• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2008
    Martijn wrote
    What did you do to make him tell you to shut up, though?

(Oi, Jim! Don't mess wiv da guv 'round 'ere, right? Or we'll come 'round 'n' explain things to ya, right? And there'll be claret, right?)

You, sir, are a bounder and a cad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    And you, Sir, are from Bristol.
    It may remain a matter of conjecture for some time which one of us is the worse off.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. He lives IN Bristol, Hes not FROM there, theres a huge difference!!

(sorry Timmer smile)
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    In that case, Sir, he is a flounder and a cod!

(Hold on. There's something fishy about that...)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    And you, Sir, are from Bristol.
    It may remain a matter of conjecture for some time which one of us is the worse off.

YOU are! tongue

If you lived here we could drink copious amounts of Port in genuine pirate pubs while singing sea shanties cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    What did you do to make him tell you to shut up, though?

(Oi, Jim! Don't mess wiv da guv 'round 'ere, right? Or we'll come 'round 'n' explain things to ya, right? And there'll be claret, right?)

Jim hasn't got a strong London accent.

Did he lay it on thick for you Bregt? wink

As for Martijn, just watch it sunshine, I've marked yer card now lip it. angry wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobinson
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Robinson wrote
    I took a look at your pics from the meeting in Bristol and they are pretty nice. Bregt already told me you had a great time there together and I´m honestly very glad to hear that.
    It´s just a bit sad that I´m very far from you guys....
    Hope you have other meetings and enjoy the same or even more...

You are 'so out there' Robinson, love to see you but without lots of cash.....how? slant sad

Maybe one day...who knows Tim cheesy
    The most important thing is that you guys enjoyed it.... Good from you.
    Robinson
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Photos by Bregt are awesome, looks like you had a wonderful time, now i am REALLY in envy!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Love all the pictures.
    Looks like everyone had a great time.

I'm so damn sorry I missed it. slant
    Well. Can't be helped. Life's full with little disappointments. Onwards and upwards towards the next opportunity! punk
    (Greece still sounds good to me.
    Well. Better than ruddy Portsmouth, Steven. rolleyes )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    But...? But...?
    Aw. sad
  2. Martijn, right up to the last minute, some of us thought that you might have turned up in Bristol unannounced. But, alas, no.

I'll be in Malta for a few days in September for a conference. Maybe this would be a good "central" location instead of Greece? wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Some good shots of people having a good time. I enjoyed the pics and would have loved what was actually played from Goldsmith at the barbecue, some shots of people freaking out and dancing like crazy on Goldsmith's themes would've been sweet! biggrin

Thought I only know Bregt in person it was cool to see the people behind the legendary user names here.

Cheers! wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Some good shots of people having a good time. I enjoyed the pics and would have loved what was actually played from Goldsmith at the barbecue, some shots of people freaking out and dancing like crazy on Goldsmith's themes would've been sweet! biggrin

Thought I only know Bregt in person it was cool to see the people behind the legendary user names here.

Cheers! wink

It was a big mixture of tracks and we had fun guessing em.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Hey, nice pictures there!
    The next meeting could be in, I don´t know.... Barcelona maybe? tongue
    Seriously, I see you had a great time.....and a lot of beer (Alan is always suspiciously close to a BIG glass of beer! biggrin wink ). Oh, and it´s nice to put a face in some of the MT community.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  4. Timmer wrote

It was a big mixture of tracks and we had fun guessing em.

I see. Even more fun than guessing them would be discovering them.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2008
    Marselus wrote
    Hey, nice pictures there!
    The next meeting could be in, I don´t know.... Barcelona maybe? tongue
    Seriously, I see you had a great time.....and a lot of beer (Alan is always suspiciously close to a BIG glass of beer! biggrin wink ). Oh, and it´s nice to put a face in some of the MT community.

Barcelona? I've been twice and it's one of my favourite cities! punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Jim hasn't got a strong London accent.

I don't know what my accent is supposed to be! Having lived all over the place in the UK the origins of it are a little muddled.

Did he lay it on thick for you Bregt? wink

I think I was in the 'extra posh' mode which seems to come after a few drinks. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2008
    I wish we could have another drink right now! wave
    Really, it's a shame we left so soon on the sunday evening, but I always think of those things when I'm already back home...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, I generally do all my spontaneous planning a couple of days late as well. slant

Er, Yeah. Well, you know what I mean.

Next time, though, next time!
    punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Yeah, I generally do all my spontaneous planning a couple of days late as well. slant

Er, Yeah. Well, you know what I mean.

Next time, though, next time!
    punk

I missed you and I wasn't the only one considering those who'd met you before. cool
  5. Marselus wrote
    ...and a lot of beer (Alan is always suspiciously close to a BIG glass of beer! biggrin wink )...

shame

:hick:
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Marselus wrote
    ...and a lot of beer (Alan is always suspiciously close to a BIG glass of beer! biggrin wink )...

shame

:hick:

Hehe....I gotcha! wink tongue
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2008
    I'm trying home-mixed Desperados. When I find the right recipe I'll let you know, especially for UK people who can't buy Desperados. I tried with 7-up now but I don't like that stuff so it tastes too sweet for me.

I know we had a beer & wine topic on SR, do we have it now on MainTitles?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2008 edited
    Bregje wrote
    I'm trying home-mixed Desperados. When I find the right recipe I'll let you know, especially for UK people who can't buy Desperados. I tried with 7-up now but I don't like that stuff so it tastes too sweet for me.

I know we had a beer & wine topic on SR, do we have it now on MainTitles?

I don't think so? Why not do one Bregje!? smile

p.s. What's "desperados"?

EDITED TO ADD : Just spotted Martijn's new thread cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2008
    Ide love to meet you guys and that Doctor Who Prom is Fantastic!!

sd ")
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008 edited
    Allright, it's already two weeks ago. sad

Thanks Timmer for the pictures (that Mount Everest one was M.I.G.H.T.Y.!!), your stories and the free cd's. Gonna listen to them soon.

Thanks Alan for the first lunch and your happy smiles!

Thanks Bregje for travelling with me and of course the Dutch vs English translations now and then. Though, at one moment, Bregje and me were talking English to each other even when there were no Brits (and Scots) around us.

Thanks Jim for the cool insider stories and "Oh, shut up!"!

Thanks James for being a nice host of that cool BBQ, the freebie and your unexpected quiet but good fun.

Obviously thanks Tim for being the fantastic guide in Bath! I'm so glad I accepted your invitation.

And also a thank you to Tesco for letting me use their trolleys.

Great to have met you all.

Gonna unsticky this thread now, and it'll find its way to the dark rooms of MainTitles. I'm taking great memories with me. Lets hope we can create a new one soon! smile
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008 edited
    You are most welcome Bregt. I really enjoyed that weekend a lot and it would be great to do that again sometime in the future with you all and, hopefully, many others who couldn't make it for whatever reasons.

A different venue next time? I highly, pun intended, recommend Everest base camp wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    A different venue next time? I highly, pun intended, recommend Everset base camp wink

Yeah... rolleyes
    Do I look like Brian Blessed?

Oops. Pardon.
    BRIAN BLESSED?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    A different venue next time? I highly, pun intended, recommend Everset base camp wink

Yeah... rolleyes
    Do I look like Brian Blessed?

Oops. Pardon.
    BRIAN BLESSED?

biggrin

actually i'm just wondering where the fuck 'everset' base camp is? spin wink