• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Not sure if many know Westlake's music, but his son was killed by a drunk driver last night in Sydney:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/foo … 77746.html

The driver is being charged with murder, which suggests it's an unusual case indeed.

My condolences to the Westlake family. sad
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2008
    Oh dear. sad

Such accidents are horrible beyond word.

My condolences to the family as well.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Very sad and odd indeed. They were returning home from a pub, threw chips on a passing car, got in a verbal fight with the driver and she decided to run them over? confused
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2008 edited
    Very sorry to hear that... may God bless his soul to rest in peace shame

Although this is a rather odd case, stuff like that is not uncommon here, in fact, far more common than in other countries. Last year I was on my bicycle and narrowly avoided a bad collision with a young dude on a motorbike who was driving it at at least 60-70 kmph speed at a turning... had he hit I doubt I'd be sitting here typing this. And 90% fellas who drive trucks are undoubtebly drunk shocked slant

I'm just learning to drive the car and am trying to be very careful not to drive too fast and mind other vehicles.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Very sad and odd indeed. They were returning home from a pub, threw chips on a passing car, got in a verbal fight with the driver and she decided to run them over? confused

Another sad case of people doing the stupidest things, overreacting and resulting in the most devastating effects for all concerned people. Isn't that human nature?

Still, a very tragic drama that could/should have been avoided.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Horrific and tragic news!

We seem to live in a 'short fuse' society these days slant

Just read on BBC news that a knife maniac has killed seven people in Tokyo.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. franz_conrad wrote
    Not sure if many know Westlake's music, but his son was killed by a drunk driver last night in Sydney:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/foo … 77746.html

The driver is being charged with murder, which suggests it's an unusual case indeed.

My condolences to the Westlake family. sad

holy cow, doesn't matter who it is, composer or not, things like this are always hideous. Hope the person responsible will get the punishment they deserve
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh