAE is still pending. Maybe I'll have to shout his name...

still pending?
    hmn, strange

and yet, you had to wait soooooooo long for this score, can't you wait a couple of weeks more?
    people today have no patience shame

I'm sure it's those 3 other scores I've ordered that's holding it back.

And my middle name is Patience, if you didn't know.
  10. Just finished watching the Avatar preview in the cinema. The footage looked great and looked nothing like a video game and ten times better than in the trailer. You really need to watch it in 3D in a cinema and not a small 2D trailer.

Unfortunately there was nothing of Horner's score in it. Just The Thin Red Line at the beginning at the speech to the soldiers and Apocalypto (Frog Darts e.g.) in the rest of the scenes.

I really looking forward to December now.

punk
  11. Trailer is on YouTube. The hype was ... REALLY hyped. This looked boring as hell, noticably CGI, and like some unintesresting summer action flick. Not ONE TINY ONCE of interest was peaked -- it was that bad.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  12. As I said above, the trailer only looks great in a 3D cinema...

People saying that trailer looks bad are probably the same that can judge a 90 minute score by listening to 3 ten seconds clips. This film is not overhyped. IMHO it had the best CGI I've seen so far.
  13. Actually, yes -- I can. I've been write about every film I've seen the trialer to, except two.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  14. justin boggan wrote
    Trailer is on YouTube. The hype was ... REALLY hyped. This looked boring as hell, noticably CGI, and like some unintesresting summer action flick. Not ONE TINY ONCE of interest was peaked -- it was that bad.

Well of course, watch it on Youtube and you're bound to be disappointed.

Download it in 720p, watch it through a PS3 on a big screen TV and it becomes something else.
  15. The size or sound qaulity has nothing to do with.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    The size or sound qaulity has nothing to do with.

Oh good lord how you are so wrong!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote

-Erik-

FACT ²
  16. justin boggan wrote

beg to differ, watch a movie on a normal screen with the TV speakers or watch it on a big screen TV with Dolby surround sound, and I'd think you'll think differently as how you want to experience your movies, trailers, games, whatever
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote

-Erik-

How i could miss this commentary with my flute around? shocked
  17. You mean you don't keep it down there? confused
  18. justin boggan wrote

.... says the man who won't listen to scores ripped at CD quality resolution. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    I absolutely loved the trailer and i can't wait to listen to the score; i am very confident we're in for a great score from Mr.JNH, again.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.