• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008
    Martijn wrote
    I would have gotten 2, so everyone would have beaten me! biggrin
    Let's hear it for yourselves!

I'm guessing Rocky or Wind? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Rocky. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Not the Delerue and Poledouriseses? (And perhaps a Goldsmith one?) confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Steven wrote
    I would have got 14, so you definitely would have beaten me too! 32 is quite impressive, and I'm surprised you knew that many to be honest!? (Not that I'm accusing of any foul play. wink)

Well I don't have all of the scores used in the game but the clues, and the fact that they are presented in chronological order, did allow me to make some educated guesses.

Well done to BhelPuri though! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote

Nope.
    Me 'n' sports scores... :shrug:
    I might conceivably have guessed a couple of composers by their specific styles, but the only one I'm sure I would have gotten is Adrian.
    Ahem.
    Rocky.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote

Nope.
    Me 'n' sports scores... :shrug:
    I might conceivably have guessed a couple of composers by their specific styles, but the only one I'm sure I would have gotten is Adrian.
    Ahem.
    Rocky.

AAADRIAAAAANNNN! Curl your lip and mumble it loudly! cheesy wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. we haven't lost the appetite my friend, we just aren't into sports tongue
    Anyway, I should've known a couple more if I see the answers now, ah well better luck next time

I can throw a game together in a couple of hours if nobody minds??

It will probably be my last Hidden Treasures game shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008
    Good game, James! I didn't get any of those last few clips. I was mighty pleased (mistakenly, I realize) into thinking that #22 was Preisner's Sportsman of the Century. Wasn't Morricone supposed to that originally?
    Nice set of hints as well. They weren't too direct but had something to dig into.

LSH,
    That's an excellent performance no matter what the result. beer

Southall wrote
    Not too many entrants this time, which leads me to wonder if people have lost the appetite for these games?

I thought it has more to do with people being busy these days. Heck, Franz hasn't taken part in ages.
    Perhaps we should shorten the game to 12-15 clips so it won't take too long to listen to all clips a couple of times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    BhelPuri wrote
    Good game, James! I didn't get any of those last few clips. I was mighty pleased (mistakenly, I realize) into thinking that #22 was Preisner's Sportsman of the Century. Wasn't Morricone supposed to that originally?

Yep.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Southall wrote
    17: Seabiscuit - Randy Newman
    18: Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius - James Horner

Hm... I had those on my short list of possible answers but didn't know them well enough to recognize them in the game!

10: Field of Dreams - James Horner

Hey, wow, so 10 was Field of Dreams? I want my 10 points then!
    dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Oops, sorry Bregje. Please accept my apologies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Apologies (and extra 2 points wink ), accepted! wave

I must say that I was a bit confused that the one of the four baseball clips that sounded the most like Horner was not Horner.... but it was! Phew.
  2. Third from bottom with 24 points! As a rule, sports movies are not my thing. And it has been so long since I heard the clips I'll have to relisten to them to see if there are any titles I need to track down!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2016
    This competition has closed. Please don't send any further entries. They will not be considered for any prizes. I have informed my lawyers and your lawyers that the arbitration process cannot conclude without input from on high. This is being sought.

Now let's play another game. One for the adults. Who is with me? I must point out that nobody can handle my genitals unless he or she is wearing gloves. I have considered all options here and am not speaking lightly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2016
    Ha, ha....cute. But I'm all for having more 'Guess the Score' competitions, now that it's been ressurected!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2016
    I wanted to do one for 9 years MT but I just don't find the time! shocked sad
    Kazoo