• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2012 edited
    Timmer wrote
    I had a lovely piece of 'fresh' Salmon I was going to cook for my tea

It may well be the sole Anglocism I continue to have issues with: cooking <something> for tea.
    Yes, I know what it means. I know where it comes from.

Yet, still whenever I hear something like "cooking fish for tea" the first and foremost thing on my mind...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2012 edited
    Would oddism be a right word for it? Yeah, I agree with you but it trips off the English tongue without a thought.

p.s. Gomez doesn't give a shit...plate....salmon....eat....satisfied cat sleep
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2012
    That's why i love Cats smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You cook cats for tea? uhm
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No wonder he dislikes Vegans.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I dislike people who have to shove their opinions down my throat, whilst i never do that. Be it vegans, feminists, environmentalists, hippies and hipsters, atheists, fanatic christians, etc etc. Just do what you want it's a free world just don't break my balls.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I have some friends who are vegan and they never shove anything down my throat.......mainly because I won't touch it. wink

Seriously though, they just have a lifestyle choice and they've never given me any grief for eating meat or drinking milk though I am aware there are more 'hard core' vegans out there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not the vegans i know though; which have to write essays about it or start up all-night conversations about it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    Not the vegans i know though; which have to write essays about it or start up all-night conversations about it.

Sounds scary ( and a little creepy ), take some pork pies, ham sandwiches and chicken drum sticks along with you to one of their meetings, explain to them why meat from vegetarians taste best while they munch or their bird-food.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Or slap the meat in their faces (...).
  1. Demetris wrote
    I dislike people who have to shove their opinions down my throat, whilst i never do that. Be it vegans, feminists, environmentalists, hippies and hipsters, atheists, fanatic christians, etc etc. Just do what you want it's a free world just don't break my balls.

What about people who don't like the music of [insert composer's name here]? wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Demetris wrote

What about people who don't like the music of [insert composer's name here]? wink

Oh so true! applause
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I wish I could remember his name so I could look him up but there was a fascinating guy on BBC Radio 2 last week, he was a nutritionist explaining why one diet doesn't fit all, how being a vegan or a meat eater may not suit your personal chemical make-up ( he used examples like why some vegetarians look ill despite living a "healthy" lifestyle ), he explained why he believed it was down to personal genetics that determined what is and isn't good for you.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I want to say more but there's so much LOUD drilling next door I can't bloody well THINK! crazy slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Demetris wrote

Well no problem as they do not insist with their opinion on you smile you know, calling it "fact" or writing huge essays about it :p
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    I had a lovely piece of 'fresh' Salmon I was going to cook for my tea with some salad and baby potatoes all garnished up nicely....until I smelt it vomit

I cooked it up anyway....

Me = slant

Gomez = cat lick

Just now he's sat in the front garden being stroked by a gorgeous young blond girl saying how beautiful he is omg

He gets my food, he gets the girl.... angry crazy wall
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap this is how cats are :lolcat:
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I just ate a bag of Walkers Crinkles, Thor would approve very highly of this snack. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I just ate a bag of Walkers Crinkles, Thor would approve very highly of this snack. lick

Never heard of it, but if it's a type of potatoe chips, YEAH MAN!!!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It is! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012
    You mean to tell me, Thor, that there is a bag of chips brand you haven't heard before anywhere on this world ?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Walkers crisps are the most famous brand in the UK, have you never tried them Thor?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Walkers crisps are the most famous brand in the UK, have you never tried them Thor?

Nope, but I need to try it.

POTATOE CHIPS 4-EVER!!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You've been to the UK numerous times and you haven't tried them? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anything called "crinklies" needs to be approached with utmost mistrust.

("Crinklies"...I don't know why, but that sounds just so utterly, intensely, unmistakebly British!)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    CrinkLES not CrinkLIES.

Crinklies would be potato chips in the shape of very old people.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah right.
    I'm pretty sure when you reach the bottom of that bag, Noel Edmonds unexpectedly jumps out!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The fact that you know who Noel Edmonds is worries me greatly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    To which I can only respond "blobby blobby blob blob".
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    To which I can only respond "blobby blobby blob blob".

DOES IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS?