• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Ok, I'm going to do something blasfamous and talk about healthy food. I know, stupid really...
    Anyway, I' m staying at my parents' place, so that means mommy dearest is here to take care of her little girl. When I get out of bed there is a fruit salad all prepared, ready to eat.
    Salad for lunch, and some sort of stir fried vegetable mix for dinner.

Well, a five star hotel doesn't compare to this...

If you like healthy food that is...

So maybe not immediately the average MT-gang's prefered outlet, but I'm having a blast...
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2012
    fresh fruit breakfast....Mmmmmmmmmmm! lick It reminds me of staying on the Islands in Thailand, every morning ( or afternoon depending on what happened the night before ) I would have banana and large slices of pineapple, mango and watermelon sprinkled with chopped coconut before hitting the sea for a swim, a fruit breakfast just makes you feel so vitalised and alive love
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Meh....screw fruit! Give me potatoe chips!
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Timmer wrote
    fresh fruit breakfast....Mmmmmmmmmmm! lick It reminds me of staying on the Islands in Thailand, every morning ( or afternoon depending on what happened the night before ) I would have banana and large slices of pineapple, mango and watermelon sprinkled with chopped coconut before hitting the sea for a swim, a fruit breakfast just makes you feel so vitalised and alive love

Ok, Timmer, you are welcome at my parents' place...

Thor wrote
    Meh....screw fruit! Give me potatoe chips!

Sorry, Thor, our meeting grounds will have to remain in Ghent, I'm afraid....
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Me = cool

Thor = crazy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2012
    I just cooked and ate BEER CAN CHICKEN Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2012
    A huge ribeye steak today eat lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2012
    Timmer wrote
    I just cooked and ate BEER CAN CHICKEN Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! lick

I enjoyed this so much last week that I'm doing it again, I'd recommend giving it a try, it's so easy ( just google recipes ), the difference I made was filling the can half way with chicken stock rather than beer, the juices from the chicken also enter the can and make a great ready made gravy to pour over mash potato, greens or whatever you have with it, besides, I don't see the point in wasting good alcohol drink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2012 edited
    It means nothing to me? confused

I'll have a look.

EDIT:ooooh! Perfect weekend fare! lick Gonna give this a shot soon!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    p.s. I did mine in the oven rather than in a closed BBQ like most recipes suggest.
  3. Luckily the weather is reasonable today because we are trying to keep the summer/salad feel going for a bit longer.

A simple flaked salmon/smoked salmon & baby leaf salad with a 3-cheese crusty loaf is on the menu. Accompanied by a few glasses of pinot grigio.

Now, do I wet the palate with an Innis & Gunn beer or two whilst I am listening to Mark McKenzie's The Lost Child?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2012 edited
    Do you need Me to say 'yes you do!' wink beer
  4. Timmer wrote
    Do you need Me to say 'yes you do!' wink beer

I am trying to transfer any responsibility for any adverse consequences later arising as a result of the beer/wine combo.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You can blame me. devil
  5. Hmm, not really sure if I should post this in this thread, or in the one about what is currently enoying me, or what made my day better.

I went to a doctor on Wednesday (I was referred to him by my current GP) concerning my very recurring migraine attacks. Because besides hormones and stress the biggest trigger for migraine is food-related stuff, he drew some blood to have it tested for food allergies. The results should be in on Monday evening.

Most likely I'm intollerant to lactose. If that turns out to be the case, it's going to mean a big change. No more yummi milk-based desserts, no more cheese, no more milk-based bread products, no more cookies (or only very specific ones...), no more ice cream etc... I am so going to miss these things, but on the other hand, if it helps me to get rid of the migraines...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Holy f*cking shit!!! shocked
    No more chocolate? shocked
    cry
    suicide
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  6. Martijn wrote
    cry
    suicide

No more MILK chocolate... Dark chocolat is still fine.
    But I was a milk chocolat fan... So yeah, it's going to be difficult...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No more chocolate and you come from chocolate world shocked

As someone who has suffered migraines in the past I can only say that ANYTHING is worth it to get rid of that kind of pain.
  7. Timmer wrote
    No more chocolate and you come from chocolate world shocked

As someone who has suffered migraines in the past I can only say that ANYTHING is worth it to get rid of that kind of pain.

Yeah, well... I also come from Beer-country, and alcohol is also a well-known trigger. But lucky for me, I don't drink, so giving something up I don't do in the first place, that's easy...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No drinking, no milk chocolate....we're rapidly running out of common frames of reference.... slant
  8. Martijn wrote
    No drinking, no milk chocolate....we're rapidly running out of common frames of reference.... slant

Luckily there will always be soundtracks (Ennio in particular, as you will be seated very nearby if not next to me wink )...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2012
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Martijn wrote
    cry
    suicide

No more MILK chocolate... Dark chocolat is still fine.
    But I was a milk chocolat fan... So yeah, it's going to be difficult...

Good luck. Dark chocolate tastes like poo.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Martijn wrote

Luckily there will always be soundtracks (Ennio in particular, as you will be seated very nearby if not next to me wink )...

Here's a nice common ground: you.

D: biggest matchmaker alive thank you very much.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  9. Demetris wrote
    Here's a nice common ground: you.

That's SOOOOO sweet.
    kiss

Demetris wrote
    D: biggest matchmaker alive thank you very much.

And I always thought that was me... Well, biggest matchmaker on MT anyways, as I succesfully set Maxime (aka Rian) and his girlfriend Patty up together, solely by infatuating Patty with music by Ennio Morricone during her Master's thesis work (which I supervised) and consequently fixing Patty up with a co-traveler (Maxime) for her trip to Italy to see forementioned composer 'live'.
    But see, two years later they are still happy together AND attending the Morricone concert in Antwerp later this year. That will be sooo cool.

And BTW, D. Martijn, Marcel and I will all be seated together there wink...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    And BTW, D. Martijn, Marcel and I will all be seated together there wink...

Right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Hmmm it should be interesting!

Today's men: a very nice and tasty chicken and vegetable soup!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote

shocked I can't really tell by that whether you hold men in high esteem or not!
  10. Martijn wrote
    Stavroula wrote

shocked I can't really tell by that whether you hold men in high esteem or not!

ROTFLOL. I can't either...
    But I'm looking forward to the orgie wink.

Just be aware guys my parents will be there as well...
  11. I believe that Martijn enjoys an audience. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Ok guys! I'm dizzy and it's more that obvious! Today's menu it was suppose to say there. An believe you me when I say chicken and vegetable soup have nothing to do with the way I like my men to be.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...