• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008 edited
    That's it!

Nice hot evening. Candles, dinner, your spouse / hottie / your love / your wife (or man if you're a lady wink ) or your deadly hot one night stand(s) (if you're Thor ) a little alcohol in your systems to get the spirits running (don't overdo it though 'cause then you can kiss Mr. Jiggy's high flag parade goodbye), lots of appetite and passionate lust for each other at high levels, everything's ready and set.

You're nearing the stereo system and you want to have some film music* as a background to help setting the mood and get the sexy juices running.

So; What scores / pieces would you play? wave kiss

* Although i would advice against it. Having the romantic violin of THE VILLAGE playing in the background while you're getting Shyamalaney on the couch only to be brutally interrupted by the loud abrupt horror cuts and hits that you were too busy to program out of the playlist, is NOT A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE at all i can assure you
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    The Village? Na'h a Shyamalan film score hardly works for me in occasions like that. I'd recommend Anna and the King by George Fenton. Simon's Theme from Marc Shaiman's Simon Birch may also be a good addition.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008
    I would not play film music at all.
    Because I can only focus on one thing at a time, I would get really annoyed when she kept chattering over the music!
    Seriously, either the date or the music would become distracting I guess...

The Village? Hm, interesting choice. Even just the violin parts, that doesn't sound too romantic to me at all, a bit too melancholic perhaps?

For some reason The House of Flying Daggers comes to mind.
    And when it's time for some action maybe some percussive scores like Battlestar Galactica.
    tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Loch Ness by Trevor Jones comes to my mind... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregje wrote
    And when it's time for some action maybe some percussive scores like Battlestar Galactica.
    tongue

HOLY CRAP that's some good............action! punk wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    "You Go, We Go" - "Fahrenheit 451" - "Show Me your Firetruck" from Backdraft.
    Not playing it loud as usual but half of the volume though.

Damn I HAVE TO try this ASAP biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Sylvos wrote
    I'd recommend Anna and the King by George Fenton.

Funny, to me also some quiet eastern music came to mind.

Maybe girls like music such as Rachel Portman's Legend of Bagger Vance or Chocolat?
    Chocolat would be nice while having diner perhaps.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Eastern Promises by Howard Shore also features gorgeous violins that I feel would be great for such an occassion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines by Ron Goodwin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sweet. Although CHOCOLAT will probably have the same down-effect on me as lots of alcohol biggrin
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I start playing music while having diner... You're doing it all wrong Demetris wink

There are quite some things that work really well.

-Acoustic guitar (preferably Spanish) score works for me. Say the second track of Hable Con Ella, Ethan & Nyah from MI2, The Straight Story selections etc.

-Soft music, some of it a bit erotic; Lucia Y El Sexio (Iglesias), Piano Works (Armstrong), selections of Preisner scores...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am not using music usually. I am asking what you people do wink
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I'm also not into using music a lot. Depends on the girl. If I know she likes that sort of music I play it. Sometimes...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Some Desplat perhaps? Girl with a Pearl Earring?

For jigs, I recommend An Everlasting Piece and the second cd of Titanic (Back to Titanic). wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    CONAN!, of course!
    THUNDERING THE THRONE ON HIS AQUILATIC BROW, NOW THE OCEANS DRINK ATLANTIS, WENCH!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Martijn wrote
    CONAN!, of course!
    THUNDERING THE THRONE ON HIS AQUILATIC BROW, NOW THE OCEANS DRINK ATLANTIS, WENCH!

biggrin biggrin
    You're unbelievable,but I guess you know that already!

I don't have a specific score in mind.After all there is not always much space for music when you are with your loved one,you become music to each other.But for these sweet moments when you want to relax together I think that a compilation of calm and melodic cues you both enjoy is the best solution. smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    when you are with your loved one,you become music to each other.

A lovely phrase. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Thank you Martijn dear. smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Stavroula wrote
    After all there is not always much space for music when you are with your loved one,you become music to each other.But for these sweet moments when you want to relax together I think that a compilation of calm and melodic cues you both enjoy is the best solution. smile

Charming idea! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    CONAN!, of course!

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, HEAR THE LAMENT OF THEY'RE WOMEN!

Good ol' Conan sure knows how to treat em right beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PLAYING BY HEART - JOHN BARRY

Not a single passion killing track on the entire album. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    So that Barry score did actually work or do you think it would work? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Joep wrote
    So that Barry score did actually work or do you think it would work? wink

It would work.

My girl Mel loves the score too! cool
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I think we can all guess the score Tommy_boy uses, even when he doesn't expect much; The Glimmerman!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am asking what you people do wink

Wouldn't know. Haven't done it yet. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote
    ...or your deadly hot one night stand(s) (if you're Thor )

lol
  1. Joep wrote
    I think we can all guess the score Tommy_boy uses, even when he doesn't expect much; The Glimmerman!

Joep, only dutch people assume they think they know what Belgian musical lovers like!

And as for me, why need music, I don't need music to get my date hot as hell tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I've made a playlist with everything my girlfriend loves called "Stuff Jane likes" (Imaginative title, I know). There are currently 976 tracks in there and 2,2 days of music. Some tracks from the playlist one could all describe as "our song", which means alot to us both because of their history in our relationship include:

"L'air du soir" from "Naran" (André Gagnon)
    "Dinner with friends" from "Dinner with friends" (Dave Grusin)
    "Quess paraya" from "Gundam: Char's counterattack" (Shigeaki Saegusa)
    "Girl on my porch" from "Butterfly" (Ennio Morricone)
    "El mundial (Slow version)" from "El mundial" (Ennio Morricone)
    "End credits" from "Fat man and little boy" (Ennio Morricone)
    "For love one can die" from "For love one can die" (Ennio Morricone)
    "Main title" from "A little romance" (Georges Delerue)
    "Unfaithful" from "Unfaithful" (Jan A.P. Kaczmarek)
    "Nøglen til paradis" from "Nøglen til paradis" (Bent Fabricius-Bjerre)
    "The death of Falstaff" from "Henry V" (Patrick Doyle)
    "Takuro & Azu" from "Affectionate time" (Toshiyuki Watanabe)
    "Epilogue" from "Taegukgi" (Dong Jun Lee)

...I doubt this was what the OP asked for though, as there are several very different moods in these tracks.

If I had to choose a single album that would "help setting the mood and get the sexy juices running" then it would without doubt be Morricone's "Butterfly". It's got to be the most erotic and gorgeous album in history. Just have to program out the couple of tension tracks of course, and the rest is melodic bliss.

Peter kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008
    Joep wrote
    I'm also not into using music a lot. Depends on the girl. If I know she likes that sort of music I play it. Sometimes...

Humans' on-location, live sound design is always more interesting and varied than your average film score indeed. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008
    plindboe wrote
    If I had to choose a single album that would "help setting the mood and get the sexy juices running" then it would without doubt be Morricone's "Butterfly". It's got to be the most erotic and gorgeous album in history. Just have to program out the couple of tension tracks of course, and the rest is melodic bliss.

Peter kiss

Sweet!