• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2008
    Is it Alan's birthday soon?
    We could buy him a box! biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Frederick's Of Hollywood's edible undies?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

vomit <--me choking on coffee LOL biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Martijn wrote
    Is it Alan's birthday soon?
    We could buy him a box! biggrin

Thanks for the thought, Martijn.

Martijn wrote

But only up to a point...a very sharp point.

I did miss out on this boxed set. But, I'm not sure I would have bought this.

There's part of me that doesn't really understand why this sold out so quickly. Surely there can't be too many people who are familiar with all those titles.

What gets me with all these titles bundled together is that there's going to be no chance of getting any of the individual titles separately now in the future?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2008
    I wonder if he obtained this release
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2008
    Got my Shaft set today, so Ill be shafted the rest of the day.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    moonie wrote
    Got my Shaft set today, so Ill be shafted the rest of the day.

Check out Gordon Parks title song from SHAFT'S BIG SCORE Moonie, it's friggin excellent!

Hard to dislike a theme song with lyrics like "the man's trouble, he's been to my house" and "a cool dude who shovels his food" cheesy FANTASTIC!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Thanks Ive heard the song and you right, its a
    bad ass song , Im going to load up itunes then the ipod with all this music, I already have the Shaft cd that was released and a LP rip of In Africa already on it.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2008
    biggrin beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2008
    Just to let anyone know who might be interested, I managed to snag an MGM Treasury box for myself at www.moviegrooves.com yesterday. They now only have 2 copies left.

It was £120, which, with shipping, came to about $250 US, so yeah I definitely bit a $100+ bullet by not grabbing a copy when it was just released, but at least I got one now.

Are there any other places I might have been able to get a better price? Maybe I should've asked here first. I've seen it on eBay for $300...

Anyone wants one, be sure to grab one of those two remaining copies on that site.
    J-F
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thanks for the heads-up mate, but with She and the EL Cid and Shaft box last month, the Boys From Brazil (yeah, I caved after hearing that GLORIOUS waltz again... shame ) this month and the Indiana Jones and Delerue box in November, I fear my financial cup runneth over. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Don't mention finances! I feel guilty enough as it is. slant

Indiana Jones and Delerue boxes in November? I have got to check these other threads.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    HeeroJF wrote
    I have got to check these other threads.

Not if you value your wallet's contents... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm in the same boat as all of you. I did buy the MGM Treasury set at the retail price of $129.95. I'm tapped out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009 edited
    I see that Kritzerland are releasing two titles that were featured in this "treasury box":

Billion Dollar Brain - Richard Rodney Bennett
    Who Dares Wins (aka The Final Option) - Roy Budd

http://www.kritzerland.com/billion.htm

The Bennett title was one of those that tempted me to buy this box at the time - but I decided against it. Now that it's been released now I may just pick it up.

If there's going to be a tendency for boxed sets to be released I'll be wary in future, wondering if titles that I'd like will be released separately sometime in the future.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    If there's going to be a tendency for boxed sets to be released I'll be wary in future, wondering if titles that I'd like will be released separately sometime in the future.

I'm unlikely to ever buy one of these "quirky" box sets which contains a mixture of everything, so I'm very pleased to see the titles start to get released individually. (Kritzerland has released some of the other scores from this box separately, haven't they?) I'll be getting Billion Dollar Brain now.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009
    Billion Dollar Brain is a fantastic score, well worth it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009
    I like Billion Dollar Brain but I bought the quirky box.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009
    There is a long, and I mean long discussion about Kritzerland taking material out of this box (MGM Treasury) and releasing it again.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009
    sdtom wrote
    There is a long, and I mean long discussion about Kritzerland taking material out of this box (MGM Treasury) and releasing it again.
    Thomas

I saw that in its early stages and almost lost the will to live. I'd have thought people who are fans of such a niche, little-appreciated form of music would want the music to be available to as many people as possible. But evidently not. I find it very sad.
  2. Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

I'm unlikely to ever buy one of these "quirky" box sets which contains a mixture of everything, so I'm very pleased to see the titles start to get released individually. (Kritzerland has released some of the other scores from this box separately, haven't they?) I'll be getting Billion Dollar Brain now.

Yes, they have been releasing other titles (e.g., The Apartment) but I think that they've said that's it for the time being.

In the past I'd be tempted to get a box for a few of the choice titles with the other titles being "bonuses". Now I may just hold off in the hope that these future choice titles could be released individually.

It is great to see these titles being released individually. Billion Dollar Brain is certainly of interest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2009
    Southall wrote

I saw that in its early stages and almost lost the will to live. I'd have thought people who are fans of such a niche, little-appreciated form of music would want the music to be available to as many people as possible. But evidently not. I find it very sad.

I agree with you James, of course. The one comment that got me was this one.

Posted: Oct 21, 2009 - 12:50 PM
    By: Disco Stu (Member)

Without any sarcasm or irony do I type: thank you very much Kritzerland!
    I was wishing for this one. My FSM box can now go to the bay. I only bought it for "How to murder your wife" and "Who dares wins". I really wanted that music. When I received the FSM box, I didn't open the box as I felt I had given in to an impulse buy and somehow $129.- was a lot of money for just a few tracks; even for me!
    When "Htmyw" was released as a single CD, I kept the box in its shrink wrap counting on you releasing "Wdw", and now you have.
    If I can get this issue of "Who dares wins", and I can sell the box, four parties will be happy: FSM and Kritzerland got their money. Another collector gets the box he/she missed out on and finally I have the CDs I wanted all along and didn't have to pay 120 plus something dollars to get them. Who knows I might even make a small profit that would be guilding the lilly (and before anyone thinks of getting me on that angle: I bought the box for the CDs in the first second and all other places, FOR the MUSIC and NOT with the idea of making money).

So against all the negative reactions consider this, my thanks and gratitude. Kritzerland has become a familiar name in my CD inventory. Keep up the good work.

Kind regards.

D.S.
    He was apparently real interested in the music.
    Thomas
  3. Sounds like a speculator trying to tart up his/her actions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Sounds like a speculator trying to tart up his/her actions.

What got me was there were only two scores he really had to have, which would be $65.00 a score and then when he got the set he didn't play them?

Thomas