• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2008 edited
    It is quite easy to find sad music, and whenever I feel down sad tracks tend to pull me down even futher. What I need then is something that starts out sad but then helps to let loose, get over it, and start anew with a fresh mind.

Try Mary goes to Jesus from John Debney´s The Passion of the Christ, with Resurrection right after that.

It got Jesus back on its feet, so it should work for you, as well. wink
  1. Years ago, when I felt alone (in my bedsit in Manchester) I'd want to listen to something that matched my mood - and there was nothing better than a good bout of The Smiths.

For me, it's music that matches my mood that seems to be the answer. But I don't think that I would hunt out a specific score for a sad or lonely mood. Tracks that do spring to mind when I'm low are the main titles from Jennifer 8 (and then "I Remember Red" when I'm down but there's light at the end of the tunnel) and the finale from 25th Hour.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2008
    'Brooks Was Here' from The Shawshank Redemption.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A Sick World / Warm Friends from Russell Garcia's THE TIME MACHINE

It contains 'Filby's theme', the sense of poignant loss is palpable ( all the more so as the Time Traveller knows what Filby's future fate will be ) in this lovely but sad piece of music which reprises a few times in the score.

The gloriously romantic Time Machine Theme itself has a sad aching nostalgia about it too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    'Brooks Was Here' from The Shawshank Redemption.

That and of course the end title piece. One of my favourite pieces of music EVER... hard not to swell up if you have it on loud and give it your full attention. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2008
    The worst kind of sadness is when feeling empty or depressed, because then I don't care about any music or books at all.

Sadness full of emotion is a good reason to listen to music. What I listen to depends on the moment. Most of the time they're old melancholic favourites. Like Amelie for instance.
  2. plindboe wrote
    Timmer wrote
    plindboe wrote
    When I'm sad I play this video. I end up disturbed and puzzled. But at least I've stopped being sad.

Peter smile

Surely you mean when you feel MAD! dizzy spin moon vomit sleep beer cool shocked biggrin wink cheesy

Oh, no! One shouldn't watch it while mad. It can be a deadly combination!!!

Peter dizzy

Look at vomit icon and the ZZZ one -- dear sweet merciful crap they are perfectly aligned!!! What? You don't see it? Allow me to tell you, then go look and see for yourself:

Vomit smiles when ZZZ opens his mouth big, but then ZZZ makes it smaller and Vomit looks disappointed, and down with the mouth, then gets ready with a mouth full of vomit and just as ZZZ opens his mouth, Vomit sprays -- like he's trying to vomit in ZZZ's mouth. Sick. biggrin
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2021
    I find that the only music I can play when I'm sad, is sad music. Upbeat, happy music just makes me angry and frustrated. I think it was Elfman who once said that "he's never happier than when he can write sad music". I can appreciate that.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. I think in general I choose to listen to my most favorite scores when I'm feeling down.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2021
    When I'm down, I always listen to sad music. That's normal isn't it?
  4. I guess it depends on if you want to dig into your sadness or to dig out of it.
  5. When I am sad I definitely listen to sad or 'dour' music. Something like The Smiths will be appropriate and can lift my spirits.

Film music on an album tends to be too variable. And I haven't really got into playlist creation.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn