• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I can guess some of the composers easy enough, but I just do not have these scores to check on them. Or have the slightest clue what some of them are. Damn it all! dizzy

If I do not come up with anything else by tomorrow night, I guess I'll send it what I have.
    I'm your Piper at the gates of dawn.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2008
    I hope this game continues a bit, I'll send some answers soon.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2008
    I'll give this a try this weekend! smile
  2. Yes don't hold back, and IMDB is your friend, don't ever forget that!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. don't worry, I'll keep this game running all weekend, so you've got all the time
    I am curious to who can beat DreamTheater
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. Update

Demitris has done the impossible, shake off Bregt who enjoys (I hope for him) a sunny trip in Norway, now who's next?

Playing: 6

2. Plindboe: 30 points wave
    3. Southal: 25 points
    4. Christodoulides: 14 points
    5. Bregt: 13 points
    6. Bregje: 5 points shame

Guessed the Bonus: Christodoulides, Bregje & Southal (composer only) and DreamTheater punk

Now's the chance to put your beloved host here last, If that isn't a reason to join now, I don't know what will
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2008
    I'm very disapointed with D, he's letting himself down slant wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Just sent my guesses in - first time in my life biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Just sent my guesses in - first time in my life biggrin

Welcome aboard.

Peter wave
  6. PawelStroinski wrote
    Just sent my guesses in - first time in my life biggrin

Update

His first time, (in 2 times) and wham he is on the second place wink
    Question is, I'm still waiting on the person who can beat numero uno here

Playing: 7

2. PawelStroinski: 32 points wave
    3. Plindboe: 30 points smile
    4. Southal: 25 points
    5. Christodoulides: 14 points
    6. Bregt: 13 points
    7. Bregje: 5 points shame

Guessed the Bonus: Christodoulides, Bregje & Southal (composer only) and DreamTheater and PawelStroinski (composer and work) smile

Now's the chance to put your beloved host here last, If that isn't a reason to join now, I don't know what will
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Man, this game is hard. crazy I only recognise two of the samples, so I won't bother being last in the competition...
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Rian wrote
    Man, this game is hard. crazy I only recognise two of the samples, so I won't bother being last in the competition...

What, and let a good lady down!? wink
  7. Can you keep this game going for a couple of days - I'd like to have a go. 39 points seems to be a reasonable target!! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  8. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Can you keep this game going for a couple of days - I'd like to have a go. 39 points seems to be a reasonable target!! wink

no problem, I was gonna ask if somebody wants to have a go, so whoever wants to play, do that now smile
  9. Well I'm still working on my guesses.
    I'm your Piper at the gates of dawn.
  10. I can't wait for the final results - some stuff is of my big interest.
  11. PawelStroinski wrote
    I can't wait for the final results - some stuff is of my big interest.

And which stuff do you mean Pawel? wink
    I'm only waiting for Alan's submissions, one day wouldn't hurt I guess?

Ps, who's doing the next game or will we take a break for a couple of weeks?
  12. 1, 6, 15, 20, I think smile
  13. PawelStroinski wrote
    1, 6, 15, 20, I think smile

1 and 6 are indeed classics, and I think 20 nobody guessed, even though everybody knows the European composer smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2008
    I did take a listen to this set of clips last night and didn't get much. A lot of them are oh-so-familiar but I can't place them. Anyway I'll submit what I have when I get home.

Thomas Glorieux wrote

If no one else is scheduled or has anything ready then I could do it. It will have a theme.
  14. BhelPuri wrote
    I did take a listen to this set of clips last night and didn't get much. A lot of them are oh-so-familiar but I can't place them. Anyway I'll submit what I have when I get home.

Thomas Glorieux wrote

If no one else is scheduled or has anything ready then I could do it. It will have a theme.

