• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2008
    Yeah, it's in the temporary internet files area. WIll do so soon, thanks.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2008
    Matt's right. You don't need to listen to an entire clip on the internet for it to appear in your temp internet files, you just have to wait for it to load. Open up the window where you can view them, and keep refreshing it until the file appears there. wink
  1. Since it's a temporary file that's (automatically?) deleted from your cache whenever you've finished for the day it should only be a temporary thing. I'm sure that there's some smallprint somewhere that says that once you change the status of this file and keep it permanently then the useage of this proprietary piece of music has changed from that for which it was intended. It thus then becomes an illegal act.

But anyway, I may try this as an alternative to my method - where I record the music whilst it is playing on the site page.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2008
    That ought to reduce the sound quality in some degree.
  2. Christodoulides wrote

Maybe it does, but so far it has done me fine. But, I'll certainly be looking into the alternate method.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2008 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Maybe it does, but so far it has done me fine. But, I'll certainly be looking into the alternate method.

It can, but only if you're recording it at at lower bitrate than it's already playing at. Anything higher will just be using hard drive space. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2008
    Perhaps some good news - Island Of Lost Souls is going to be remade (by the same director) in English:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=23027

Will Jane make a triumphant return?
    • CommentAuthorKing Rao
    Why should Nikolaj Arcel hire Cornish to imitate John Williams again when he's now in a position to hire John Williams directly?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Perhaps Williams does not want to work on the film? It seems to me that Williams is becoming very picky with his non-Spielberg gigs nowadays, and quite rightly so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    King Rao wrote
    Why should Nikolaj Arcel hire Cornish to imitate John Williams again when he's now in a position to hire John Williams directly?

rolleyes

Cornish's music is more than just a Williams rip off. Please point out EXACTLY where Cornish ripped off Williams.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    King Rao wrote

Cornish's score for De fortables Sjaeles O was GREAT. In fact, it was a much better Williams score than Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

... but I don't know if she'll come on to do the remake... I would love to see what she would do the second go-round for English audiences. But Universal will probably want a well-known composer to score it, not John Powell's new orchestrator.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2008 edited
    Matt C wrote
    Universal will probably want a well-known composer to score it, not John Powell's new orchestrator.

Pfft, 3 films while not doing her day job. rolleyes tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2008
    ......only ISLAND OF THE LOST SOULS is ages better than the recent bunch of Powell scores. Some people surprise me with their coldness.
    • CommentAuthorKing Rao
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote

Cornish's music is more than just a Williams rip off.

Well of course it's more than JUST a Williams rip off, Cornish also helped herself to some of David Arnold's Stargate and Independence Day material.

Erik Woods wrote

Please point out EXACTLY where Cornish ripped off Williams.

I have no interest in doing a track by track analysis. All I know is: when I listen to Island Of Lost Souls I can hear the Star Wars prequels, Harry Potter series, and War of the Worlds all over the entire score. If you don't hear it (or don't care) then that's fine with me. Whatever.

Matt C

Cornish's score for De fortables Sjaeles O was GREAT. In fact, it was a much better Williams score than Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I never said it wasn't great or even that it was lousy. In fact, I made no comment about the quality of the music whatsoever. My point was: why get the knock-off when you can get the original?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    King Rao wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Cornish's music is more than just a Williams rip off.

Well of course it's more than JUST a Williams rip off, Cornish also helped herself to some of David Arnold's Stargate and Independence Day material.

Again... where? Is it just in the orchestration or rips of themes and motifs?

Erik Woods wrote
    King Rao wrote
    Please point out EXACTLY where Cornish ripped off Williams.

I have no interest in doing a track by track analysis. All I know is: when I listen to Island Of Lost Souls I can hear the Star Wars prequels, Harry Potter series, and War of the Worlds all over the entire score. If you don't hear it (or don't care) then that's fine with me. Whatever.

I'm interested. You have these claims and I would like you to point them out to all of us. Point out the Star Wars rips. Where is Harry Potter? War of the Worlds?

Matt C
    King Rao wrote

I never said it wasn't great or even that it was lousy. In fact, I made no comment about the quality of the music whatsoever. My point was: why get the knock-off when you can get the original?

Well, the main reason is that Jane Cornish is waaaaaay cheaper to hire than John Williams.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    Matt C
    King Rao wrote

Well, the main reason is that Jane Cornish is waaaaaay cheaper to hire than John Williams.

-Erik-

I wonder what the exact figures are? I'd be interested to know how much Williams usually charges, along with a few other composers too?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Matt C
    King Rao wrote

-Erik-

I wonder what the exact figures are? I'd be interested to know how much Williams usually charges, along with a few other composers too?

I actually had a chart given to me by Film Music Magazine that pointed out the rates for A list composers working in film to beginners working in TV or whatever. I'll try and dig it up. But there was a significant difference but the A's, B's and C's were making millions.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Matt C
    King Rao wrote

-Erik-

I actually had a chart given to me by Film Music Magazien that pointed out the rates for A list composer working in film to beginners working in TV or whatever. I'll try and dig it up. But there was a significent difference but the A's, B's and C's were making millions.

-Erik-

I wonder which composer is the wealthiest? Owning a catalogue of hit songs must top up the earnings massively? I'm thinking the likes of Michael Kamen, John Barry, James Horner etc.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote

I actually had a chart given to me by Film Music Magazine that pointed out the rates for A list composers working in film to beginners working in TV or whatever. I'll try and dig it up. But there was a significant difference but the A's, B's and C's were making millions.

-Erik-

I am interested in that too, if you can find it Erik!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I saw something like this a while ago too. I remember being shocked at how some composers see a million bucks as standard. shocked