• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Saturday. Let me get back home first. wink smile

No!!!!! NOW!!!!!! crazy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2008 edited
    James McKee Smith

Blue Fly (Evolution)
    Cutie Pie (Evolution)
    Dino Valley (Evolution)
    Monitors Out (Evolution)
    The Bourne Identity (Duh)
    Chopper Chase - Face Off (The Italian Job)
    Escape To Paradise (Chicken Run)

Feel Like A Lady (Just Visiting)
    Andre Can't Ask (Just Visiting)
    Andre Asks To Stay (Just Visiting)

Dodging Bullets (Mr. & Mrs. Smith)
    The Church Of Magneto (X-Men)
    Battle For The Cure (X-Men)

John Ashton Thomas

The Van (Agent Cody Banks)
    The Lab (Agent Cody Banks)
    Mission Abolished... (Agent Cody Banks)
    Hero (Agent Cody Banks)
    Desert Foxes (Mr. & Mrs. Smith)
    Future Tense (Paycheck)
    St. Lupus Day (X-Men)
    Cure Wars (X-Men)

Geoff Zanelli

The Bar (Antz)

Steve Jablonsky

The Antz Marching Band (Antz)

Gavin Greenaway

Back To The Colony (Antz)
    Airport Chase (Face/Off)
    Castor Disarms The Bomb (Face/Off)
    Mikey's Grave - Sean Steals A Car (Face/Off)
    Refuge At Dietrichs (Face/Off)
    The Golden Guns (Face/Off)
    Face...Off (Face/Off)
    Attack On The Loft (Part 1) (Face/Off)
    Attack On The Loft (Part 2) (Face/Off)

The Chickens Are Revolting (Chicken Run)
    Escape To Paradise (Chicken Run)

Nick Glennie-Smith

Hallucination & Execution (Just Visiting)
    Thibault Sees Julia (Just Visiting)
    My Cousin, My Descendant (Just Visiting)
    So Many Descendants (Just Visiting)
    Kissing Cousins (Just Visiting)
    Another Visitor (Just Visiting)
    The Wizard Pulls Himself Together (Just Visiting)
    Thibault & The Wizard Return Home (Just Visiting)

Heitor Pereira

Sam's Friends (I Am Sam)
    Buying Shoes (I Am Sam)
    Kramer v Kramer (I Am Sam)

There. Now let us all bask in how little work John Powell actually does. tongue

Seriously though, a lot of these cues were CO-COMPOSED with John Powell - not written by the one person. The cues I've highlighted in red however are composed by the indivudual. Anything in blue is either co-composed, or I don't know! wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Gavin Greenaway

Airport Chase (Face/Off)
    Castor Disarms The Bomb (Face/Off)
    Mikey's Grave - Sean Steals A Car (Face/Off)
    Refuge At Dietrichs (Face/Off)
    The Golden Guns (Face/Off)
    Face...Off (Face/Off)
    Attack On The Loft (Part 1) (Face/Off)
    Attack On The Loft (Part 2) (Face/Off)

shocked
    Lots of action pieces written by Greenaway!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2008
    Yeah. John Powell did write alternates for a lot of those cues...but I'm not sure why Greenaway's were used instead (unless people thought they were better). dizzy
  1. For the Face/Off ones, I'm not so sure of this to be true...

It's not because someone added (Greenaway) to a bootleg that it's true... It reminds me of the Pearl Harbor bootlegs, with lots of names here and there without any confirmation... dizzy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    rolleyes

Mate, we've always known Greenaway wrote a fair amount of music for Face Off. Look on the back of the CD case. smile
  2. Question about Hancock, I loved the score in the film, I'll be getting the soundtrack now. But I really hated the fact they interrupted the great end credits for a final cut in the film, is this so abruptly as well on the score?

I'm assuming this is the track "The Moon and the Superhero" on the disc
    Is it as abrupted as in the film?

Ps, I didn't hear a lot of Hollywood Boulevard in the film (full of sound effects) but I surely enjoyed the action heroics in the bank heist sequence (but I don't see the music on the tracklisting), you're not gonna tell me this is not on the CD right?

Ps, Death and Transfirguration gave me emotional goosebumps like X-Men 3 did at the end, woohoo

Can somebody give me the positive news that the bank heist music is on it, and if the end credits are not abruptly finished?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2008 edited
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Question about Hancock, I loved the score in the film, I'll be getting the soundtrack now. But I really hated the fact they interrupted the great end credits for a final cut in the film, is this so abruptly as well on the score?

No, it's in full on the CD. I noticed this too. It cuts early in the final shot but resumes over the credits, only to cut again for that random mid-credits scene.

Ps, I didn't hear a lot of Hollywood Boulevard in the film (full of sound effects) but I surely enjoyed the action heroics in the bank heist sequence (but I don't see the music on the tracklisting), you're not gonna tell me this is not on the CD right?

