• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2009
    DemonStar wrote
    Sunil wrote
    I don't find any wrong with that. I enjoyed both Gladiator and Titanic with dialogues. By the way, dialogues are not stupid in these both CDs but brilliant. However, taste and admiration differs.

Good for you, but I find that technique far from brilliant. It might have dramatic impact, but if I want to listen to the music with dialogues and sound FX, I'll just rip the audio track from the DVD. And when I'm getting a soundtrack CD, I get it for the music, not for a blasted mix of miscellaneous film sounds. You might like it, but for me it just means there isn't a way to enjoy the isolated music alone. I hope that isn't the case with Avatar if there is a release like that.

Avatar doesn't have good dialogues but Gladiator does have good dialogues which enhances the score. That's why i like it. But ok Back to Titanic doesn't have any impressive dialogues.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    That's not my point. I don't care if the dialogue itself is impressive or not (they are, as a matter of fact, but in the film itself). I want to enjoy the MUSIC as a standalone musical track, and the dialogues obnoxiously popping up every minute prevent that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    The music in the two Rihno attacks (The first chasing jack and the second when the Rhino "Calvary" appears) sounds very nicholad Dood to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    There's a pretty obvious route to take if you want to hear the music and dialogue together - watch the film!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Southall wrote
    There's a pretty obvious route to take if you want to hear the music and dialogue together - watch the film!

Spot on!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote
    That's not my point. I don't care if the dialogue itself is impressive or not (they are, as a matter of fact, but in the film itself). I want to enjoy the MUSIC as a standalone musical track, and the dialogues obnoxiously popping up every minute prevent that.

Agreed. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Look on the bright side; there are an infinite amount of Yous that don't like it! biggrin

dizzy

There's a version of me that prefers Arnold over Barry, by choice he's weaker thsn me, poor chap!

Don't worry, infinity is a strange thing. There's probably more chance you'd come across a Timmer who prefers Barry even though there's infinite amount of both Timmers. dizzy (In theory of course. wink)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2009 edited
    DemonStar wrote

Film music as a standalone musical track?!? That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Really, really. What's that crazy about it?
  1. DemonStar wrote
    msi2 wrote
    Or even Braveheart if i remember. PLZ, no dialogues!

Indeed. Not to mention Hannibal and Apollo 13. slant

And the american release of Angela's Ashes. I still have that from day one, and strangely I don't want to get the dialogue-free version. Because I think Robert Carlyle's troubled voice over works very well with the dramatic music.

But on Back to Titanic and Apollo 13 it's just grating.

I would also prefer the Avatar expansion album to be devoid of dialogue. If I want to hear the characters talking I'll just watch the movie.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Marselus wrote
    Everything in its time. With the huge box office success (250 million in 12 days shocked ), I´m sure there´s gonna be a "more music" cd.

Oh, I'm sure there will be... on iTunes sad
  2. I'm still not sure we'll ever see a second Avatar release. Very, very few film scores ever received treatments like this. Titanic, Braveheart and Gladiator come to my mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DreamTheater wrote

But on Back to Titanic and Apollo 13 it's just grating.

I like the dialogue on the Apollo 13 album. The words "Launch Control this is Housten, we are go for launch" with Horner's music swelling in the background is an incredibly cinematic experience. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Antineutrino wrote
    I'm still not sure we'll ever see a second Avatar release. Very, very few film scores ever received treatments like this. Titanic, Braveheart and Gladiator come to my mind.

And Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean and The Dark Knight, in a way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    I like the dialogue on the Apollo 13 album. The words "Launch Control this is Housten, we are go for launch" with Horner's music swelling in the background is an incredibly cinematic experience. I wouldn't have it any other way.

vomit If I want the "cinematic experience" I'll watch the movie. Thank God for the Apollo 13 Academy Promo. Dialogue on soundtrack albums = FAIL!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    BobdH wrote

And Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean and The Dark Knight, in a way.

I'm so glad that you put this 3 scores together in the same sentence.... biggrin
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

vomit If I want the "cinematic experience" I'll watch the movie. Thank God for the Apollo 13 Academy Promo. Dialogue on soundtrack albums = FAIL!

-Erik-

Agreed on the promo, that's a definite keeper and how the score should have been released first time around.

I wonder, what's your stance on Angela's Ashes Erik? At one point I've been wanting to get the dialogue-free release but I've grown to like the US release, how weird that may sound.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

Well I like it.
  4. Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

Well I like it.

Well you're entitled to like it.

But mediocre is 3 stars DAMMIT !!!!! crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I dunno, one seems impressive enough to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DreamTheater wrote

But mediocre is 3 stars DAMMIT !!!!! crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Steven wrote
    I dunno, one seems impressive enough to me.

That's a prime example of one star that is blazing hot and utterly brilliant. shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

Well I like it.

You are not allowed to.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    I wonder, what's your stance on Angela's Ashes Erik? At one point I've been wanting to get the dialogue-free release but I've grown to like the US release, how weird that may sound.

When I got the Academy Promo (dialogue free) hearing "Back To America" without the dialogue was a Godsend. I much prefer the promo release.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010
    Sunil wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    I hope it'll be a "proper" CD filled with score and not the stupid dialogue mixes like Gladiator and Titanic.

I don't find any wrong with that. I enjoyed both Gladiator and Titanic with dialogues. By the way, dialogues are not stupid in these both CDs but brilliant. However, taste and admiration differs.

SERIOUSLY? It's the utter rape of music, ESPECIALLY as presented in those 2 CDs.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

Well I like it.

You are not allowed to.

-Erik-

Indeed. Cheesy dialog parts that aim on purely financial reasons that have to do with a movie's success, have no place in a music album, under any circumstances.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Film music as a standalone musical track?!? That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.

No, no. Not again, please.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote
    DemonStar wrote

No, no. Not again, please.

wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Sunil wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    I hope it'll be a "proper" CD filled with score and not the stupid dialogue mixes like Gladiator and Titanic.

SERIOUSLY? It's the utter rape of music, ESPECIALLY as presented in those 2 CDs.

Agreed. But dialogues worked really well in More Music from Gladiator. Honestly speaking, i don't know about others.
  5. Small Review update, it has also a review of a score I think nobody is interested in

- Balto
    - Battle Beyond the Stars / Humanoids from the Deep
    - A Beautiful Mind
    - Bicentennial Man

waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh