• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008 edited
    Biggest release from La-La Land Records!

La-La Land Records proudly presents acclaimed film/TV composer Dominic Frontiere’s (THE STUNT MAN, HANG ‘EM HIGH, BRANNIGAN) astounding orchestral score to the classic 1960’s sci-fi Television series THE OUTER LIMITS. Digitally remastered from the master tapes in Mr. Frontiere’s personal archive, this 3 CD SET of music from the 1st season of THE OUTER LIMITS features OVER 90 MINUTES OF PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED MUSIC, in addition to all music previously available on the old GNP Crescendo releases – fully remastered. Exclusive, in-depth liner notes by film music journalist Randal Larson take you behind the historic show and its indelible music. This is a Limited Edition of 3000 Units.

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/OuterLimits.html
    Kazoo
  1. I haven't heard the music yet, but I find it interesting and fitting that something called OUTER LIMITS has its score written by a guy called FRONTIERE biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I haven't heard the music yet, but I find it interesting and fitting that something called OUTER LIMITS has its score written by a guy called FRONTIERE biggrin

It's great stuff too though I doubt many here will be familiar.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008
    i'm not familiar but i still ordered without hesitation
  2. From "CONTROLLED EXPERIMENT" you'd think he could have scored a "Star Trek" episode back then.

I liked the music, but not enough to feel the need to grab it up. Maybe next year if it's still around.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008 edited
    I never heard of this but I guess I'll get it anyway, cos it sounds kewl as with La-La Land releases wink

Now gonna listen to the clips on the official website.
  3. I think the theme is really good, wasn't it co composed by Mark Mancina?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. No, I don't think he was even born when those series were out.

We are speaking of the 60s. You are talking of the 90s series, which were scored by John van Tongeren (Mancina's assistant)
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. PawelStroinski wrote
    No, I don't think he was even born when those series were out.

We are speaking of the 60s. You are talking of the 90s series, which were scored by John van Tongeren (Mancina's assistant)

indeed, that's it

Oh, I thougt we were talking about the new series! My mistake shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I haven't heard the music yet, but I find it interesting and fitting that something called OUTER LIMITS has its score written by a guy called FRONTIERE biggrin

I never really watched any Outer Limits (old or more recent versions) and so I don't have that nostalgic feel for the music.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

I never really watched any Outer Limits (old or more recent versions) and so I don't have that nostalgic feel for the music.

Me neither.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2006/11/07/a … frontiere/

I don't think you need to feel nostalgic to enjoy this fine composer.

Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008
    I got my copy of the 3CD set in the mail yesterday and have been going through it for a review for golden scores (old enough to be considered golden). But 3+ hours is a lot of material, yikes.

Tom smile
  7. sdtom wrote
    I got my copy of the 3CD set in the mail yesterday and have been going through it for a review for golden scores (old enough to be considered golden). But 3+ hours is a lot of material, yikes.

Tom smile

I'll be interested to read your opinion, Tom. This 3-CD set, I think, is for people that have some sort of nostalgic association with this classic show. Unfortunately, I don't and find the prospect of that amount of music from the show just too much to contemplate!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2008
    I tend to agree with your overall assessment, at least on my first listen.

Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2008
    Albiet almost 4 weeks later the review is being worked on.

Tom smile
  8. I enjoyed his score to the 1970s motorcycle documentary "On Any Sunday".
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2010 edited
    For those that don't have it I highly recommend you pick up HANG'EM HIGH/THE AVIATOR. Hang'Em High is good but it's The Aviator that takes the cake. 5 star score easily! It's a score for those that love classic, old fashioned, soaring, full bodied film scores! Just listen to that main theme!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    For those that don't have it I highly recommend you pick up HANG'EM HIGH/THE AVIATOR. Hang'Em High is good but it's The Aviator that takes the cake. 5 star score easily! It's a score for those that love classic, old fashioned, soaring, full bodied film scores! Just listen to that main theme!

-Erik-

Yes please! I want!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2014
    Note the date and see it has been four years since this thread has been visited!
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2014/06/07/r … and-north/

This is a new LaLa Land release.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2014
    Nice review Tom. I'm looking forward to hearing this.