The Superman knock-off music at the beginning of the scene isn't on the CD. The music when he's walking towards the injured officer is, but it's right at the end of The Moon And The Superhero. I Really Hate That Word is also from that scene, but it's nothing amazing.

And yeah, you can hardly hear Hollywood Blvd in the movie, plus it had several cuts and is slightly shorter!

Ps, Death and Transfirguration gave me emotional goosebumps like X-Men 3 did at the end, woohoo

Indeed, Death And Transfiguration is an excellent cue. I wish the guitar motif at the beginning was fleshed out more as it's excellent!
  3. Anthony wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Question about Hancock, I loved the score in the film, I'll be getting the soundtrack now. But I really hated the fact they interrupted the great end credits for a final cut in the film, is this so abruptly as well on the score?

No, it's in full on the CD. I noticed this too. It cuts early in the final shot but resumes over the credits, only to cut again for that random mid-credits scene.

The Superman knock-off music at the beginning of the scene isn't on the CD. The music when he's walking towards the injured officer is, but it's right at the end of The Moon And The Superhero. I Really Hate That Word is also from that scene, but it's nothing amazing.

And yeah, you can hardly hear Hollywood Blvd in the movie, plus it had several cuts and is slightly shorter!

Indeed, Death And Transfiguration is an excellent cue. I wish the guitar motif at the beginning was fleshed out more as it's excellent!

ok Anthony, thanks a lot! Now I really gonna pick up the CD
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008
    Confirmed:

ICE AGE: DAWN OF THE DINOSAURS

http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … saurs.html

mc
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Damn it! I got an e-mail an hour ago. Why couldn't I post this? tongue rolleyes

beer
  4. Anthony wrote
    Damn it! I got an e-mail an hour ago. Why couldn't I post this? tongue rolleyes

beer

Like it is important who posts first around here? tongue wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008 edited
    I think the good news here is that it's actually a movie that isn't out this year. Powell's workload must have been manic recently.

Edit: Oh, and the fact it will be the only other sequel score by him other than Supremacy and Ultimatum. smile
  5. Anthony wrote
    I think the good news here is that it's actually a movie that isn't out this year. Powell's workload must have been manic recently.

Edit: Oh, and the fact it will be the only other sequel score by him other than Supremacy and Ultimatum. smile

I'm already waiting for a great reprise of Mammoths ! biggrin
  6. Not so looking forward to Ice Age 3: perhaps it can surprise me the better that way
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Anthony wrote

I'm already waiting for a great reprise of Mammoths ! biggrin

Nah..it's Dinosaurs...we need something...

BIGGER

wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2008
    This isn't technically about Powell, but it's close enough to fit in here:

Paycheck DVD menu

Screencap from Splinter Cell Double Agent

In the mood for a lawsuit, anyone?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2008
    Saw a guy in the gym this evening who looked just like John Powell. So I started to listen to Paycheck on the treadmill.

Just thought I'd let you all know. sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ................thanks.

shocked rolleyes

wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    LSH wrote
    Saw a guy in the gym this evening who looked just like John Powell. So I started to listen to Paycheck on the treadmill.

Just thought I'd let you all know. sleep

Brilliant!
    I saw your name, thought of LSD and decided to get drunk!
    Thanks! wave

christmas_drunk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2008
    Short of saying 'Lol', that made me laugh! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2008
    Steven wrote
    Short of saying 'Lol', that made me laugh! biggrin

A unique way of saying LOL ( well, on this board ). Shit hot witty response Martijn biggrin cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008
    I think his animated are my favorite.s I'm really glad he's doing another one.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Another two. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus

Too much work. Powell should start being more selective IMO.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Pfft, this year clearly proved he can handle the workload (even though things like Stop Loss were recorded AAAAGES ago!). But then again, maybe you're right - less work is more in terms of quality? (Although I can't say that about last year).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Pfft, this year clearly proved he can handle the workload (even though things like Stop Loss were recorded AAAAGES ago!). But then again, maybe you're right - less work is more in terms of quality? (Although I can't say that about last year).

Sure, he seems to deal good with overwork, but I don´t know, not all years can be as good as the last one with so much work.
    Anyway, a new Powell score is a good new, but I´d prefer only a couple of good news per year regarding Powell.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

Sure, he seems to deal good with overwork, but I don´t know, not all years can be as good as the last one with so much work.
    Anyway, a new Powell score is a good new, but I´d prefer only a couple of good news per year regarding Powell.

Agreed, I'd prefer quality over quantity. This year has been nice as we've had LOADS, but quality wise it has just been average. I want another Powell 2003... wink
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    I really hope he and Hans Zimmer team up again if that Kung Fu Panda sequel is made. The first score is one of the better scores of 2008.