• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. From a reply at a post in a thread over at elfman.filmmusic.com (now cinemusic.net), comes this terrific spoiler:

I spoke to some folks at La La Land records a while back and they said they've been working on producing Walker's Flash and Batman: The Animated Series soundtracks. Also in their pipeline, is music for the vastly under-appreciated Willard remake.

The post was in June, so I am assuming that "moved to" November release is the Walker stuff. And I think someone's as is going to get kicked for spilling the beans.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2008
    Any news on a Superman:tAS soundtrack release too? Walker did score some of the episodes in addition to the Ritmanis/McCuiston/Karter trimuvate.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2008
    Is it really that good? I haven't heard it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Check out my new website and tell for yourself: http://www.btasscores.150m.com
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2008
    Woohoo, so it's being released after all! Great! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorFrank
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010
    La-La Land has just revealed that they will release The Flash with music by Shirley Walker and theme by Danny Elfman at Tuesday, Feb 9, 2010 at Noon PST.

THE FLASH - 2 cd set featuring the best music from the DC Comics/Warner Bros television show. Music by Shirley Walker, theme by Danny Elfman. Produced by Ford A. Thaxton. Mastered by James Nelson and Liner Notes by Randall Larson. Features over 2 HOURS of some of the best music written for television in recent memory! If you loved Ms Walker's work on Batman and Superman you will love this!

LIMITED EDITION of 3000 units
    $26.98

La-La Land will also release Confession with music by Ryan Shore (limited to 1000 copies).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010
    Frank wrote
    La-La Land has just revealed that they will release The Flash with music by Shirley Walker and theme by Danny Elfman at Tuesday, Feb 9, 2010 at Noon PST.

THE FLASH - 2 cd set featuring the best music from the DC Comics/Warner Bros television show. Music by Shirley Walker, theme by Danny Elfman. Produced by Ford A. Thaxton. Mastered by James Nelson and Liner Notes by Randall Larson. Features over 2 HOURS of some of the best music written for television in recent memory! If you loved Ms Walker's work on Batman and Superman you will love this!

LIMITED EDITION of 3000 units
    $26.98

La-La Land will also release Confession with music by Ryan Shore (limited to 1000 copies).

Hmmm...I already have the theme, which is cool (pure BATMAN pastiche, of course), but I don't think I would be interested in the other stuff. I have no connection to these series (BATMAN: ANIMATED, FLASH and so on).
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Yeah, LLLR said sometiems back, they were doing:

"The Flash"
    "Willard"
    Trying for "Superman: The Animated Series"

And I think there was another Walker title.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010
    I loved the series The Flash. I also loved the music, as far as I remember. I guess I will wait for the sound clips just to refresh my memories and decide on buying or not after that. The main theme is great, that's for sure.
    Anyway, this seems like a good edition; a 2 CD pack of The Flash.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2010
    Amusing thing on her Facebook fan page:

SHIRLEY WALKER hi to all the film music fans
    March 19, 2009 at 11:18pm · View Feedback (2)Hide Feedback (2)

Viquii Johannesson
    Hi Shirley, I am so happy to see a woman film music composer!
    February 23 at 11:59am · Report

SHIRLEY WALKER
    shirley is dead viquii
    March 18 at 1:03am · Report
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin Facebook always attracts all the stupid crowds.

failbooking.com
    lamebook.com
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Well, I think, that's a good one too:

Over at David Arnolds profile:

Joe King: "Thanks for being my friend, my neighbour Stu tells me that you're a famous composer and you did Mission Impossible. Sorry to say, it's not my favourite film I find Tom Cruise annoying, I'm more of a Steven Seagal fan. Did you do any of his films?"
    June 10 at 11:32am · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall

David Arnold: "I liked Mission Impossible so much I didnt write the score for it.Would love to do a Segal film, especially one where he bends people hands backwards and kicks them in the face"
    June 10 at 12:30pm ·

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    hahaha sweeeeeet
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    lol
  4. I just foud this short film she scored; the director put all thei nfo and the seperate score file on his site:
    http://www.gagneint.com/Final%20site/mi … hirley.htm

EDIT:
    Alternative youtube link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5nrEgs8L0s
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2013
    Got the review copy of Willard and was very impressed with what I heard. She learned well from Herrmann
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2013
  5. Review of Turbulence
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. I've been skimming threw a 1994 TV movie called "The Haunting of Seacliff Inn", to check out her unreleased score.

A small intimate score with strings, woodwinds and piano (mainly). Some darker cues also, with the usual low sounds and scarry orchestrations -- no new ground is broken here.

The score is not particularly memorable and I can't even recall the theme -- even after hearing it.

The darker stuff is very unimpressive and while like I said it doesn't break any new ground, it still doesn't even try to be good at previously treaded ground.

Not a highlight of her scoring career.

I gave up on the score and movie half-way in.
    You just know you're got a "winner" on your hands when the wife of the young copuple goes upstairs to the bedroom of an old lady who's house they are interested in selling, is, finds stuff knocked over, blood, blood on the bathroom, door, and her dead on the floor with a puddle of blood by her head and the cops say she hit her head made it to the bathroom, and bleed to death. Then the cop hands them a note of a family member, who wants now owns the house and may sell; like two minutes later, happy music and the couple hugging and smiling how they now own the house -- never mind the poor old lady who died a terrible death that the wife witnessed minutes after.
  7. For years I've been trying to find out the episode of a short-lived series she scored called "Berrenger's". Finally, somebody uploaded all but three episodeso f the series to youtube (with a four missing the composer credit, which was cut off).

So, for those curious, here is the episode:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwnKEht6Lhk

The scoring is sparce to begin with and all over the place stylistically speaking.

Composers I sumitted to IMDb:
    Walker
    Ron Grant (corrected)
    Lanuce Rubin
    Jerrold Immel
    Joel Rosenbaum
    and Nan Schwartz