Fine by me, I'll end the moment Alan and you send me the guesses, probably tomorrow or wednesday
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    BhelPuri wrote

Thomas Glorieux wrote

Fine by me, I'll end the moment Alan and you send me the guesses, probably tomorrow or wednesday

I'll try and get answers in tomorrow.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2008
    I can't access the clips!? crazy
  15. Timmer wrote
    I can't access the clips!? crazy

what do you mean? download works perfectly for me
  16. Final Update I presume

Grimble Gromble makes a spectacular entrance, and is to be commended for his long overdue search for the truth. But it seems nobody can beat numero uno here

Playing: 8

2. PawelStroinski: 32 points wave
    3. Plindboe & Grimble Gromble: 30 points cool
    4. Southal: 25 points
    5. Christodoulides: 14 points
    6. Bregt: 13 points
    7. Bregje: 5 points shame

Guessed the Bonus: Christodoulides, Bregje & Southal (composer only) and DreamTheater and PawelStroinski (composer and work)

Heads up, last chance for Timmer and Alan, tomorrow I'll post the answers so our friend Bheluri can present his game
  17. I'm just about to download the set and I'll PM you my guesses later tonight.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  18. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm just about to download the set and I'll PM you my guesses later tonight.

I expect nothing but the maximum of points from you Alan wink
  19. Final Scores are here

James, BhelPuri and Alan made a great jump towards first place but alas didn't reach the desired points, good last effort though, thanks for playing everyone! Hope you enjoyed it!

Playing: 8

2. PawelStroinski: 32 points
    3. Southal: 31 points
    4. Plindboe, Grimble Gromble & FalkirkBairn: 30 points
    5. BhelPuri: 25 points
    6. Christodoulides: 14 points
    7. Bregt: 13 points
    8. Bregje: 5 points shame

Guessed the Bonus: Christodoulides, Bregje, Southal & BhelPuri (composer only) and DreamTheater and PawelStroinski (composer and work)

1. Jerry Goldsmith: Night Crossing (1981)
    2. James Horner: Brainstorm (1983) even though the 4 note motif is everpresent in all of Horner's music, the fanfares should have guessed it for most people
    3. Dave Grusin: The Goonies (1985)
    4. Andrew Powell: Ladyhawke (1985)
    5. Basil Poledouris: Amerika (1987)
    6. Jerry Goldsmith: Lionheart (1987)
    7. Carter Burwell: Miller's Crossing (1990): the directional pair was of course the Coen Brothers, and Burwell's theme is his finest yet
    8. James Horner: The Rocketeer (1991)
    9. Hans Zimmer & Mark Mancina: Millennium Tribal Wisdom & Modern World (1992): the shark movie was MEG for who Mancina is still credited for in IMDB, even though Zimmer is credited for Millennium, it is a known rumour Mancina wrote everything except the theme
    10. Marc Shaiman: City Slickers II (1994)
    11. Randy Newman: Maverick (1994)
    12. Graham Preskett & Hans Zimmer: Something to Talk About (1995): the swedish composer was Lasse Hallstrom
    13. David Newman: The Phantom (1996) the trailer music referred to this theme being used in the teaser of the mask of zorro
    14. Harry Gregson-Williams: The Borrowers (1997)
    15. James Newton Howard: The Postman (1997)
    16. George Fenton: Dangerous Beauty (1998)
    17. David Michael Frank: A Kid in King Alladin's Palace (1998): the mole referred to his music he wrote for the mole
    18. Trevor Jones: Thirteen Days (2000)
    19. Joe Hisaishi: Le Petit Poucet (2001)
    20. Patrick Doyle: Nouvelle France (2004) the Canadian singer was Celine Dion who wrote Nouvelle France based on Doyle's score, this melody was the theme of that song and the heart of the stirring music
    Bonus: Hans Zimmer: Bird on a Wire (1990)
  20. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm just about to download the set and I'll PM you my guesses later tonight.

I expect nothing but the maximum of points from you Alan wink

shame
    I've failed you, master. sad
  21. I like those games and their research. It's not the last time I participate!