• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2008
    RAMIN DJAWADI AND TREVOR RABIN WILL PRESENT THEIR ENERGETIC SOUNDTRACKS AS PART OF FIMUCITÉ

• Iron Man’s composer will show the best of his filmography in Tenerife.
    • Rabin’s performance will be the finishing touch for the Second Tenerife International Film Music Festival.

Canary Islands, Spain. 19th May 2008

The German musician Ramin Djawadi will be one of the guest composers of the Second Tenerife International Film Music Festival (Fimucité), where the Tenerife Film Orchestra & Choir will perform his latest work: Iron Man’s soundtrack. The film, which adapts the adventures of Marvel Comics charismatic character, has become a worldwide box-office success after collecting more than 200 million Euros during its première’s weekend.

The Festival, to be held from 23rd to 29th June, will also be attended by the South-African American Trevor Rabin, film composer of works such as Enemy of the State, Armageddon, Con Air, Deep Blue Sea, Remember the Titans and National Treasure. Rabin is the renowned guitarist of the emblematic rock band Yes for whom he also composed songs like “Owner of a lonely heart”. His will be the final concert of this festival on its closing day at the Tenerife’s Auditorium.

Ramin Djawadi and Trevor Rabin will also be the protagonists of a panel, part of a series of activities parallel to the festival, called “Creating the Perfect Soundtrack” led by another of the great guests of this year: Doug Frank, President of Music Operations of Warner Bros Pictures.

The Second Tenerife International Film Music Festival is a unique one in Europe, directed by the Spanish composer Diego Navarro and sponsored by the Island Council and the Santa Cruz de Tenerife City Council Culture Commission.

http://www.fimucite.com/
    info@fimucite.com
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2008 edited
    Ramin Djawadi. Trevor Rabin. Wow. They really got the high society of maestro's there, huh? I guess Tyler Bates couldn't make it?
  1. I would love to hear a Rabin concert, I always loved his style from the beginning
    And no Joep don't start with The Glimmer Man which indeed sucks balls
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    True, to hear The Launch from Armageddon in a live concert would be awesome.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote

Iron Man’s composer will show the best of his filmography in Tenerife.

Wow, I can't wait for that. rolleyes biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Iron Man’s composer will show the best of his filmography in Tenerife.

Wow, I can't wait for that. rolleyes biggrin

I would go if I was going to Tenerife, see what it was like for myself rather than presume anything. I'm not a fan of Rabin by any stretch of the imagination and I've not heard Djawadi's Iron Man but it would probably be a fine night out.

Tenerife is a gret island.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. What have the poor people of this city done to deserve these guests?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2008 edited
    franz_conrad wrote
    What have the poor people of this city done to deserve these guests?

Hosted the world's worst air crash ever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Wel, that's an extraordinary guest list, probably getting more attention than the WSA anf Ghent lineup. biggrin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    What have the poor people of this city done to deserve these guests?

Hosted the world's worst air crash ever.

That's right! shocked

I'm old enough to remember it being big news on TV.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2008
    The TENERIFE INTERNATIONAL FILM MUSIC FESTIVAL 2008 will feature Tom Tykwer, Reinhold Heil and Johnny Klimek. The Tenerife Film Orchestra & Choir will perform live their music for PERFUME: THE STORY OF A MURDERER.

REINHOLD HEIL
    http://users.auth.gr/~dichrist/reinhold_heil.jpeg

JOHNNY KLIMEK
    http://users.auth.gr/~dichrist/johnny_klimek2.jpeg

TOM TYKWER
    http://users.auth.gr/~dichrist/tom_tykwer.jpg

More at:
    http://www.fimucite.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorJoris
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2008 edited
    I visit Tenerife a few times a year because it's a great island to relax. It's reviving to confront myself with a house that hasn't a piano or mac where I can work on my music. So it's all about nice weather, a good book, great food and wine... in short: holiday! smile
    Santa Cruz is a great city! The concerthall is a fine example of interesting modern architecture with great resonance! Plus they have the upside of having some of their activities out in the open. ( Fact is that they have 2 or 3 days max of rainy weither a year!!!!)

I must say I always will support organisations that put filmmusic in the spotlights! No matter who attends. Kudos for bringing them to this excellent location and I hope I will be able to attend next years edition of this festival !!! spin

grtz, Jojo
    www.myspace.com/jorishermy
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    And no Joep don't start with The Glimmer Man which indeed sucks balls

Your words, not mine!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PRESS RELEASE

PERFUME: THE STORY OF A MURDERER’S SCORE WILL BE FIRST PERFORMED LIVE AT FIMUCITÉ 2008

- Amongst the guest composers there will be Tom Tykwer, Reinhold Heil and Johnny Klimek

Canary Islands, Spain. 02 June 2008

Film director Tom Tykwer, who composed Perfume: The Story of a Murderer’s soundtrack together with Reinhold Heil and Johnny Klimek, will attend the Second Tenerife International Film Music Festival (Fimucité). On 27th June at Guimerá Theater, Perfume: The Story of a Murderer’s scores will be first performed live, a music which transports you to 17th Century Paris where Patrick Süskind’s famous novel, upon which the film is based, is settled.

Tenerife Film Orchestra & Choir will perform the concert conducted by the Canarian composer Diego Navarro, director of Fimucité. Tom Tykwer, Reinhold Heil and Johnny Klimek will also participate in the lectures and panels scheduled as parallel activities to the different concerts to be performed during the festival.

German film director Tom Tykwer is worldly acclaimed by works like Run Lola Run, The Princess and the Warrior and Perfume: The Story of a Murderer. Thanks to these movies he has shown that it is possible to make independent films with a commercial approach. In his films, Tykwer usually does different jobs, as he also writes and produces the scripts. He also gets especially involved in film music. Together with Reinhold Heil and Johnny Klimek he has formed a group called Pale 3, with whom he has composed film music and carried out several other projects.

Heil and Klimek have also accomplished a composing career apart from their common one with Tykwer. In their filmography, we find the German film Sophie Scholl and also American productions such as One hour Photo, Land of the Dead, and more recently the American version of One Missed Call.

Fimucité 2008 will be held from 23rd to 29th next June thanks to the sponsoring of the Island Council, the Santa Cruz de Tenerife City Council Culture Commission and the Canary Islands’ Government. All the information about the festival is available at http://www.fimucite.com.

author: Fimucite 2008 press
    •  
      CommentAuthorJoris
    Who would'nt want to hear this magnificent - though heavely underrated - music live????!!!! So big sheers for this festival!!!!! Viva Tenerifa!!!

commo estas? muy bien tambien! fimucite para siempre!!!
    Jojo