• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008 edited
    THE DEATHS OF IAN STONE (CD)
    Elia Cmiral

Limited to 1000!

Included are seven bonus tracks, remixed by Elia himself.

1. Opening 2:45
    2. Harvester Confession 1:33
    3. Attack at Jenny's 1:22
    4. 2nd Murder 2:21
    5. Warning 2:52
    6. Night Visitors 1:59
    7. In the Basement 2:13
    8. Ian Runs Away 1:09
    9. She Changed You 1:36
    10. They Found You 2:06
    11. Restrained 1:29
    12. I Watched a Man Die 1:29
    13. Stop in Rain 1:27
    14. College Memory 2:19
    15. Subway 2:33
    16. Saving Jenny 1:44
    17. Angry Medea 1:48

REMIXES
    18. Attack at Jenny's 0:42
    19. Basement 1:41
    20. Elevator Man 1:01
    21. 1st Murder 0:46
    22. Your Own Kind 1:36
    23. Stop in Rain 0:59
    24. Monsters Attack 0:59

CD COVER / MORE:

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=10053
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008
    COMPOSER ELIA CMIRAL

SCORES

SPLINTER

Premieres at ScreamFestLA on October 16, 2008

In Theaters Halloween 2008

(Los Angeles, CA) Composer Elia Cmiral creates a haunting score for “Splinter,” the first full-length film by award-winning director Toby Wilkins. In the film, a convict and his girlfriend carjack a couple on a weekend retreat in the woods. The couples soon find themselves trapped together in an isolated gas station, on the run from a deadly parasite that occupies the woods outside. Cmiral will attend the film’s premiere at ScreamFestLA as the festival’s Centerpiece film on October 16, 2008. It opens in theaters on October 31, 2008.

ScreamFestLA, a film festival devoted entirely to the horror genre, showcases some of the best independent short and full-length horror films each year. “Splinter” director Toby Wilkins won Best Horror Short for his film “Staring at the Sun” in 2005, garnering the attention of producer Sam Raimi, who then chose Wilkins to produce, direct, and write a number of short films for his production company, Ghost House Pictures. This year, the festival runs from October 10th to October 19th at Grauman’s Mann Chinese 6 Theatres in Hollywood, Calif.

No stranger to the world of thrillers, Cmiral scored “Tooth & Nail” and “The Deaths of Ian Stone,” both featured at last year’s After Dark Horrorfest. Most recently, he finished scoring “Pulse 2: Afterlife,” the sequel to last year’s Wes Craven film, “Pulse,” for which he also wrote the score. This was Cmiral’s second collaboration with Craven, having scored “Wes Craven Presents: They” in 2002. In addition, he scored John Frankenheimer’s suspense thriller “Ronin,” starring Robert DeNiro. Cmiral continues to provide highly original and evocative scores for major Hollywood studios as well as independent filmmakers, including “Journey to the End of the Night,” “Stigmata,” “Bones” and “Species 3.”

Born in Czechoslovakia, Elia Cmiral quickly established himself as one of Europe’s leading young composers after graduating from the prestigious Prague Music Conservatory. He wrote scores for several European films and three ballets before coming to the United States to attend USC’s famous Film Scoring Program, after which he was hired to produce tango-based music for “Apartment Zero,” composing a now-classic full length score in a scant ten days. By the mid-1990s, Cmiral had garnered a reputation with Hollywood executives, leading to his scoring the successful “Nash Bridges” television series.

Author: Costa Communications
  1. Another horror...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, talking about being typecast. But i think he pulls them off pretty well.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    D,

Capitalise the composer title! smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    D,

Capitalise the composer title! smile

I was just thinking of saying that. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I've been ear challenged with him!
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    I've been ear challenged with him!
    Thomas smile

LOL biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2008
    COMPOSER ELIA CMIRAL
    SCORES
    SPLINTER
    Splinter Sweeps the Awards Ceremony at ScreamFestLA
    In Theaters Halloween 2008

(Los Angeles, CA) Composer Elia Cmiral creates a haunting score for “Splinter,” the first full-length film by award-winning director Toby Wilkins. Splinter premiered at ScreamFestLA and swept the awards ceremony, including Cmiral taking home the award for “Best Musical Score.” The movie also won “Best Editing,” “Best Makeup,” “Best Direction” and “Best Picture.” In the film, a convict and his girlfriend carjack a couple on a weekend retreat in the woods. The couples soon find themselves trapped together in an isolated gas station, on the run from a deadly parasite that occupies the woods outside. “Splinter” opens in theaters on October 31, 2008.

ScreamFestLA, a film festival devoted entirely to the horror genre, showcases some of the best independent short and full-length horror films each year. “Splinter” director Toby Wilkins won Best Horror Short for his film “Staring at the Sun” in 2005, garnering the attention of producer Sam Raimi, who then chose Wilkins to produce, direct, and write a number of short films for his production company, Ghost House Pictures. This year, the festival was held at Grauman’s Mann Chinese 6 Theatres in Hollywood, Calif.

