• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2008
    I think there was a thread about them in The Other Forum, but if there was, I don't remember it. So I am making my own.

I ordered autographed copies of the "Rambo" and "Saving Sarah Cain" scores through them in January. I paid through Paypal. I have yet to receive the CDs. They ignore most of my emails, but occasionally told me that it was delayed because they were waiting for Mark McKenzie to sign the CDs (not sure why they were selling something they dont' actually have). I believed them, for a while, and by the time their excuses started to get old, it was conveniently past the 45-day deadline for Paypal disputes. So basically, they stole my money AND wasted my time.

Anyone wanna start a boycott with me or something? tongue
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Man, take a look over at the FSM board...about every other thread is an anti-Buysoundtrax one.
    The gist of ALL of them is that they tend to react quite badly to e-mails, but will respond to phone calls. Maybe you could give 'em a ring?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    I used to buy from them whenever they had the discounts (10% or sometimes upto 15%). They'd also throw in a free cd on orders greater than $50 or so. On each of those occasions I got most of the order except for 1 or 2 cds. It took me a number of email reminders to get those remaining cds.
    I've found that if you mention that you haven't been getting any response to your email AND that you're thinking of posting in FSM (or calling your credit card company) then you'll get a reply very soon and the order will be completed. Sometimes you have to play the system wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I never visit FSM, and I never will.

I told them in my last email that I would contact Paypal, but that didn't work.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Scribe wrote

Never visit FSM.

Any particular reason?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    And how about giving them a ring?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I don't visit FSM because I only ever hear negative things about it.

I have called BSX before, but now I am afraid that they will hate me after I threatened to tell paypal on them and filed a dispute shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin

I can imagine. smile
    At the end of the day though, they're a *business* and you're a customer.
    No matter what personal feelings there may be, if you want your CDs (or your money back) they'll have to do something to accomodate you.
    I'd just give 'em a ring, and keep it as businesslike as possible.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2008 edited
    You only ever hear "negative" things?

I would find out for yourself rather than listen to hearsay.

FSM forum has many possitives.

Not least is the fact that a topic such as a score by JOHN BARRY will get 20 times or more as many replies that a hans zimmer score will get! biggrin cool

wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Timmer wrote
    Scribe wrote

Never visit FSM.

Any particular reason?

Isn't it because of the massive ego clashes, personal attacks and frivolous posts?

First Law of soundtrack collecting (verified from FSM observations)
    The larger the score collection (or longer the period of collecting), the greater the perception of enlightenment, the lesser the tolerance for innocent questions and more bloated, the ego.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    BhelPuri wrote
    Isn't it because of the massive ego clashes, personal attacks and frivolous posts?

First Law of soundtrack collecting (verified from FSM observations)
    The larger the score collection (or longer the period of collecting), the greater the perception of enlightenment, the lesser the tolerance for innocent questions and more bloated, the ego.

That would be why.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, we NEVER make frivolous posts.
    And we're extremely ego-less. In fact I think we have the least ego here of all the Internet in the whole of history, like, ever!

And if you disagree, well, !)#($*%& you! angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin

Matt, give em a call or make it public in FSM. These are the only ways to get your CDs. And if you want my advice, don't buy from them, there have been EXTREMELY MANY dodgy stories about them. I never had any problems whatsoever with either SAE or Colosseum records or cdbaby or anything like that.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Hmm, well, I called them...see I just needed you guys to motivate me wink

They said that they will send the CDs out tomorrow (third time I've heard that) and that they will also give me an autographed copy of Cherry 2000 / No Man's Land.

I'll believe it when I see it cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ... a BASIL POLEDOURIS signed CD?

shocked
    shockedshocked
    shockedshockedshocked
    shockedshockedshockedshocked
    shockedshockedshockedshockedshocked

That's gotta be worth whatever ulcer you worked up over this! ( wink )
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I am refraining from any excitement unless it actually happens.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    ... a BASIL POLEDOURIS signed CD?

shocked
    shockedshocked
    shockedshockedshocked
    shockedshockedshockedshocked
    shockedshockedshockedshockedshocked

That's gotta be worth whatever ulcer you worked up over this! ( wink )

Cool! cool Hopefully >< fingers crossed for you Matt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    The person who answered the phone (who I would guess is Mark Banning unless they have a male receptionist which would be strange) made a point to say that he would get the autographed booklets tomorrow when he had lunch with Mark McKenzie. tongue