• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorzirael
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2008
    Clip 13 is driving me crazy, and Bhelpuri says it's supposed to be easy and related to the big ship! I'll probably feel really silly once I find out what it is!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2008 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Sorry, can't play.
    Brain my dead is.

Yoda-esque your language is.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Sorry, can't play.
    Brain my dead is.

No! He switched the words around, it's not even Yoda-speak... It's gibberish... What the hell is he taking these days???
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008
    BhelPuri wrote
    Beware of a late arrival to this game who has got 20 points without even listening to a single clip thanks to computer trouble. wink
    Any guesses as to who this might be?

Popeye?

Boss Cat?

Gigantor?

Beats me? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Sorry, can't play.
    Brain my dead is.

No! He switched the words around, it's not even Yoda-speak... It's gibberish... What the hell is he taking these days???

Ancient Looza-sanskrit?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008 edited
    Ranietz nearly doubles his score and Bregje needs just 3 points to move ahead of Demetris and Thomas. It looks like no one's going to be able to level scores with zirael.

zirael 44 points shocked
    plindboe & Ranietz 30 points wave
    FalkirkBairn 24 points
    Southall 23 points
    Timmer 22 points
    spin
    Tommy_Boy & Demetris 17 points dizzy
    Bregje 15 points cool
    The Grey Pilgrim 14 points

JuPe 10 points
    Dreamtheater 9 points
    Stavroula 4 points
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BhelPuri wrote

Demetris plays at nearly 3 times his usual level and joins the crowd in the middle. cheesy wink

Yeah, i am a Mediterranean guy. Water is my element wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    BhelPuri wrote

Demetris plays at nearly 3 times his usual level and joins the crowd in the middle. cheesy wink

Yeah, i am a Mediterranean guy. Water is my element wink

S'bit salty though innit?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008 edited
    Demetris I'm shocked at you!!!You left me alone in the bottom!It's not fate after all!

Well the challenge is not who is going to join zirael at the top but who is going to be lower that me at the bottom! tongue
    Beat my 4 points guys!!!! biggrin bounce
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorzirael
    Wow, all I can say is that I totally guessed on clip 13 because I've never heard it before! Clip 3 also gave me trouble, but I was able to find a clip at SAE. I had the advantage of knowing Bhelpuri's listening habits from hanging out together at SST. Hopefully, my win will encourage other women to try their hand at this. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008
    zirael wrote
    Wow, all I can say is that I totally guessed on clip 13 because I've never heard it before! Clip 3 also gave me trouble, but I was able to find a clip at SAE. I had the advantage of knowing Bhelpuri's listening habits from hanging out together at SST. Hopefully, my win will encourage other women to try their hand at this. smile

Good to see the lady win I say! cool

Regardless of if someone else equals you ( won't be me ), you got there first!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008 edited
    I mistakenly edited my previous post instead of making a new one. Check the previous post for the latest scores.

zirael wrote
    Hopefully, my win will encourage other women to try their hand at this. smile

Ah, there are some already- Stavi and Bregje!

I'll let this game run till Sunday night or so. Until then you can submit more guesses and perhaps Franz can take a shot at this too.

Does anyone have a new game ready? Who's doing the next one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorzirael
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008
    BhelPuri wrote
    zirael wrote

Cool! Glad that I'm not the only one playing. It's hard to know sometimes based on names.

I'll put together some clips for a game in late June but I don't have one prepared right now. I hope someone else has one ready or close to it.
  2. Is there one more day in the game? I still haven't had a chance to spend 10 minutes with the clips yet.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2008 edited
    zirael wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    zirael wrote

Cool! Glad that I'm not the only one playing. It's hard to know sometimes based on names.

*cough* That's why we have the profiles. *cough* And *cough* http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … s/#Item_19 *cough* *cough*
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    franz_conrad wrote
    Is there one more day in the game? I still haven't had a chance to spend 10 minutes with the clips yet.

Yes, I'll let this run till Sunday night or Monday early morning (US time) unless people want more time.
  3. Is it not too late for one last guess? I just submitted mine. Not that it'll do much good cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    JuPe almost triples his score with a late surge and Ralph Kruhm moves ahead of Demetris and Thomas. Dreamtheater adds a couple more and should surely have another bunch of points soon.

zirael 44 points shocked
    plindboe & Ranietz 30 points wave
    JuPe 28 points wave
    FalkirkBairn 24 points
    Southall 23 points
    Timmer 22 points
    spin
    Ralph Kruhm 18 points dizzy
    Tommy_Boy, Demetris 17 points
    Bregje 15 points cool
    The Grey Pilgrim 14 points

Dreamtheater 12 points smile
    Stavroula 4 points

DreamTheater wrote
    Is it not too late for one last guess? I just submitted mine. Not that it'll do much good cheesy

