• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorsmith720
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2008
    can anyone tell me who rips off morricone' s days of heaven score?
    the main theme sounds so similar to something else...just cant put my finger on it.
    any help? thanks
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I have the score but I can't think about the similarity without playing it ( Mel's in control again wink )

Question for Peter methinks?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Just listening to the (absolutely heartbreakingly beautiful and elegiac) main theme now, and I can't say it sounds at all familiar to anything else I might know.
    The beginning has some of the ethereal strings John Williams tends to emply in later scores, but the theme and its orchestration is very much and quite unmistakably Morricone.

So sorry, I'm not of much service I fear. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2008
    It is rather similar to Morricone's own theme for What Dreams May Come, but I don't suppose you mean that.
  1. Morricone interpolates Saint-Saens' 'The Swan' (from Carnival of the Animals) into 'Harvesting', one of the score tracks used most often in the film. We know this is intentional, because the Saint-Saens piece plays over the film titles, so Morricone was trying to extend the influence of that piece over the rest of the film.

The main theme of the score however doesn't particularly remind me of anything else. By main theme, I mean the 'love theme', which plays over the end credits.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2008
    smith720 wrote
    can anyone tell me who rips off morricone' s days of heaven score?
    the main theme sounds so similar to something else...just cant put my finger on it.
    any help? thanks

Sorry for the late reply. But Badalamenti rips off Morricone's "Days of heaven" in his "A very long Engagement". I'm confident that's the one you're thinking of as it's a very direct lift.

Peter smile
  2. Ah yes, it comes back to me now.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am