• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Hi there film score film score fans I have created a petition for releases for scores of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Media.

Here is the URL: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/pettur12/petition.html
    Please it would be a great honor if you would sign it. Thanks in advance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2008
    Signed smile

Good luck with the petition, mate! beer
  2. Thanks so much Hopefully they would most likely be released in light of the turtles 25th anniversary or beyond it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I find this peculiar on several levels. First, of course, is the sheer futility of an online petition. But even if there was a 1% chance of an online petition being successful (which there isn't), what's the point of petitioning Warner Bros.? They're a film company, not a record label.

If you really want this released then why not write to Robert Townson at Varese, or Douglass Fake at Intrada, or Lukas Kendall at FSM? If those guys don't release it, nobody will. It's nothing to do with Warner Bros., it hasn't been released because nobody has wanted to release it.
  3. Has an online petition in a case like this ever been successful? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Southall wrote
    If you really want this released then why not write to Robert Townson at Varese, or Douglass Fake at Intrada, or Lukas Kendall at FSM? If those guys don't release it, nobody will.

It's best to contact them, yeah. You might want to wait till the petition gets enough signatures and them write to them and give them information about the petition also.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2008 edited
    Antineutrino wrote
    Has an online petition in a case like this ever been successful? confused

Godzilla was successful... lucky Sony decided to sell the rights.

BTW, does anyone know if Disney owns the rights to the score of Lion King? I hear rumours that they own rights to only the songs, while Hans Zimmer owns rights to the score. Apparently there hasn't been an expanded release yet because Hans himself arranged those bits of score into the album tracks and he feels that "it's all that needs to be there"... slant tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Disney owns the rights.

What do you mean, the Godzilla petition was successful? Are you saying that the album would not have been released if there had not been an online petition? In which case I say you are wrong!

But regardless of whether an online petition can ever be successful, petitioning the film company isn't going to do any good whatsoever. The only way that would be the right thing to do would be if there were a record label who wanted to release the stuff, but Warner Bros. was preventing them from doing so. One imagines that that is not the case (though I stand to be corrected). The reason it hasn't been released is because nobody wants to release it. It's like setting up a petition telling me that I must release an album of the music I wrote for my music project at school. I am not a record label, so I cannot. The way to do it would be to write to a record label and ask them to release it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Southall wrote
    What do you mean, the Godzilla petition was successful? Are you saying that the album would not have been released if there had not been an online petition? In which case I say you are wrong!

No, I mean that the petition certainly catalysed the release of the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2008 edited
    I didn't either, but was it a coincidence that it was released after ten whole years, around the time the petition was created? I dunno... tongue

Disney owns the rights

If it's true, methinks they won't have anything to lose by selling the rights since they don't apparently have anything to do with it... it's the songs they're concerned about wink
  4. No, also the score. The studio has the rights to the music. That's the basic point in film score contracts.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    DemonStar wrote
    Disney owns the rights

If it's true, methinks they won't have anything to lose by selling the rights since they don't apparently have anything to do with it... it's the songs they're concerned about wink

Disney doesn't sell the rights to anything. They might licence things out (but absolutely not for The Lion King, it's far too big) but they don't sell anything. I'm afraid I think your only hope for an expanded album is if Disney Records releases it. You never know!
  5. voila I've signed it, even though it might not do much rolleyes
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2008 edited
    Southall wrote
    Disney doesn't sell the rights to anything. They might licence things out (but absolutely not for The Lion King, it's far too big) but they don't sell anything. I'm afraid I think your only hope for an expanded album is if Disney Records releases it. You never know!

Who knows, they might license the rights or release it, it's always worth the try. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2008
    Don't know about online petitions in particular, but the huge internet buzz about the demand on a possible LOST SEASON 3 CD certainly gave results, imo. Or AT LEAST aided the final appearance of those very results.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Don't know about online petitions in particular, but the huge internet buzz about the demand on a possible LOST SEASON 3 CD certainly gave results, imo. Or AT LEAST aided the final appearance of those very results.

They were going to release it anyway. Trust me, there will be a Lost Season 4 soundtrack... no matter how much internet buzz there is.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    God, i want that already wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    What about Transformers?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Steve Jablonsky said Transformers' OST was already in the works, just took longer than usual to release I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I could start an online petition to say "I demand that 25th July is a Friday this year!" and then come on here next week and say "look how successful my online petition was! It's 25th July and it's a Friday!"

Just because there was an online petition for something which eventually happened does not in any way imply the former caused the latter. At least in the world of film music it has never, and will never, happen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But does anyone know for sure?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Southall wrote
    I could start an online petition to say "I demand that 25th July is a Friday this year!" and then come on here next week and say "look how successful my online petition was! It's 25th July and it's a Friday!"

Just because there was an online petition for something which eventually happened does not in any way imply the former caused the latter. At least in the world of film music it has never, and will never, happen.

Interesting example/analogy...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote

Awesome. Although they're worthy causes if people genuinely want the music to be released, I've always seen these petitions as a little fruitless. There are more affective ways of acquiring music that hasn't been officially released than signing an online petition. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    There are more affective ways of acquiring music that hasn't been officially released than signing an online petition. wink

There sure are, but it's tough when no one wishes to help with it... tongue And there's no written law to say that a online petition will never work. You never know what can happen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008
    DemonStar wrote
    Steven wrote
    There are more affective ways of acquiring music that hasn't been officially released than signing an online petition. wink

There sure are, but it's tough when no one wishes to help with it... tongue And there's no written law to say that a online petition will never work. You never know what can happen.

True. That's why have signed the Lion King petition.