I'll post the answers in about 9 hours from now. Unless you want more time...
  4. Don't keep it running for me! Please, I won't win anything here!! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2008 edited
    Congrats to zirael for an unbeatable score! Lots of people played this game so that's quite a reward in itself. I hope you had fun with it and found some gems to explore further smile

Answers!
    Here's the cover art of the cds these clips were taken from-
    http://i31.tinypic.com/25fq2rt.jpg

1 Erich Wolfgang Korngold - The Sea Hawk
    2 Bronislau Kaper - Mutiny on the Bounty
    3 Marvin Hamlisch - The Swimmer
    4 Jerry Goldsmith - Papillon
    5 John Williams - Jaws
    6 Pino Donaggio - Carrie
    7 Basil Poledouris - The Blue Lagoon
    8 John Barry - Raise The Titanic
    9 Jean Claude Petit - Jean de Florette
    10 Ennio Morricone - The Mission
    11 Christopher Gunning - When The Whales Came
    12 Stephen Endelman - The Englishman Who Went Up A Hill But Came Down A Mountain
    13 Alberto Iglesias - La Camarera del Titanic (The Chambermaid on the Titanic)
    14 Trevor Rabin - Deep Blue Sea
    15 Angelo Badalamenti - The Beach
    16 Alan Silvestri - Cast Away
    17 George Fenton - Blue Planet
    18 James Newton Howard - Lady In The Water

Bonus #1 Yvan Cassar - Massai: Les guerriers de la pluie (Masai: The Rain Warriors)
    Bonus #2 Luis Bacalov - Ilona Arriva Con La Pioggia (Ilona arrives with the rain)
  5. BhelPuri wrote
    Congrats to zirael for an unbeatable score! Lots of people played this game so that's quite a reward in itself. I hope you had fun with it and found some gems to explore further smile

Answers!
    Here's the cover art of the cds these clips were taken from-
    http://i31.tinypic.com/25fq2rt.jpg

1 Erich Wolfgang Korngold - The Sea Hawk
    2 Bronislau Kaper - Mutiny on the Bounty
    3 Marvin Hamlisch - The Swimmer
    4 Jerry Goldsmith - Papillon
    5 John Williams - Jaws
    6 Pino Donaggio - Carrie
    7 Basil Poledouris - The Blue Lagoon
    8 John Barry - Raise The Titanic
    9 Jean Claude Petit - Jean de Florette
    10 Ennio Morricone - The Mission
    11 Christopher Gunning - When The Whales Came
    12 Stephen Endelman - The Englishman Who Went Up A Hill But Came Down A Mountain
    13 Alberto Iglesias - La Camarera del Titanic (The Chambermaid on the Titanic)
    14 Trevor Rabin - Deep Blue Sea
    15 Angelo Badalamenti - The Beach
    16 Alan Silvestri - Cast Away
    17 George Fenton - Blue Planet
    18 James Newton Howard - Lady In The Water

Bonus #1 Yvan Cassar - Massai: Les guerriers de la pluie (Masai: The Rain Warriors)
    Bonus #2 Luis Bacalov - Ilona Arriva Con La Pioggia (Ilona arrives with the rain)

wow, most of these scores I didn't hear yet so I didn't do that badly after all
    Thanks BhelPuri for the good game smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. Well, first off, thanks for such a wonderful selection of clips. There's a lot in there I haven't heard.

In hindsight, I should've gotten a few more point from clip 17, 18. I thought it was George Fenton in Clip 17, but then I checked Deep Blue and the theme wasn't there (I don't have Blue Planet), so I wasn't sure where I heard it from and didn't submit the name. Clip 18 sounds very familiar but then I wasn't sure where to look for first, so I was stuck.
  7. Great game! I should have known only a bit more; all in all I´m quite happy with my result.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2008
    To get full marks on that game is very impressive. A good variety of stuff.
  8. To get everything right means you have to be an expert, which I'm most definitely not! Good game everyone and zirael strikes a homerun!
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    Without the hints i would have got only 2 points. I only recognized the "Deep Blue Sea" clip. The rest I got from searching the net. Some I found by pure luck. wink

-Ranietz-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Damn! crazy

I left it too late to send my final guesses in. slant

I finally got track # 3 The Swimmer - Marvin Hamlisch, but too late, it was the only one of the final guesses I would have got right anyway.

I should have KNOWN #'s 7 and 15 slant shame

Good game BP, very enjoyable.

And well done Zirael for that unattainable winning score beer
  9. Well done, Zirael!

An interesting set of clips.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Excellent set of clips mate, i have a lot of good stuff to check out from your game in the near future!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Damn. I knew many of these. Lotsa fine music.
    I am extremely serious.