• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009 edited
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Pizza - 2 x TRUE 2 x FALSE

Fish n' Chips - 3 x TRUE 1 x FALSE

I just noticed that this looked like an absurd math piece. What do you get if you substract 3 from Fish'n'Chips, multiplies it with true 1 and then multiplies it with false?

On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Todays special, TWO meals for the price of ONE lick wink

The traditional Italian PIZZA, as we know it with cheese & tomato topping and various meat or vegetables was invented not by the Italians but by the Greeks.

TRUE or FALSE ?

eat

The traditional English FISH & CHIPS was invented in the 19th century in the north of England, no one knows the precise origin of who actually first made it. A chip shop ( as they are commonly referred as ) was even mentioned in Charles Dickens Oliver Twist .

TRUE or FALSE ?

eat

bump
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Any last minute answers?

I'll keep this up until tomorrow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FALSE
    &
    TRUE
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    false

true

Me too!!!
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hmmmmm!???
  1. It's Tom's vote, that's what he means.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I know that!

I'm just saying Hmmmmm!???
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    He's actually humming The Lark Ascending smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    He's actually humming The Lark Ascending smile

biggrin beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Todays special, TWO meals for the price of ONE lick wink

The traditional Italian PIZZA, as we know it with cheese & tomato topping and various meat or vegetables was invented not by the Italians but by the Greeks.

TRUE or FALSE ?

eat

The traditional English FISH & CHIPS was invented in the 19th century in the north of England, no one knows the precise origin of who actually first made it. A chip shop ( as they are commonly referred as ) was even mentioned in Charles Dickens Oliver Twist .

TRUE or FALSE ?

eat

PIZZA

Well done everyone who said FALSE!

A type of pizza was invented by the Greeks long before the Italians consisting of a bread base with vegetables but Italian pizza 'as we know it' was indeed invented by the Italians who added a tomato base and cheese topping.

FISH & CHIPS

EVERYONE is CORRECT on this one because I messed up my wording of the question....sorry shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    PIZZA

Well done everyone who said FALSE!

A type of pizza was invented by the Greeks long before the Italians consisting of a bread base with vegetables but Italian pizza 'as we know it' was indeed invented by the Italians who added a tomato base and cheese topping.

Did they, though?
    I was pretty sure the "pizza as we know it" was an American invention (quite possibly by Italian Americans, but nevertheless). Much like noodles is, or the "Indonesian ricetable" is actually very Dutch.

Hmmmm...something to look into!

FISH & CHIPS
    EVERYONE is CORRECT on this one because I messed up my wording of the question....sorry shame

confused
    What did you mean to say then?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009 edited
    I think you may be right that it's American Italians, still, the question stands smile ( I should have said invented by Italians rather than the Italians )

On the Fish & Chips I meant to word it so the answer was also false, the Spanish fried fish in batter as far back as the 17th century and chips are Belgian but Fish and Chips is English. I've no idea whatsoever as to which part of England started this culinary delight though it may well be Northern.

It's TRUE that a chip shop is mentioned in Dickens Oliver Twist.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    MOBY

There can't be too many film music fans not familiar with at least a couple of this man's tracks on various albums ( the Bourne film scores come to mind ) and of course, the excellent, if well worn album Play but did you know Moby, who's real name is Richard Melville Hall got his nickname of 'Moby' due to his ancestral relationship to his great great great granduncle Herman Melville author of the classic MOBY DICK.

TRUE or FALSE ?

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    TRUE enough.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    TRUE
    I am extremely serious.
  2. TRUE
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I know what program you watched yesterday, Tim... wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009 edited
    You saw that I'm a secret Hollyoaks fan!???? shocked

Looks around TV room seeking hidden spy cameras

You're a bit of a 'know it all' really aintcha slant
  3. FALSE
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009
    Tim loves to keep us in suspense.
    Thomas
  4. sdtom wrote
    Tim loves to keep us in suspense.
    Thomas

I hope I can sleep tonight wink
  5. When do you plan on posting the answer?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tonight.
  6. Timmer wrote
    Tonight.

ahhh man, the suspense's killing me wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I really can't imagine how you handle it? Count pixels on an overenlarged photograph maybe!??
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009
    somehow I think I can wait this one out.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Really? Right, that's it! You'll have to wait till Saturday.

Be still your beating hearts
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Take another week if you want.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Okay, I will. tongue cool