No stranger to the world of thrillers, Cmiral scored “Tooth & Nail” and “The Deaths of Ian Stone,” both featured at last year’s After Dark Horrorfest. Most recently, he finished scoring “Pulse 2: Afterlife,” the sequel to last year’s Wes Craven film, “Pulse,” for which he also wrote the score. This was Cmiral’s second collaboration with Craven, having scored “Wes Craven Presents: They” in 2002. In addition, he scored John Frankenheimer’s suspense thriller “Ronin,” starring Robert DeNiro. Cmiral continues to provide highly original and evocative scores for major Hollywood studios as well as independent filmmakers, including “Journey to the End of the Night,” “Stigmata,” “Bones” and “Species 3.”

Born in Czechoslovakia, Elia Cmiral quickly established himself as one of Europe’s leading young composers after graduating from the prestigious Prague Music Conservatory. He wrote scores for several European films and three ballets before coming to the United States to attend USC’s famous Film Scoring Program, after which he was hired to produce tango-based music for “Apartment Zero,” composing a now-classic full length score in a scant ten days. By the mid-1990s, Cmiral had garnered a reputation with Hollywood executives, leading to his scoring the successful “Nash Bridges” television series.

Author: Costa Communications
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2008
    Anyone heard this? i generally like Cmiral's dark sound and this is awarded too..
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2009
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Film Composer Elia Cmiral Delivers Horrifying Score

For Psychological Thriller “Forget Me Not”

Premiering at Screamfest LA Film Festival Oct. 22 2009

(Los Angeles, CA)- Celebrated film composer, Elia Cmiral is scoring “Forget Me Not”, a mind-twisting horror movie, making a terrifying appearance at Screamfest Horror Film Festival 2009. Cmiral is well versed in the horror genre and has already won best musical score for the film “Splinter” at last year’s Screamfest. His new work, “Forget Me Not” focuses on a group of young and rowdy teenagers who have just graduated from high school; yet with celebration in the air, the vengeful spirit of a friend from their past decides to crash the party. Working with director Tyler Oliver, a musician himself, Cmiral brings emotion and feeling to this horrifying feature through his score, which tends to be much lighter than what is usually assumed for a horror film. Cmiral masterfully utilizes contemporary sounds, drum loops, guitar and bass into his works. The emotion of the movie shines through on the piano pieces which thematically reoccur throughout the film.

The teenage horror film does not take itself too seriously like many movies in this genre tend to do; instead it offers a highly entertaining and seriously scary experience with some unexpected twists. The original music has the typical horror flavors to get your heart racing yet also has a sweet, melancholic piano theme, and charming flashback cues which coolly contrast with distorted material for the atmospheric and chase scenes. With a young cast, a musical score that makes you shiver, and a plot that gets your heart racing, ‘Forget Me Not’ will leave every viewer looking over their shoulder as they exit the theater.

‘Forget Me Not’ is a new addition to the Screamfest Film Festival, the premier outlet for horror and sci-fi genres. This year Screamfest will be showcasing ‘Forget Me Not’ on October 22nd at Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood, California. Screamfest began in 2001 by film producers Rachel Belofsky and Ross Martin in order to give horror and sci-fi filmmakers and writers a venue to have their work showcased within the industry. Many great films have come through this festival in the last 8 years, and ‘Forget Me Not’ is sure to be one of them.

No stranger to the world of horror and thriller movies, Elia Cmiral has scored films such as “Stigmata” and “Wrong Turn”. Born in Czechoslovakia, he attended the Prague Music Conservatory, where he studied composition and double bass. In 1989, he moved to America to attend USC's prestigious Scoring for Motion Pictures and Television program, which led to him scoring his first American feature, “Apartment Zero”. Over the next decade, Cmiral continued building a reputation for himself, which lead to his scoring the successful “Nash Bridges” television series. In the last 10 years, Elia has written over two-dozen scores for independent films, TV and major studios.

[Author: Costa Communications]
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2009
    Not too hot on this one, to be honest. I've got his suspense score THE DEATHS OF IAN STONE and it's not only a huge bore, it's the complete anti-thesis of a good listening experience. Just a bunch of moody drones and sneaking-around cues. And the occasional stinger. Blah!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2012
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2012
    I've yet to get around to listening to it.
    Tom
  2. I thought that it had some interesting orchestrations buried in amongst the "crash-bang-whallop".
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'll give it a listen
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I liked his Battlefield Earth score. Perhaps you've seen the film? A true classic it is. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    haven't seen the film Tim
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You're better off for it Tom.
  3. I liked the book. I remember reading it took up a significant amount of time on holiday once. If I remember correctly, the book makes reference to my home town, Falkirk.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2014
    this guy still writes? smile http://filmmusicreporter.com/2014/07/28 … announced/