• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2008
    Wow. So even China has a Remote Control studio.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

2008 ( TWO. THOUSAND. and. EIGHT! ) drummers playing drums that lit up right at the begining was awesome.

2004, Greece had hundreds of bouzouki and drum players opening up via a marvelous piece written by Stavros Xarhakos. Ring any similarity bells? wink

Your point being? confused

Is it so hard to understand?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yes, evidently.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I caught some of the opening ceremony during my lunch hour. There were a group of us at work watching it on the big TV in the canteen. We were looking out for all the Panasonic Astrovision screens! tongue
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    I just woke up.... I guess I lost my chance to see it?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yup, and it was one EPIC show. AWESOME music too! I want it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    What I wouldn't give to plug my music library into the Birdnest stadium. I would lay right in the middle of the stadium with a deck chair and a Martini at hand (cause 'Martini' just sounds cool). lick
  1. It was an amazing show, though we fast forwarded the entry of the athleths. Even the fast forwarding felt like three days. biggrin

I loved the drummers, I loved when the five rings rose up, I loved that scroll thing, and the scene with the rising and falling cubes was simply breathtaking. The sequence about the chinese fleet was amazing, especially the score.

After all, a fantastic event.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2008 edited
    I wholeheartedly agree with everything Steven and Ralph just said! It was exactly what I was thinking! wink

There's no way we can top this in 2012. spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2008
    Anthony wrote

I really doubt anybody could top this year´s ceremony. It´s been really spectacular.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2008
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

I really doubt anybody could top this year´s ceremony. It´s been really spectacular.

Agreed! IMO it was nothing short of epic!! biggrin
  2. the performance with the percussion was absolutely breathtaking, these guys sure know how to bring something extra ordinary shocked
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2008 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    The sequence about the chinese fleet was amazing, especially the score.

After all, a fantastic event.

Anyone dare take a guess as to who wrote that piece?
  3. Was it Rona?

What did Penderecki write? I know he had a piece commissioned.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Yup, and it was one EPIC show. AWESOME music too! I want it!

Me too!

I guess it's not impossible that there may be a CD release?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2008
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Was it Rona?

What did Penderecki write? I know he had a piece commissioned.

Penderecki? I NEED TO HEAR THAT! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2008 edited
    I vote for George Fenton, David Arnold, Murray Gold, Patrick Doyle, Edward Shearmur and John Powell to write music for the 2012 Olympics! biggrin

punk punk punk punk punk

Edit: although I have to admit the range of talent that's been showed by young British composers at the Proms this year has been fantastic, they certainly deserve the job too. But when it comes to writing themes, memorable riffs, film composers are THE guys (and gals?) to go to.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2008
    Steven wrote
    I vote for George Fenton, David Arnold, Murray Gold, Patrick Doyle, Edward Shearmur and John Powell to write music for the 2012 Olympics! biggrin

punk punk punk punk punk

Edit: although I have to admit the range of talent that's been showed by young British composers at the Proms this year has been fantastic, they certainly deserve the job too. But when it comes to writing themes, memorable riffs, film composers are THE guys (and gals?) to go to.

One name....

JOHN BARRY
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I would actually have zero problem with Barry doing it. Despite my age...or lack of it...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'd be interested to hear what he would produce for sure, but he's far from my first choice when it comes to Olympic music. I can just here Timmer saying "it's a good job it's not your choice then!"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Scribe wrote
    I would actually have zero problem with Barry doing it. Despite my age...or lack of it...

I was a bit surprised Steven gave a great list but left out Britain's 'Guv'ner' of filmmusic.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I'd be interested to hear what he would produce for sure, but he's far from my first choice when it comes to Olympic music. I can just here Timmer saying "it's a good job it's not your choice then!"

YEAP! tongue

Barry did a great piece for a Ridley Scott 'Kodak' commercial which might indicate the direction he would go with a piece of music.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Scribe wrote

What's age got to do with it Matt?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    China's reputation might be a 'bit' dodgy

Like Pol Pot was a 'bit' of a rascal.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

YEAP! tongue

Barry did a great piece for a Ridley Scott 'Kodak' commercial which might indicate the direction he would go with a piece of music.

I know you'll want to kill me for this, but most of Barry's music bores me. I've tried to become a fan, but I've failed each time. His music rarely floats my boat. sleep

(But I do appreciate his importance in the world of film music, and I do respect him as a composer.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

YEAP! tongue

I know you'll want to kill me for this, but most of Barry's music bores me. I've tried to become a fan, but I've failed each time. His music rarely floats my boat. sleep

(But I do appreciate his importance in the world of film music, and I do respect him as a composer.)

I hope you have a strong neck because my hands are exceptionally powerful! however you'll be safe on your mountain bike as I'd never catch you wink

Seriously though, it doesn't bother me and everyone has they're own opinion.

I see you included Murray Gold in your list of composers, I presume you've caught up with his material then!? cool

Apart from Barry, I'd add Karl Jenkins, Mike Oldfield and David Bedford to the list but let's be honest here, you just know that they'll commission Paul McCartney ( just cos I love The Beatles doesn't mean I think his solo stuff is anything more than crap ), Elton John, Phil Collins, Westlife ( Shitelife morelike! ) and Andrew Fucking Lloyd Webber.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Now I feel depressed... sad

I would of course pick John Barry over ANY of those latter choices ANY day.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    Now I feel depressed... sad

I would of course pick John Barry over ANY of those latter choices ANY day.

Note my words, I bet I'm not far off the mark!? rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

YEAP! tongue

Start.Killing.Procedure.

Initiated.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven's as good as dead now! Sorry lad but you shoulda kept yer mouth shut slant wink