• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008 edited
    Oops!

Okay, I'll do this now!

EDIT: The link doesn't work. :/
    Kazoo
  1. Bregt wrote
    EDIT: The link doesn't work. :/

Okay. In that case, I'll end the game in a few minutes. So much for using sendspace.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. haha Bregt is shut out out of his own site biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008 edited
    It worked! Just wait half an hour.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008
    slant

Tomorrow morning it will be. I just have been informed of a drink.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2008 edited
    Final scores:

Southall - 29
    plindboe - 26
    Tommy_Boy - 15
    Antineutrino - 14
    Timmer - 10
    Bregt - 9
    Bregje - 4

Bregt files a score right at the last gasp of the game but it's not enough to secure victory. That honour goes to James.

punk

Answers:

01 - "Main Title" - Dodge City (0) - Max Steiner (1) (from Gerhardt re-recording)
    02 - "Red River Crossing" - Red River (3) - Dmitri Tiomkin (4) (Morgan/Stromberg re-recording)
    03 - "Main Title" - Broken Arrow (0) - Hugo Friedhofer (0)
    04 - "End Title" - The Searchers (0) - Max Steiner (0)
    05 - "Main Title" - The Big Country (4) - Jerome Moross (4)
    06 - "Cheyennes" - How The West Was Won (4) - Alfred Newman (4)
    07 - "Main Title" - Rio Conchos (3) - Jerry Goldsmith (4)
    08 - "Heroic Mexico" - A Gun For Ringo (2) - Ennio Morricone (5)
    09 - "Concert Suite" - The Sons of Katie Elder (3) - Elmer Bernstein (6) (from Tadlow's True Grit re-recording)
    10 - "La Resa Dei Conti (Titoli - Ripresa)" - La Resa dei Conti (5) - Ennio Morricone (7)
    11 - "Assault On The Train and Escape" - The Wild Bunch (1) - Jerry Fielding (1)
    12 - "Guitar Nocturne" - Death Rides A Horse (2) - Ennio Morricone (3)
    13 - "Main Title" - 100 Rifles (2) - Jerry Goldsmith (4)
    14 - "Concert Suite" - Big Jake (1) - Elmer Bernstein (1) (from Tadlow's True Grit re-recording)
    15 - "Murdering Horse Thieves" - Lonesome Dove (3) - Basil Poledouris (3)
    16 - "The Great Ride" - Buffalo Girls (1) - Lee Holdridge (1)
    17 - "The Last Gunfight" - Outlaws (1) - Clint Bajakian (1)
    18 - "The Cattle Drive" - The Hi-Lo Country (4) - Carter Burwell (4)
    19 - "Butch and Sundance: Main Title" - The Legend of Butch & Sundance (6) - Basil Poledouris (6)
    20 - "Deadly Cargo and Hollister's Ambush" - Gun (2) - Christopher Lennertz (2)

Thanks to all who took part.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2008
    Is it me, or do all Bernstein westerns sound so similar!?

I should have gotten at least 4 more points.
    Kazoo
  3. Bregt wrote
    Is it me, or do all Bernstein westerns sound so similar!?

I should have gotten at least 4 more points.

Bernstein's western scores - at least the clips I focused on - were all quite similar. That's what made them so great. There was a part that was "the same" but the score-to-score variations introduced something that made them all individual. And worth listening to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2008 edited
    Argh, was just about to give it a second go, to try to reach 1st place. It's my own fault though, there have been plenty of time.

I'm surprised I'm the only one who guessed "The wild bunch", and thrilled that I was also the only one to get "Outlaws". I recommend that score highly, it's pure Morricone parody, and great fun too.

Great clips for sure. I wish there were track titles in the answers, but I understand that it would have taken a while to write.

Peter punk
  4. plindboe wrote
    Great clips for sure. I wish there were track titles in the answers, but I understand that it would have taken a while to write.

I'll need to go back and hunt the specific tracks out but I'll add the titles when I have them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2008
    Hooray! I think I identified all the ones I've actually heard. Thanks for doing the game, Alan.

Has anyone got anything lined up for a new game?
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    plindboe wrote

I'll need to go back and hunt the specific tracks out but I'll add the titles when I have them.

Track titles added, Peter.
  6. Southall wrote

I do have another - a tough "hidden treasures"-type set - but I'll let someone else have a go. Besides, I have still to set some hints for the clips.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Track titles added, Peter.

Thanks alot, much appreciated!

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Southall wrote
    Hooray! I think I identified all the ones I've actually heard. Thanks for doing the game, Alan.

I'll have a game ready within some days. If someone has a game ready I can do the next one.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I should have sent my last guesses in to bump my score to 17.....the fact I wouldn't have made a dent is what stopped me!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I have a game ready but I am having problems uploading because of my horrible connection speed... tongue
  7. Hmn, thanks for the game Alan, I liked 10 a lot, I think I must be checking it out someday wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2008
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Hmn, thanks for the game Alan, I liked 10 a lot, I think I must be checking it out someday wink

Check out this track. Film music have never kicked more ass.

Peter punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Hmn, thanks for the game Alan, I liked 10 a lot, I think I must be checking it out someday wink

Peter punk

Love it! Have it! punk cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. plindboe wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

Peter punk

hehe, very cool! Typical Morricone punk
  9. plindboe wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

Peter punk

Cheers, Peter! I checked my mp3 player and for some reason I had forgotten to load this cue onto my player. Situation now rectified!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Got a game ready. Shall I put it up now?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote

Go for it Ravi smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Go for it Ravi smile

Ok, going to put it up now biggrin