• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Still in the post-vacation doldrums at the moment.

I haven't listened to much new music either and my enthusiasm for film music has dissipated over the last few months and doesn't seem to be returning. I am sure it will at some point.

The summer has been filled mostly with gardening, catching up with TV, and imbibing gin.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2023
    Summer holiday is presumably behind us now (although I know that you peeps down on the continent have your summer holidays later than we do), but did anyone do anything exciting?

Nothing terribly exciting for me. Mid July to early August. Spent one week in my hometown in the south (borrowed my parents' apartment while they were away). That was nice. A friend of mine (Aasmund; you remember him, Bregt) has a cabin out in the archipelago, stayed there for a couple of nights. Then a week on Fur. Then a week at the family island, also in the south. That's it. I can't afford to go abroad anymore (OK, Denmark is abroad, but you know what I mean), and I don't really want to anyway, during the summers.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Going abroad seems to be such a lottery now. So many different groups striking as part of industrial disputes (at home and abroad), air traffic control problems, and the cost of everything... The list goes on.

Better to stay at home and get out and about locally.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2023
    Those are some issues, yes. The Norwegian krone is insanely weak now. Probably the weakest it's ever been. Which doesn't only apply to ordering stuff from abroad (like CDs), but also holidays abroad, obviously.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2023
    I just realized that my last proper holiday trip abroad -- not counting a couple of work-related trips to Berlin and Cannes, and the annual Fur trips -- was Morroco in 2015. 2015!!! That's 8 friggin' years ago. Wow. Certainly says something about changed circumstances.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2024
    In the midst of my summer holiday now. Spent a week down south (in my hometown & at our island), then heading to Fur on Friday for an all-too-brief week, but with my entire family for once. Both parents, my brother, my sister and her husband and their three kids. That rarely happens.

Weather has been poor to mixed. Rain, thunder, wind, but occasional bursts of summery sun. Climate change in full force.

How's everyone else's summer going? Anything special planned?
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Weather has been awful so far. So, pleased that our Skye holiday isn't until mid-August. Nice to be in my favourite place on a "special" (60th) birthday.

Regarding my birthday, I remember when Tom Kiefner was (to use a phrase from our House of Commons) was 'the Father of the Site' and he was only 55!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2024
    My holiday starts Friday evening, a few days later me and my family and my sister and brother in law and their 3 kids leave for a 10 day holiday in the Tuscany of the Netherlands. biggrin

It's in the hilly region at the outermost southern point of The Netherlands, close to where Belgium, Netherlands and Germany meet. There are hills, vineyards and a slightly warmer climate. We really like the Dutch towns and villages, they're often cosier and more pedestrian friendly than in Belgium.

We also take our bikes. I taught my son (age 3) to bike the past few months, so hopefully he can do some nice biking while I'm running alongside next to him, o²r cycle, what seems fine that moment. x

Maastricht is also closeby, a fine city for day trip. There are zoo's, swimming pools, rodelbahn, walks in the forest and obviously there will be ice, since we're in Tuscany (of the Netherlands)
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Weather has been awful so far. So, pleased that our Skye holiday isn't until mid-August. Nice to be in my favourite place on a "special" (60th) birthday.

How long has it been since you were at Skye? Ever since you first mentioned this on the forum, it has been in my mind as a fascinating destination. I see it has been discovered by many people since then.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    In the midst of my summer holiday now. Spent a week down south (in my hometown & at our island), then heading to Fur on Friday for an all-too-brief week, but with my entire family for once. Both parents, my brother, my sister and her husband and their three kids. That rarely happens.

Have a great holiday Thor. Will we ever meet again at Fur? smile
    Kazoo
  4. Bregt wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Weather has been awful so far. So, pleased that our Skye holiday isn't until mid-August. Nice to be in my favourite place on a "special" (60th) birthday.

How long has it been since you were at Skye? Ever since you first mentioned this on the forum, it has been in my mind as a fascinating destination. I see it has been discovered by many people since then.

We were there this time last year. So, not too long ago.

I have been going to Skye since I was 5 or 6 years old. And my mum had been going since the 1940s!