• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Okay, found it:
    http://www.kmmproductions.com/mu_kfp.html
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. justin boggan wrote
    Okay, found it:
    http://www.kmmproductions.com/mu_kfp.html

Thanks!
  3. "Knights of Badassdom"
    Bear McCreary
    Source: new interview where he says he's begun work on it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. justin boggan wrote
    "Knights of Badassdom"
    Bear McCreary
    Source: new interview where he says he's begun work on it.

sounds interesting smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. "Cosmopolis"
    Howard Shore
    Source: a news article states Shore will be scoring the film. Worked with the director plenty of times.

"Americana"
    Gabriel Yared
    Source: film's website, where Yared's name is rather prodominently displayed. I'm going to guess the director is a fan.
  6. "A Good Old Fashioned Orgy"
    Jon Sadoff (replacing a score by Jane Antonia Cornish, who replaced a score by Sam Cardon)
    Source: agency's credit list, and Jane's name disappeared from IMDB and was replaced by his.
  7. justin boggan wrote
    "A Good Old Fashioned Orgy"
    Jon Sadoff (replacing a score by Jane Antonia Cornish, who replaced a score by Sam Cardon)
    Source: agency's credit list, and Jane's name disappeared from IMDB and was replaced by his.

Those people can`t decide. Instead of having another composer, they couldn't keep the same composer and ask him to write another kind of music?
  8. At this point, I'm sure none of them really wanted to do it, except Sadoff who appears to still be fairly new at scoring, and therefore need a paycheck.

'cause, yeah -- folk 'ave been clammorin' to see this winner. They hear it's ... WINNIG.

Also, Reznor is no longer scoring "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" (see FilmMusicReporter for quote from Reznor). I believe Elfman is too booked to squeeze that in.
    Safe bet that based on Deborah Lurie working with him, and her having scored "Lesbian Vampire Killers", she'll probably get the gig at his suggestion.
  9. justin boggan wrote
    At this point, I'm sure none of them really wanted to do it, except Sadoff who appears to still be fairly new at scoring, and therefore need a paycheck.

'cause, yeah -- folk 'ave been clammorin' to see this winner. They hear it's ... WINNIG.

Also, Reznor is no longer scoring "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" (see FilmMusicReporter for quote from Reznor). I believe Elfman is too booked to squeeze that in.
    Safe bet that based on Deborah Lurie working with him, and her having scored "Lesbian Vampire Killers", she'll probably get the gig at his suggestion.

Debbie Wiseman scored Lesbian Vampire Killers, not Deborah Lurie.
  10. That sounds a little dirty.
  11. Wrong Debbie, Justin and I am pretty damn sure neither of them did Dallas wink
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  12. "The Vow"
    Rachel Portman
    Source: credits list for a guy who worked on the score.

Is David Holmes scoring "Dream House"?
  13. [copied from an article at blastr.com]

Have you been in serious Stargate: Universe withdrawal ever since the series was canceled? Well, a whole lot of SGU alumni are working to make you feel better.

No, it's not a revival of the show, but Red Eye Chicago reports that SGU visual FX supervisor Mark Savela and production assistant Ken Kabatoff have teamed up to write a pilot for a new series called Echoes. And they say that they've rallied "about 80 percent" of the SGU production crew to create a presentation piece with which they hope to sell the show.

The team, which includes SGU veterans like actors Jen Spence and Mike Dopud, director Will Waring, director of photography Michael Blundell, production designer James Robbins and composer Joel Goldsmith, is assembling in Vancouver this weekend to shoot the piece, which will showcase about 15 pages of the script.

"Naked Earth" (two-part BBC special)
    Ilan Eshkeri
    Source: orchestra who performed it.
  14. "The Smurfs" (shivers. More shivers after seeing pictures)
    Heitor Pereira (replacing a score by John Powell)
    Source: filmmusicreporter

I'm guessing this is the film that Doyle said in his interview, when mentioning he's good friends with Powell, that wasn't working out and Powell was having to redo his whole score. Powell + computer animals = I thought a lock.
  15. Smurfs aren't quite animals though, Justin.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2011
    I'm scared....Smurfs, just what the fuck are they??
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2011 edited
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smurfs

You either like them or hate them.

