• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2010 edited
    sdtom wrote
    Will we get the answer this month???????????????/

In a few minute even Tom, they don't call me quick for nothing. dizzy wink

in facvt they've never called me quick for anything
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    The South American country of VENEZUELA is named after the Italian city of Venice

TRUE or FALSE ?

biggrin

Well done Pawel and Stavi beer

The answer is TRUE!

VENEZUELA, Spanish for Little Venice after early European explorers saw the stilt like houses on Lake Maracaibo and it reminded them of Venice.

Bregje, you changed your mind at the last moment rolleyes sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2010
    Heh heh heh heh.
    "Welcome to my parlor", said the spider to the fly.

In FACT, the answer is likely FALSE, as the story above appears increasingly likely to be a romantic fabrication. A year after Columbus actually discovered the country, it was again visited by an expedition which was steered by navigator Amerigo Vespucci. In his work Summa de Geografía, Martín Fernández de Enciso, an actual member of that expedition, mentions that they found an indigenous population who called themselves the Veneciuela!
    This strongly suggests that the name "Venezuela" may well have evolved from that native word!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Come on!!! I was right and you prove me wrong!? shocked They steal my salary and no you take my happy right answer?! What's left for me I wonder? cry
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Eh... of course my response to Timmer was just a disguised TRUE/FALSE question in itself!
    And not only did you get Timmer's question right, you proved mine to be FALSE too, which is right!
    So you're DOUBLY right!

Yay!
    punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Eh... of course my response to Timmer was just a disguised TRUE/FALSE question in itself!
    And not only did you get Timmer's question right, you proved mine to be FALSE too, which is right!
    So you're DOUBLY right!

Yay!
    punk

bad Martijn, bad, bad, bad! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What? I'm trying to make someone feel a little better! Surely the truth can be ...adjusted a little bit for that?
  1. Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    The South American country of VENEZUELA is named after the Italian city of Venice

TRUE or FALSE ?

biggrin

Well done Pawel and Stavi beer

The answer is TRUE!

VENEZUELA, Spanish for Little Venice after early European explorers saw the stilt like houses on Lake Maracaibo and it reminded them of Venice.

Bregje, you changed your mind at the last moment rolleyes sad

I actually knew the answer. Right now I am taking a lecture about the geographical discoveries. smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Martijn wrote
    What? I'm trying to make someone feel a little better! Surely the truth can be ...adjusted a little bit for that?

Is that so??? Bad Martijn!!!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    "Truth", as has been exhaustively discussed in the science thread, is a very subjective, flexible commodity, and depends greatly on one's own point of view.

(And for my next trick, I'll quote scripture to fit my needs)
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Is that so??? I'm not buying! tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    On to another question
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2010
    I'm all for that Tom, maybe a question by someone who's user names aren't sdtom or Timmer?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010 edited
    Well whadda you know, I've come up with a new question and it's film music related.

JAMES BERNARD scored the Hammer film BRIDES OF DRACULA in 1960 but due to legal reasons Bernard's score couldn't be used in a later release and was re-scored by JOHN BARRY.

TRUE or FALSE ?

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010
    Yeah
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah

No

...True or False....simplez.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    true then smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm not a expert on Bernard but from what I remember he didn't do the score so false it is for me
    listen to more classical music!
  2. False.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. I've never heard mention of John Barry being associated with this film, so I'll go FALSE.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010
    FALSE. Just because I have no idea about anything Barry-related, and just go with the flow.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FALSE - 4

TRUE - 1
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Of COURSE it's TRUE!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin

FALSE - 4

TRUE - 2
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Well whadda you know, I've come up with a new question and it's film music related.

JAMES BERNARD scored the Hammer film BRIDES OF DRACULA in 1960 but due to legal reasons Bernard's score couldn't be used in a later release and was re-scored by JOHN BARRY.

TRUE or FALSE ?

biggrin

Final bump. I'll post answer tomorrow.

if Tom will believe that? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I cannot say it's not false.

tongue biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    But are you sure you cannot rescind the opposed inclination to negate the opposite of that very statement?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010 edited
    One cannot be sure to that question Martijn, even if we're applying false and irreversible statements. So you questions remains rather invalid to this negation of the question in se.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    I cannot say it's not false.

tongue biggrin

True OR False, Captain Cryptic.
  4. Timmer wrote
    True OR False, Captain Cryptic.

Captain Cryptic. Wasn't he one of the Whacky Racers? TRUE or FALSE! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn