• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. moviescore wrote
    John Powell hired to score ‘Knight and Day’

http://moviescoremagazine.com/2010/01/j … t-and-day/

mc

well, the movie is right up his alley
    hopefully it is as fun like the movie seems to be in the trailer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthoradam
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2010
    "Building the Crate." Who's with me?
  2. I ain't building anything with anyone!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2010
    adam wrote
    "Building the Crate." Who's with me?

I'd rather chase pigs thank you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2010
    GREEN ZONE
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by John Powell
    Matt Damon

Matt Damon and director Paul Greengrass (The Bourne Supremacy, The Bourne Ultimatum, United 93) re-team for their latest electrifying thriller in Green Zone, a film set in the chaotic early days of the Iraqi War when no one could be trusted and every decision could detonate unforeseen consequences. During the U.S.-led occupation of Baghdad in 2003, Chief Warrant Officer Roy Miller (Damon) and his team of Army inspectors were dispatched to find weapons of mass destruction believed to be stockpiled in the Iraqi desert. Rocketing from one booby-trapped and treacherous site to the next, the men search for deadly chemical agents but stumble instead upon an elaborate cover-up that inverts the purpose of their mission. Spun by operatives with intersecting agendas, Miller must hunt through covert and faulty intelligence hidden on foreign soil for answers that will either clear a rogue regime or escalate a war in an unstable region. And at this blistering time and in this combustible place, he will find the most elusive weapon of all is the truth.

Another veteran of the Bourne team is composer John Powell, who contributes an adrenaline-pumping score.

Universal Pictures opens GREEN ZONE nationwide on March 12.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 067 011 2
    Release Date: 03/09/10
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    One down, three to go.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I can't say I'm expecting anything as interesting as his Bourne scores. I get the feeling this will be akin to Elfman's The Kingdom? Still, I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised.
  3. Hmm, The Kingdom meets Bourne ostinatos? That would be cool, actually!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm thinking a cross between the two as well. Or if we don't get that then at least something better than Ultimatum.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Better than Ultimatum you say? In that case we could have a contender for the year's best score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    I'm thinking a cross between the two as well. Or if we don't get that then at least something better than Ultimatum.

No Powell score so far has been better than Ultimatum, so I won't hold out much hope.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote

No Powell score so far has been better than Ultimatum, so I won't hold out much hope.

I preferred Paycheck or even P.S. I Love You. They stuck into my ears for much longer time than Ultimatum.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    There could be hints of his Stop Loss material here as well, seeing the setting is similar. I'm looking forward to this one a lot!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    I don't know, Tangiers and Waterloo were really good tracks. I much prefer them and any other tracks from Ultimatum over anything from Elfman's The Kingdom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Better than Ultimatum you say? In that case we could have a contender for the year's best score!

Yeah, if he actually wrote "better than Supremacy".
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote

Try:

STOP LOSS
    UNITED 93
    PAYCHECK
    BOURNE: SUPREMACY
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Yeah, if he actually wrote "better than Supremacy".

FACT! beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote

Try:

STOP LOSS
    UNITED 93
    PAYCHECK
    BOURNE: SUPREMACY

Why? I like all those, but I've heard them many times. Ultimatum is my favourite Powell score.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2010 edited
    GREEN ZONE
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by John Powell
    Matt Damon

Matt Damon and director Paul Greengrass (The Bourne Supremacy, The Bourne Ultimatum, United 93) re-team for their latest electrifying thriller in Green Zone, a film set in the chaotic early days of the Iraqi War when no one could be trusted and every decision could detonate unforeseen consequences. During the U.S.-led occupation of Baghdad in 2003, Chief Warrant Officer Roy Miller (Damon) and his team of Army inspectors were dispatched to find weapons of mass destruction believed to be stockpiled in the Iraqi desert. Rocketing from one booby-trapped and treacherous site to the next, the men search for deadly chemical agents but stumble instead upon an elaborate cover-up that inverts the purpose of their mission. Spun by operatives with intersecting agendas, Miller must hunt through covert and faulty intelligence hidden on foreign soil for answers that will either clear a rogue regime or escalate a war in an unstable region. And at this blistering time and in this combustible place, he will find the most elusive weapon of all is the truth.

Another veteran of the Bourne team is composer John Powell, who contributes an adrenaline-pumping score.

Universal Pictures opens GREEN ZONE nationwide on March 12.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 067 011 2
    Release Date: 03/09/10

Track Listing:

1. Opening Book (2:32)
    2. 1st WMD Raid (2:39)
    3. Traffic Jam (2:59)
    4. Meeting Raid (4:31)
    5. Helicopter / Freddy Runs (2:43)
    6. Questions (3:26)
    7. Miller Googles (1:53)
    8. Truth / Magellan / Attack (3:50)
    9. Mobilize / Find Al Rawi (5:15)
    10. Evac Preps Part 1 (8:34)
    11. Evac Preps Part 2 (3:22)
    12. Attack and Chase (5:25)
    13. WTF (1:15)
    14. Chaos / Email (4:17)

52 minutes

Don't set your hopes too high though. Apparently it's quite restrained and doesn't let Powell's normally energetic writing shine through. A Bourne score lacking the action. Hopefully the longer pieces will allow for some decent build up though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010
    "restrained"

The same can be said by somebody, on 2 of my favorite Powell scores: United 93 and Stop loss, the others being Paycheck and Bourne: Supremacy . wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I won't argue they are both great scores from him too, but in a film starring Matt Damon hunting WMD's I want another Supremacy! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I don't want another anything, if only another very pleasant surprise both Bourne Supremacy and United 93 gave me. A mix between those two brilliant scores would be awesome though. I'm anyhow very much looking forward to this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    I won't argue they are both great scores from him too, but in a film starring Matt Damon hunting WMD's I want another Supremacy! lick

...but you won't get one, I'm 99.99% sure.

This isn't Bourne. This is a film with a serious message (I'm betting), and I'm guessing the music will be less "in your face".
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I'm expecting something more along the lines of United 93 (which I like, BTW). Speaking of Powell, has there been any announcement for a score release of How To Train Your Dragon? It's opening on March 26.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That Dragon movie looks pretty bad, i am hoping for Powell goodness nevertheless.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Today I saw a presentation given by a Dreamworks employee, and they said this film is going to one of their best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010 edited
    Panthera wrote
    Today I saw a presentation given by a Dreamworks employee, and they said this film is going to one of their best.

In that case, it must be true :-D
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010 edited
    I'm just hoping for the pure Chris-"Stitch"-Sanders style dragon running over the screen! biggrin

Edit: oh he mentioned the score on his blog - Powell is recording in London.

... We’re doing a bit of press for How To train Your Dragon before continuing on to London where John Powell will record the score. (Jan 18, 2010)
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Panthera wrote

Varese-like overblowing and hype; never works.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Miya wrote
    ... We’re doing a bit of press for How To train Your Dragon before continuing on to London where John Powell will record the score. (Jan 18, 2010)

Don't they usually do press like that after completing the film? It's a priority thing.