Growing up with the original comics, which had really wonderful stories, I never liked that animated cartoon show they did years later, which was immensely popular and made the Smurfs much more famous worldwide.

But this movie will be an all-hate situation! They could have done a great fantasy movie based on the original comics, but what are they going with? Smurfs in Central Park.

I think this is a perfect moment to use this: vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smurfs

You either like them or hate them.

Growing up with the original comics, which had really wonderful stories, I never liked that animated cartoon show they did years later, which was immensely popular and made the Smurfs much more famous worldwide.

But this movie will be an all-hate situation! They could have done a great fantasy movie based on the original comics, but what are they going with? Smurfs in Central Park.

I think this is a perfect moment to use this: vomit

Never really grew up with the comics, but I did grow up with this kiddie LP from 1978, which has the famous Norwegian actor/kiddie show host Geir Børresen (one of my favourites, he's got lots of absurd humour) singing alongside smurfs:

http://wma.phonofile.com/cover/25568_XL.jpg

Music clips here:

http://www.mic.musikkonline.no/shop/dis … p?id=25568
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2011
    Tsk.
    A direct rip-off from our own Father Abraham who wrote and recorded that song a year earlier.
    Smurfing Norwegians. angry :smurf:

(It's actually not something I feel fierce Dutch pride about, so I'm not sure why I even mentioned that... shame )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Tsk.
    A direct rip-off from our own Father Abraham who wrote and recorded that song a year earlier.

(It's actually not something I feel fierce Dutch pride about, so I'm not sure why I even mentioned that... shame )

He, he....I have a faint feeling it was an international phenomenon in the 70's and into the 80's. But I didn't know your guy wrote it; that's cool trivia.

Here's the Norwegian version of the same song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWgpLAM2AG0
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Martijn wrote
    Tsk.

The Smurfs are from Belgium, so we're the ones who should feel shame

Ah well, at least they're cute little buggers...

When you're 5.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2011
    Martijn wrote
    Tsk.

A big BIG BIG hit here in the UK, I told you it scared me! slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  16. "Just Like Her" (recorded)
    Mark Snow
    Source: various news articles.

Independant film not picked up for distribution yet, with no IMDB page, created by one of the people responsible for an X-Files news site, Avi Quijada.
  17. "Army of Two" (next video game in the series; no IMDB page yet)
    Sean Callery
    Source: Callery confirming it in his new interview with ScoreNotes.com

"Bunraku"
    Terrence Blanchard (replacing a score by David Torn)
    Source: news reports, and FilmMusicReporter a bit back.

"Lake Effects" (recorded)
    Kaz Boyle
    Source: various sites of people who worked on the score.
  18. .
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2011
    Ouch.
  19. If and when I get final verification, I'll let you guys know, but I'd rather somebody beat me to it and it rpoves to be wrong.
  20. justin boggan wrote
    "Rise of the Apes"
    Trevor Rabin (replacing a score by Patrick Doyle)
    Source: somebody please tell me this is WRONG. Please.

Noo! I was hoping to heard. By the way, there's something weird with Doyle and MV. First, the sound clips of Thor sound like a MV score than a Doyle score, now this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2011
    justin boggan wrote
    "Rise of the Apes"

If that's true, sorry to hear it.

Nothing against Rabin, I like his stuff, but I was excited about what Doyle could create for this - especially when he convinced me that he's able to pull off stuff for THOR that didn't really sound like Doyle at all. Which would also be a requierement for APES, of course.
    I am extremely serious.
  21. justin boggan wrote
    "Rise of the Apes"

I like Rabin too, but this is a disappointment sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh