• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorJoris
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2008
    Ok, perhaps I was wrong on 'Panda'-score, but it's funny though that the media ventures clan always makes the most fuzz on these forums.

Anyways, perhaps Joe Hisaishi would've made a hell of a score out of Kungfu-panda!!! smile Ok, the dude is japanese, but even so... he would've made the oriental touch far more interesting and real!

yeah, you might say I didn't like the Panda score that much slant

Me again
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    JOE HISAISHI! Now you're talking, imagine what HE would have come up with instead of the rc stuff (was going to say crap but .... i didn't :P) we get all the time! Legend of the king and the four gods is one of the most mindblowingly good scores i've heard the last 5 years or so!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    JOE HISAISHI! Now you're talking, imagine what HE would have come up with instead of the rc stuff (was going to say crap but .... i didn't :P)

Except you just did. biggrin tongue
  1. Any other comments about JNH doing LOTR? Did anyone else try to put the video and Tooth and Claw together?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, that is relevant mate, imo. Not many action tracks won't fit on action scenes around the world of cinema you know. Same goes for drama, suspense, thriller, epic stuff, all of them, if properly edited.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2008
    John Powell - Ice Age

David Newman's score was not bad (I like "Opening Travel Music"), but I thought Powell's odd music for The Meltdown was perfectly fit in the funny characters and unique design...
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Hans Zimmer - The Mummy 3

More "Pirate Lord of Singapore" stuff is exactly what I wanted from this film and Hans Zimmer's involvement would guarantee that.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    THE DARK KNIGHT - Michael Giacchino

Because I cannot even begin to imagine what awesome stuff he would come up with for the Joker.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009
    Avatar - James Newton Howard or Howard Shore.

Perhaps there would have been more originality and innovation if the music was written by either of these two given the lengthy post production schedule. Especially JNH. Besides, none of these two tend to reuse their older stuff in a way that is so into your face.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil

James - Alan would have done wonder if they have worked together.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Shore? Mmmmkay..Silvestri would be interesting but overall the project couldn't scream 'HORNER' any louder wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think Justin should have scored it. (With orchestrations from Nicholas Dodd of course.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sylvos wrote

Perhaps there would have been more originality and innovation if the music was written by either of these two given the lengthy post production schedule. Especially JNH. Besides, none of these two tend to reuse their older stuff in a way that is so into your face.

[Tart response]Shore does it quite a lot more than Horner. Howard doesn't, but that's because he's generally busy using other people's stuff.[/Tart response]
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ooh, you bitch.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Sylvos wrote

[Tart response]Shore does it quite a lot more than Horner. Howard doesn't, but that's because he's generally busy using other people's stuff.[/Tart response]

Oooooooo!!! biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Some of Horner's best work and interesting work, occured during his prolific period, and having musicians from Incantation perform and make up parts of the score on the spot (not something commonly known). If Horner could have backed himself into his heyday scoring style, and gathered up Incantation and let them do their thing as needed, "Avatar" could have been a hell of a score.

As another compsoer said (I forget who at this moment): a composer's work is as good as the people he surrounds himself with.

Obviously this doesn't apply to every composer (like Goldsmith and Morricone, for example), but I wonder who Horner has been surrounding himself with these passed ten years.

If Basil or Walker were still alive, either of them would have been a good choice.

"Escape From Witch Mountain" would have been great Marc Shaiman territory.

"Aliens In the Attic" ... I want to say Broughton since he's underused, but I would have loved for one of the "Family Guy" composers to get a shot, like Ron Jones. Sure the film would still suck donkey balls, but at least a good score could have come from it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.