• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. If you got one, post it here. I will start off with a composer named David McHugh, who I am told has a beautiful score for a film called "Country" (I can't find any sound clips though).

He wrote this about his son:
    http://thescreamonline.com/commentary/c … 1/mcq.html
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. I saw this posted in a Now Playing" thread and had to memorialize it:

PawelStroinski:
    I have a feeling that seeing Titus also always helps with listening to 300.

There was a hilarious moment last year on the festival when Elliot Goldenthal was in Kraków and a friend who collects film score sheet pages with autographs came to Goldenthal to get a signature on Victorious Titus' first page.

Goldenthal looks at the score, looks at Ɓukasz and:

"Are you sure it's not 300?!"
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. I think I can share this one without any secrets being spilled, but this was a brilliant experience for me.

As you know I met with Hans Zimmer and attended a recording session of his, which stemmed directly from the fact that the first meeting was a very hectic one and didn't have much time for me and my friend, Richard (who made the pictures as seen in my report posted here at the time).

So we went in there in the middle of a meeting with the recording engineer of AIR Studios, they were talking about something, so we were asked to go outside (Hans asked: "Do you smoke?" Me: "I do". I think Bob Badami, the music editor, recommended the trash bin on the balcony) and so we went.

After my moments of excitement (OMG, that's really him!) I had my smoke and we waited for about 20 minutes and Hans comes out saying that we would listen to some music (which ended up being the demo for the suite that would be later recorded, on album called Shadows, parts 1, 2 and 3), but we couldn't tell anyone or he'd come and burn down our houses. Then a little banter that admittedly made me confused happened (Hans to Richard: "I trust you, but not him"; I tend to realise jokes quite late into the game)

Richard noticed a burnt-down building outside and said "Like this guy's over there"? Hans chuckled and in his heavy German accent:

"Yeah, he blurbed".
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. Oh -- here's a good one I remembered. Posted years ago on the MovieMusicUK.us forums:

Post by brendan on Dec 6, 2006, 7:58am

One more story...this didn't happen to me, but the story is too good not to share:

A friend of mine had arrived in Los Angeles and was beginning his studies in film scoring at USC. He was able to get invited to some music benefit gathering happening in L.A. and there were going to be lots of film composers around. He was having a great evening with his friends, pointing out composers they knew and also having a chance to talk to Basil Poledouris. During the conversation he excused himself to go to the bathroom. In the bathroom, as he was standing at the urinal, who should take up a place at the next urinal but John Williams himself! Of course, being a urinal situation, conversation is forbidden due to the unwritten Bathroom Code of Men. So, my friend simply zipped up, washed and headed out, far too star-struck to actually wait for Williams (and that's kind of weird anyway to stalk someone outside the bathroom door). He returned to where his friends and Poledouris were still talking and he excitedly said, "You'll never guess what happend! John Williams was in there using the urinal next to me!"

Without a second thought, Poledouris smiled and asked, "Really? So...did you see it?"
  5. Thomas Newman had a chat with Errol Morris prior to the 2007 Oscar ceremony. Newman had been nominated for THE GOOD GERMAN. Morris good-naturedly said something like "haven't you been nominated and lost eight times now?" Newman's reply: "No, I've failed seven, but this will be my eighth." He lost to Santolalla's BABEL.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2013
    biggrin This and the Poledouris quote above are top smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.