• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LAKESHORE RECORDS TO RELEASE SOUNDTRACK FOR THE FILM WANTED, COMPOSED BY DANNY ELFMAN

Based On The Graphic Novel Series,
    WANTED Introduces A Hero For A New Generation … Wes

(June 5, 2008- Los Angeles, CA) – Lakeshore Records will release the soundtrack for WANTED on June 24th. The soundtrack features music composed by Danny Elfman, including the original song “The Little Things”.

Danny Elfman is a Grammy Award®-winning, Academy Award®-nominated composer who began his career in the Los Angeles-based band Oingo Boingo. A self-taught musician and composer, his brother filmmaker Richard Elfman, asked Elfman to provide music for his first film FORBIDDEN ZONE. Oingo Boingo would go on to release 8 albums and would contribute music for such classic 80s films as FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH, BACHELOR PARTY, WEIRD SCIENCE and SOMETHING WILD.

It would be 1985’s PEE-WEE’S BIG ADVENTURE that started a prolific relationship with director Tim Burton. The two would collaborate on such films as BEETLE JUICE, EDWARD SCISSORHANDS, BATMAN and BATMAN RETURNS, MARS ATTACKS!, CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY, and CORPSE BRIDE, to name a few. Elfman’s non-Burton scores include DICK TRACY, DEAD PRESIDENTS, GOOD WILL HUNTING, MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE, and MEN IN BLACK I & II. Together with the Batman films, Elfman has completed a superhero trifecta, composing for two films in the Batman series, two films in the SPIDER-MAN series, and 2003’s HULK.

Based upon Mark Millar’s explosive graphic novel series and helmed by stunning visualist director Timur Bekmambetov—creator of the most successful Russian film franchise in history, the Night Watch series—WANTED tells the tale of one apathetic nobody’s transformation into an unparalleled enforcer of justice.

In 2008, the world will be introduced to a hero for a new generation: Wesley Gibson. 25-year-old Wes (James McAvoy) was the most disaffected, cube-dwelling drone the planet had ever known. His boss chewed him out hourly, his girlfriend ignored him routinely and his life plodded on interminably. Everyone was certain this disengaged slacker would amount to nothing. There was little else for Wes to do but wile away the days and die in his slow, clock-punching rut. Until he met a woman named Fox (Angelina Jolie). After his estranged father is murdered, the deadly sexy Fox recruits Wes into the Fraternity, a secret society led by Sloan (Morgan Freeman) that trains Wes to avenge his dad’s death by unlocking his dormant powers. But, slowly, he begins to realize there is more to his dangerous associates than meets the eye. And as he wavers between newfound heroism and vengeance, Wes will come to learn what no one could ever teach him: he alone controls his destiny

Universal Pictures presents WANTED, in theaters on June 27, 2008. WANTED original soundtrack on Lakeshore Records will be available in stores and via iTunes on June 24th.

###

For more information contact: cinemediapromo@yahoo.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2008
    What's the reward money for Danny Elfman then?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote

'Bout TrreeFi'ty
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008
    Steven wrote

That's exactly what I thought when I looked at the title!! lol
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2009
    How many copies of Wanted were printed in the end? It's inanely hard to find it for a reasonable price.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What do you find reasonable?
    http://www.amazon.com/Wanted-Danny-Elfman/dp/B0019Y8G5M seems more than reasonable to me. confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's still quite pricey when you include shipping. I was waiting on buying this until it came down in price, but it seems it's OOP and only going up!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Anthony wrote
    It's still quite pricey when you include shipping. I was waiting on buying this until it came down in price, but it seems it's OOP and only going up!

OOP?!? It just came out!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The same goes for Mancina's score to Shooter. Again, pretty pricey considering its age!
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=9951

I was listening it yesterday. Last tracks are a bit boring and repetitive, but still quite enjoyable album.
  2. and from what I've heard of it, its quality.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    It's pretty good, I think, it's one of the couple of latest Elfman scores I've purchased - and the purchase is just worth it for the second track alone!

By the way, to the people who have the CD, I 'wanted' to know if there's also an error on your discs, I think it's right before or after "The Train", that the track should flow into the next track, but it's been pressed with a 2-second gap between the tracks, thus interrupting the flow of the music.
  3. And I love the song.

I was talking about The SHooter.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote

Do you actually buy many CDs? confused This really is a regular price for a CD.
    Rather on the cheap side, actually: most soundtrack CDs on Amazon go for $14.99.
    And what gave you the idea it's out of print? It's WIDELY available?
    Are you actually talking about Wanted? I am getting the feeling we're talking about completely different CDs here?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Martijn wrote
    Anthony wrote

Rather on the cheap side, actually: most soundtrack CDs on Amazon go for $14.99.
    Are you actually talking about Wanted? I am getting the feeling we're talking about completely different CDs here?

Yeah I'm talking about Wanted. $15 seems quite expensive for a CD that's been out for almost a year. I usually go on mini-spending sprees on Amazon picking up about 10 CDs at a time for about $5 each.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Anthony wrote

Yeah I'm talking about Wanted. $15 seems quite expensive for a CD that's been out for almost a year. I usually go on mini-spending sprees on Amazon picking up about 10 CDs at a time for about $5 each.

Perhaps it would comfort you to know that this CD - and most full-price CD's - costs almost $30 in Norwegian record stores? Should put your skimpy $15 in some perspective! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What more I can I say...economic downturn. wink