• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    It's damn expensive as well but SONY's coscoles are kick-ass mate, especially as far as their quality is concerned. You wouldn't imagine the stress tests my PS2 went through the last 6 years i've been owning it with 10 guys on it playing PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER (starting from 2 up to the latest, 2008) and car games on it, shouting, kicking, dropping the controllers on the floor, throwing them at one another, smoke, dust, everything. And it's still as good as new and i never spent a single dollar on it after i purchased it! I tell you, kick-ass! smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    My PS2 has been through a lot as well, but I don't think it's quite experience the trials and tribulations that yours has. But, yeah, it's definitely still a great machine that I play on a somewhat regular basis (when I have the time anyway).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2007
    I'm afraid I phazed out of computer games in the mid 90's.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2007
    Shadow Of The Colossus - PS2

Been through it several times now. Stunning!

Huge scenes and great score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, i've completed that one last year on PS2 with a friend. It's so addictive, dark and imposing for sure!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2007 edited
    I´ve completed Medal of Honor - Airborne (great, but short), and I´m now with Company of Heroes - Opposing Fronts.
    I´ve in store Call of Duty 4 and Crysis. I want the Christmas Holiday now, I´ve got a lot of work to do!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Crysis? for the PC?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Crysis? for the PC?

Yes, for PC. I only play PC games.

From Gamespot.com: "The music, by composer Inon Zur, feels inspired by the scores from epic Hollywood action movies". Can´t wait to hear that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And what kind of system you currently have, which will run Crysis?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    sleep

I'd rather go for a walk along the beach.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Well I haven´t started it yet, I don´t like to play more than one game at a time.
    I know Crysis demands a huge graphic card. I hope the one I bought last month will be enough, not to play at maximum resolution of course (you need a 200 - 300 € card for that, and I´m not that crazy) but lowering down the resolution and some options I hope I´ll be able to play the game.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What's your PC's specs?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    What's your PC's specs?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800
    2GB RAM
    NVIDIA GEFORCE 8500 GT
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That sounds good if you're gonna run it at logical settings and not extremes wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Yes, it´s gonna be impossible to run it at full power.

From Gamespot.com Crysis review: " It's doubtful that a system has been built yet that can run the game at ultra-high resolutions with all the graphical sliders maxed out. Dial down the detail settings to high, which is the next-lower setting, and Crysis still blows contemporary games out of the water".
    •  
      CommentAuthorMWRuger
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2007
    Peggle...Damn it. Always Peggle!

Just finished Portal, and High-Life Ep 2.

With the new patch out I am thinking about taking a run through Bioshock again.

Crysis. Maybe. I have heard some unkind things about the ending. I probably ought to finish S.T.A.L.K.E.R. first.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2008
    Today was a study day. First study day after returning to the university.

During the day I listened to:
    the Lethal Weapon's
    Four Feathers
    The Painted Veil
    My Life
    The Ghost And The Darkness
    and a little Bobby Darin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    biggrin

You want Now Playing, omaha. This thread is for gaming. wink
  1. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    After finally getting a 100% status in GTA: San Andreas I went back to Vice City to get the same there and see what happens. I was amazed when I realized I still remember VC's Map after all these years where the SA one I never managed to memorize. Anyhoo, it's been an interesting experience. All those things I find difficult in SA are so darn easy to do in VC and vice versa. Where car races' level of difficulty in SA would drive me nuts, I easily beat each race in VC with the very first attempt but then I get killed easily in VC, unlike SA which I think is because of VC's outdated aiming system and the lack of moving-while-crouched ability. I also think driving is easier in VC than SA (because of SA's driving skill system)

Just a couple of more unique stunt jumps and some paramedic missions and I'll be at 100% status. Next... GTA IV...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wait 'till you pla GTA IV. You'll be stunned!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Wait 'till you pla GTA IV. You'll be stunned!

I'm pondering whether to buy it again when the PC version comes out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2008 edited
    I'm stunned already by the system requirement lists I read for it here and there!
    Looks like every time a new GTA title comes out, I need to update my PC. Gotta move to consoles I guess hehe
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I will when the pc version comes out! When is that again? February?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    November 18 in the US. Guess it was 20 or 21 in Europe.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And the system specs are??
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2008 edited
    No official word from Rockstar yet but there are some speculations. Check this page:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=366129
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No worries for me. There are games out there which have significantly greater requirements, and there's Flight Simulator X which factually needs a system that hasn't been built yet. rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    No worries for me. There are games out there which have significantly greater requirements, and there's Flight Simulator X which factually needs a system that hasn't been built yet. rolleyes

To be honest D, Flight Simulators and the like are the only things that really interest me and when I have the spare cash I'll be asking for your wisdom on such things.

I have nothing but disdain for te likes of GTA.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    LOL
    hmm, I'm not sure what to do. I originally planned to upgrade my PC around 2010-11 to get the most from StarCraft II and Diablo III. Now GTA IV is coming to PC and it's ruining the plan up. I can upgrade now but if I do so chances are that those two games (SC2 and D3) would require an even better PC so I'll be screwed. Damn.